Author Topic: Post-Apocalypse Games  (Read 1302 times)

lordmeatpie

Post-Apocalypse Games
« on: September 13, 2012, 12:16:08 pm »
I love all these post-apocalypse games hahaha.
Anyone else addicted to the Fallout / Borderlands or any others?
Im sitting at 98% of trophies for Fallout 3. I just need to get that damned Alien Captive Logs trophy to 100% it :( :(
Despite my diehard love of the retro games, Fallout 3 is my absolute favorite game of all time.
I even have a tattoo of the Brotherhood of Steel symbol on my right leg!
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

scott

Re: Post-Apocalypse Games
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 02:23:23 pm »
Loved Fallout 3. I played it so much that I ended up 100%ing the achievements on it. I think I've walked from one section of the Capital Wasteland and still haven't seen everything.  I still really like playing the original Fallout too and New Vegas, which I want to eventually finish 100% on.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

lordmeatpie

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 06:25:06 pm »
Yeah, I think Im obliged to sit down soon and suffer through the Mothership Zeta again haha. it was just so brutal, and everything else I could do without looking it up on the internet or in a strategy guide. but i think for tis final; trophy ill just have to suck it up and watch the walk through :( Then New Vegas I still am only at 60some percent.

godnightshade

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:23 am »
The Fallout series is the best series of games ever made. Ever.

blipcs76

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:06:08 am »
Fallout 3 occupied me for six months, in which I didn't play anything else.  I'm sure I dropped at least 150 hours into it if not more, on three separate playthroughs so I could play as good/bad/neutral as well as try different sets of skills.  So much fun exploring that world they created, from Oasis, the Republic of Dave, vault 108, Andale (ick), the Dunwich Building (ugh)...so many awesome places that are completely original, extremely interesting and they're all optional side quests, some you just stumble upon.  If it were not for the sudden ending and completely frustrating tunnel system, it would be my favorite game from this generation.

New Vegas was awesome as well, but seemed to be a smaller world that wasn't as open to exploration as Fallout 3 was.

I still haven't tried Borderlands, but have been meaning to give it a try sometime.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »
I've got an extra copy of Borderlands 1 GOTY edition for Steam for $18.75 if you're interested...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

lordmeatpie

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 09:07:55 pm »
Just got Borderlands 2 last night for PS3, been playing for over 9 hours now!

psydswipe

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 06:49:44 am »
I played through Fallout 3 twice as well and missed the Mothership Zeta logs achievement. On the second play through I tried to build the perfect character and I think I got close. Knowing what I knew from my first play through and then reading up on items in the game that I didn't find I aimed to maximize my attributes and skills. I can't remember how it all ended without turning on the game again but I think I got close and have all of my skills over 70 with most in the 90s. One thing I do recall is going after the +1 Intelligence bobblehead as soon as I got out of the vault so that I'd get more skill points each time I leveled. It's not too hard to get to Rivet City that early if you know where you are going. Just had to skirt along the bottom of the map and get in the water for a swim.