Author Topic: My other obsession  (Read 1672 times)

soera

My other obsession
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:12:12 pm »
I dont talk about it much since it is a gaming forum but I have something I love probably more than my games and its my Harley. I just finished painting the motor this morning and got her out for pics. 1999 Harley 883C with 15,200 miles.

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/DWcollector/My%20baby/?action=view&current=PICT1662.jpg (click on the pic itself to enlarge it).

byron

Re: My other obsession
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:42:11 pm »
I love my Harley too. Here she is:

It's an AMF Roadmaster moped. It was built in 1980, when AMF owned Harley-Davidson, thereby technically making it a Harley.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:59:51 am »
I love my Harley too. Here she is:

It's an AMF Roadmaster moped. It was built in 1980, when AMF owned Harley-Davidson, thereby technically making it a Harley.

Super-cute!  Makes me think of a BMX / Vespa hybrid from the '80s.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 10:31:20 am »
I dont talk about it much since it is a gaming forum but I have something I love probably more than my games and its my Harley. I just finished painting the motor this morning and got her out for pics. 1999 Harley 883C with 15,200 miles.

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/DWcollector/My%20baby/?action=view&current=PICT1662.jpg (click on the pic itself to enlarge it).

Beautiful bike!

My friend has a sweet, classic, old-looking "Hogan's Heroes" kind of bike w/ a 'suicide-shift'...love that one, too.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:16:23 am »
I'm jealous. Someday I'll have one of my own. Doesn't need to be a Harley, just looking for a good road bike.

soera

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:34:24 am »
If you want a cheap bike without any maintenance, get a Honda ... if you want an awesome bike that looks good going down the road, get a Harley. :)

scott

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 05:17:54 pm »
If you want a cheap bike without any maintenance, get a Honda ...

That's my plan. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to do it. I've been looking into it for awhile now, and I just found out you can ride with folks who have their endorsment already, as long as you have applied for your learners permit. (win)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 05:35:29 pm »
Get your endorsement asap. Buy the cheap little manual and read it over a few times. Take the written (probably fail the first time cause some of the stuff is weird) and then read it over again and take it again. If its like Oklahoma, you dont pay til you get your license so keep at it til you get it. Once you pass the written, the driving part is pretty easy (especially if you have already been riding like I was ... 3 years before I got mine).

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:11:37 pm »
That sure looks nice. I'd never be able to ride one though, I have a hard enough time with 2 feet let alone 2 wheels :)

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 10:42:46 am »
Awesome!

A few pictures of mine: