Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89417 times)

pacpix

Recently Added to Other Collections
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:40:32 pm »
I recently started collecting CDs and have around 20-30 right now.

Today I picked up ...And Justice for All by Metallica
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jcalder8

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 12:00:08 am »
I guess that I have started to collect Manga since I have just picked up another series,  Fallen Vampire.

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »
I recently started collecting CDs and have around 20-30 right now.

Today I picked up ...And Justice for All by Metallica

If that the only one you have do yourself a favor and stop there. :/

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:17:00 am »
Well I also have the Black album and Death Magnetic.  Don't know if I will be getting Load, Reload, or St. Anger though.  I for sure will be picking up the first three albums though.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:42:58 am »
Load and Re-Load were not popular but I liked them. St Anger however was horrible for me.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:47 am »
METALLICA***FTW!!!

1).  Kill 'Em All,

2).  Ride The Lightning,

3).  Master of 'Muppets',

4).  (starting to lose faith -but- still not bad) And Justice For All,

5).  (lost the rest of my faith with) The Black Album,

...and...if they have any other albums after this - I don't even wanna' know about or ever hear them!

/sarcasm

(I *Know* there's more albums)...but my *PERSONAL* opinions & feelings concerning them are honestly stated above :P

*NOTE*  I also quite liked Garage Days Re-revisisted...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:55 am »
Load and Re-Load were not popular but I liked them. St Anger however was horrible for me.

Same here. I have every Metallica album and I like them all except St. Anger. To the point that I refused to rip it to my iPod, ha.

Also stay away from Lulu. Its complete garbage.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 09:57:14 am »
On a other collections note. I also have a decent amount of action figures, CDs, and I used to read comics. I have 15 volumes of Naruto manga, most all .hack related manga/novels and some of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. I also have a decent sized collection of Anime.

soera

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:21:24 am »
METALLICA***FTW!!!

1).  Kill 'Em All,

2).  Ride The Lightning,

3).  Master of 'Muppets',

4).  (starting to lose faith -but- still not bad) And Justice For All,

5).  (lost the rest of my faith with) The Black Album,

...and...if they have any other albums after this - I don't even wanna' know about or ever hear them!

/sarcasm

(I *Know* there's more albums)...but my *PERSONAL* opinions & feelings concerning them are honestly stated above :P

*NOTE*  I also quite liked Garage Days Re-revisisted...

I didnt think Id ever meet someone that didnt like the black album. Its one of the greatest albums of all time period.

And since it hasnt been mentioned, the S&M CD set is fantastic.

soera

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:38 am »
And my other "collections" are my bike (I know its just one thing but I collect chrome pieces to put on it !) and Rigor Motor hotwheels. I have all 21 paint styles of the car. I always look for more variations of the paint style. I love the look of the car. :)

scott

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:33 am »
Sounds like Disgaeniac is a hardcore Cliff Burton fan and who's to blame him. Ha

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:42:17 am »
I didnt think Id ever meet someone that didnt like the black album. Its one of the greatest albums of all time period.

Heh!
I'm old :P

I was born on 10-25-70; so...I was 10 years old in '80 and turned 20 in '90.

Obviously, me (and many others like myself / those who were in their teens - early 20's) at this time had a very good & thorough, 1st-hand experience of the beginning, the "high-points/domination" of, and the beginning of the end of the "80's Metal/Hard-Rock" and/or "Hair Bands"

As Scott mentioned, I was indeed a fan of Cliff Burton.
I also thought that Dave Mustaine did some amazing guitar work while he was with Metallica!

Just for laughs...anyone who has more than just a little passing interest in Megadeth, Dave Mustaine, and/or Metallica (specifically, *earlier* Metallica); *PLEASE*:

A).  Listen to the song "Mechanix" by Megadeth,

B).  Listen to the Metallica song "The Four Horsemen" (off of their "Kill 'Em All" album), and

C).  Tell me that Mr. Mustaine wasn't treated like shit by his "friends" from Metallica  >:(

Anyhow, during that time (after *years* of Metallica swearing (and building their reputation, following, and credibility) that you'd *NEVER* "hear a metallica song on the radio)", and, swearing even more vehemently that "Metallica would break-up the band & stop performing, writing, and releasing albums *Before* anyone would *EVER* see a Metallica video on MTV".

They built (and were respected by) their fan-base very much on the fact that they were "different", "rebellious", "non-conforming", and...*ESPECIALLY* that they would never be 'sell-outs' (like the other 80's hair-bands, hard-rock & metal bands that Metallica constantly insulted, derided, and prided themselves greatly on how they would never "conform" like bands such as Guns and Roses and Motley Crue had by "adding an orchestra to hard-rock/heavy metal"; or by (at that time, in the eyes of the band & their fans) commiting the worst Sin/"Sell-out" possible...

...*Going MTV*

So, for myself (and the majority of my friends growing-up); it wasn't so much that we couldn't stand The Black Album because there wasn't a single decent song on it...so much as it was that (starting w/ And Justice For All) and continuing/being forever cemented w/ the release of The Black Album...sadly (yet undeniably) Metallica was no longer the Metallica that we grew-up loving and standing in line overnight to assure a seat at their next local show :(

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure that financially & business-wise, their big *changes* were well thought-out & profitable & successful for them.
I'm sure that the "newer" Metallica releases exposed many new & younger fans to their music...and earned them (another) great & large following...but...it also cost/lost them one, too  :-\

And since it hasnt been mentioned, the S&M CD set is fantastic.

"S&M CD set"?

soera

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 01:30:19 pm »
You are only 4 years older than I am. :P

As for the S&M set : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%26M_(album) . Its an orchestra playing Metallica songs with the band. It really is an impressive sound. :)

After re-reading what you said, its ironic I mentioned the S&M cause its exactly what they said they wouldnt do.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 02:41:16 pm »
You are only 4 years older than I am. :P

As for the S&M set : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%26M_(album) . Its an orchestra playing Metallica songs with the band. It really is an impressive sound. :)

After re-reading what you said, its ironic I mentioned the S&M cause its exactly what they said they wouldnt do.

My total & absolute last straw w/ Metallica was..."Napster".

It was depressing (growing up w/ them) to see what they'd become after lovin' what they used to be :(

soera

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 03:28:00 pm »
I will agree with you on the Napster deal. I lost a whole lot of respect for them when that happened.