Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89958 times)

doafan

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #630 on: May 05, 2016, 11:43:24 am »
Damn it by mistake I deleted the content of this one  :'(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:09:47 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #631 on: July 04, 2016, 06:11:33 pm »
I went to Goodwill's half-off sale and got all of these DVDs for $2 a piece! Nice little chunk to add to the collection:

« Reply #632 on: July 06, 2016, 07:33:01 pm »
It was a very 90's day today.  I was actually on the lookout for the RHCP album, realizing I had never listened to any of their albums.  Blood Sugar Sex Magik is pretty great.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #633 on: July 16, 2016, 12:10:40 pm »
Some recent Goodwill pick-ups, besides the DVDs I already posted:

-A crapload of awesome 80s & 90s Flash issues.
-The entire JLA: The Nail Mini-Series
-The entire "My Teacher is Alien" 4 book series
-The 2 Resident Evil Novels are all original and not based directly from a video game.
-Dragonball Z: Resurrection F DVD (Okay, this one wasn't from Goodwill)
-Chevelle - This Type of Thinking (Could Do Us In) CD
-Europe - Final Countdown CD
-Megadeth - Rust in Peace (Original release, I had the Remastered version where they butchered their own songs)
-Pearl Jan - Ten CD

I've also been keeping up with the new DC Rebirth titles and Civil War II over at Marvel. Didn't include those in the pics since I've been talking about them a little in the comic thread.

gf78

« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2016, 12:21:27 pm »
It was a very 90's day today.  I was actually on the lookout for the RHCP album, realizing I had never listened to any of their albums.  Blood Sugar Sex Magik is pretty great.

Great album.  Favorite track however for me is from Stadium Arcadium - Dani California.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #635 on: July 20, 2016, 09:05:35 am »
Woo-Hoo!  Recently added a few Star Wars items!

Lucasfilm Fan Club #6:  The only issue I was missing!  Basically, the Star Wars Insider Magazine started with issue #23.  Prior to that, it was Lucasfilm Fan Club.  Think how Thor was initially called Journey Into Mystery.  So happy to finally complete the collection!

Star Wars Elite Series FN-2187:  The newest addition to the Disney Store exclusive die cast figure series, FN-2187 is Finn in a Stormtrooper outfit with removable helmet.  I've snagged every one of these figures so far and I believe this is #17.    :o

Star Wars Aftermath - Life Debt hardcover novel:  The newest novel, will be here Thursday courtesy of Amazon!

Smuggler's Bounty Jabba's Palace box:  Will be here today (Wednesday)!  I've seen the contents.  It includes a Jabba the Hut ceramic mug, R2-D2 as a server on Jabba's barge, baseball cap, pin and patch.  I don't think this one comes with a t-shirt, so the hat is a nice change.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:15:18 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #636 on: October 15, 2016, 03:21:02 pm »
Got a few goodies today on sale which was nice.  FYE has buy 1 get 1 50%, so I got Reaper half off and got myself Godzilla.  Also found this horribly mangled Battle Damaged Gypsy Danger, which was torn to pieces and in backwards, as apparently someone tried to steal it and all they had seemed to be a jagged rock to slice it open with lol But not only was it on clearance, but because the packaging was such a mess, they even knocked off another 15%, so it's like over half off.

Not particularly into the Pop figures, usually only if it's a property I like and more often than not needs to not have the same default face, so masked or helmeted figures are a big plus.

doafan

« Reply #637 on: October 17, 2016, 11:12:21 am »
This past Sunday I went nuts because MC Donalds started to give the toys of the The Powerpuff Girls with the purchase of each Happy Meal and since my daughter is mega fanatic of this cartoon had to search at very damn location to complete the set, dunno why the hell they don't have all the girls at one point/store neither why they don't have enough stock of them, spend a lot of gasoline going through here to there but seeing her smile when she finally found the last one was priceless.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #638 on: October 19, 2016, 01:30:00 pm »
Few graphic novells i bought last weekend.

« Reply #639 on: October 26, 2016, 03:46:31 pm »
I found a handful of these at the Salvation Army today, though only grabbed one for the heck of it.  Seems to be a blind box for these little tank figurines.  I just saw all the Japanese writing on them and thought they were neat.

« Reply #640 on: October 27, 2016, 12:03:23 am »
Added a few more vintage sealed Star Trek action figures to my collection today. I got:

Admiral Riker (All Good Things)
Q (TNG Uniform)
Ben Sisko (Dress Uniform)
Jake Sisko

With these, I'm now sitting right at a 20% complete collection of the Playmates 4.5" line.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2016, 08:42:47 pm »
New pick-ups for the music collection.

The new Metallica album is excellent so far (I've only listened to the 1st of 2 discs) and feels like the real Metallica I remember, not the garbage that was the last couple of albums.

The Scorpions one is the last Scorpions album I needed to complete the set!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:46:46 pm by burningdoom »

Flashback2012

« Reply #642 on: November 19, 2016, 11:40:33 am »
Been on a small SteelBook buying binge of late. I've picked up the following on Blu-Ray in the past month or so...

Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
Finding Dory
Ghostbusters (2016)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Transformers: The Movie
X-Men: Apocalypse
Young Frankenstein

doafan

« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2016, 01:08:53 pm »
Would love to add this 2DS to my collection but the true is that yesterday was my daughter's birthday and I gave her first console as a gift, am talking about the one with the Mario Kart 7 included, glad that this one it's compatible with the DS cause she is also playing Yoshi's Island DS, will purchase her a couple of games and maybe if I got a chance will purchase some titles for me, well if she allows me to use it cause she practically sleep with it  :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #644 on: December 02, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »
Check out this beauty of a machine I came across in Goodwill today. Everything works perfectly, and believe it or not, it still had the remote (at Goodwill!). Only $25.

It supports everything I'll ever need - HDMI, component, composite, S-video, RF, and USB. It records (and plays) digitally, to a DVD, or to a VHS. It even has an SD-card slot. Best part: It upscales it all to 1080!

This was a great find. I only went in there to look around because I had no comics in my pull-box at the local comic shop this week.