Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 95666 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »
That one isnt the 60€ card  ;)

« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2014, 03:14:31 pm »
You're right, the really pricey one is the shadowless first edition.

But Charizard cards have always been on the high demand/low supply side of the PTCG market, so any is good to have.

« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2014, 08:06:03 pm »

blipcs76

« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2014, 09:23:22 am »
You're right, the really pricey one is the shadowless first edition.

But Charizard cards have always been on the high demand/low supply side of the PTCG market, so any is good to have.

Back in college in the late 90's, I used to buy packs of Pokemon cards and resell them on eBay.  I think I only ever found 2 of the foil Charizards out of dozens of packs I went through.

Veilor

« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2014, 11:29:47 am »
I had a foil Charizard that was new from a booster pack when I was 10-11 years old. But I traded it for a guys whole collection of cards (like 500 cards).

jcalder8

« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2014, 04:23:27 pm »
I finally picked up the last 6 inch Black Series Star Wars figure that I have been looking for for about two and a half months! Boba Fett is finally mine!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:26:52 pm by jcalder8 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #351 on: March 04, 2014, 08:32:42 pm »

Today was a good day to go to Goodwill!

There was a bunch more great stuff, too, I just already had it. More Justice League DVDs, both Ultimate Avengers movies, Invincible Iron Man, and more.

I love my local Goodwill. Since it opened I must have doubled my game collection and tripled my movie collection. And even have gotten some choice comic issues.

scott

« Reply #352 on: March 04, 2014, 09:26:21 pm »
Picked up Rock of Ages and Fast and Furious on Blu-Ray. I already have Fast and Furious in a DVD 2 pack, but it didn't have the short film Los Bandoleros in it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #353 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:07 pm »
Those Ghostbusters VHS movies are nice Burningdoom!  We should trade Goodwill stores.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:38 pm »

First off, I finally completed the Ruroni Kenshin series anyways
DVD
Beware the Batman Season1 Part 1

Blu-ray
Clerks
Clerks 2
Evil Dead 2
Evil Dead Remake
Get Smart
Jackie Chan Collection (Operation Condor 1&2, and Project A/A2)
Jay and Silent bob Strike back
Justice League War
Kung Fu Master
Arrow Season 1

Manga
Berserk 9 & 10
BTOOOM! 5
Deadman Wonderland 1
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 1,2,4,5 (3 is a bit backordered)
Rave Master 1,2,12

CD
Nightwish - Showtime, Storytime

*EDIT* Forgot I also picked up the 25th Anniversry Edition of Akira
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:00:59 pm by redblaze57 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #355 on: March 07, 2014, 09:46:32 pm »
A bunch of Sole CDs, a couple by Manchester Orchestra, Def Tones most recent which I cannot pronounce, and BTBaM Future Sequence. Also a movie called Key Largo. Debating whether to get "into" building a pre-1960s b/w movie collection.  ???

« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2014, 03:24:14 pm »
Wen to the Salvation Army and a found a couple Star Wars toys in the box for 10 bucks a piece, turns out that is basically what they are worth, but it's no biggie, they are cool to have as they are the '95 Imperial Speeder Bike and '96 Speeder Bike with Luke, good box condition, nice toys to have.  Not a huge toy collector anymore aside from a couple I really like, though if I had the money, I'd probably have a bajillion Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys lol

foxhack

« Reply #357 on: March 13, 2014, 02:09:49 am »
Wen to the Salvation Army and a found a couple Star Wars toys in the box for 10 bucks a piece, turns out that is basically what they are worth, but it's no biggie, they are cool to have as they are the '95 Imperial Speeder Bike and '96 Speeder Bike with Luke, good box condition, nice toys to have.  Not a huge toy collector anymore aside from a couple I really like, though if I had the money, I'd probably have a bajillion Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys lol

That's... interesting. A seller at a local flea market brought a box full of Star Wars figures about five months ago. He wanted five bucks per package. They didn't last a day, I'm sure one of the other resellers picked them up.

So here's my finds from the past two weeks:

DVDs - $1 each
Cake CD - $1

Funny thing, I'd been hunting for that Cake CD for the past five years or so. The bottom DVDs are all Troma-related, After Dark Thrillers was just a bunch of crappy movies and that last one has Traci Lords in it. You know. The former adult actress. She tried her luck at uh, normal cinema for a bit.

Citizen Kane - $1.50
Stephen King boxset - $2
Jim Henson boxset (Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Mirrormask) - $2
Meat Beat Manifesto CD - $1
War Anthology - $3

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #358 on: March 14, 2014, 04:40:58 am »
I just started into figure collecting a bit ago....  I love Tekken and realized I really like the Kotobukiya Bishoujo line and picked up a few....  This week I got Asuka rounding me out to 4 now....  They're a little pricey for the older ones though, so I still need Christie and Alisa....  Apparently Christie was the first and she's WAY too expensive online which sucks because she's literally my LEAST favorite female from the game, but I gotta catch em all you know....

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #359 on: March 15, 2014, 02:30:17 pm »
Good trip to the Flea Market today. I wish I had brought more money with me, though. I only pulled out a $20 because I usually don't find much. But today, there was this guy with a ton of video games on all the major systems (NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, PS3, N64, GameCube, Xbox original & 360, Game Boy, DS, etc.) and systems. He said he'd be there every week, from now on. So it looks like I'll now be a flea market regular. So since I didn't have much money, I just bought cheapies from his $5 table today.

Total = $20

And that comic was one I was looking for for a while now! 1st appearance of the "new" looks for Brainiac (robot-skeleton look), and Lex Luthor (Power-Suit Armor). Only a $1, and the bag and board was included!

BTW, the CD, if you wondering, is Tool: Undertow. Great album, especially for only $3!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:32:20 pm by burningdoom »