Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89933 times)

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #420 on: June 18, 2014, 01:41:51 pm »
A metal day at the thrift shop, came across two albums from Children of Bodom and something I super wanted, the deluxe edition of Tenacious D's "Pick of Destiny".  It's sadly missing the higher quality pick that is supposed to come with it, but it does have the tarot-like cards and the poster in a very nice looking box.

Nice! Children of Bodom are so freaking awesome it's mind-melting! Alex Laihto is an absolute beast on guitar.

I can't believe you found them at a thrift store of all places. People that buy Children of Bodom are pretty specific on what they're looking for and what they like. It's not like someone going in a buying the latest Jay-Z album at any old store.

I got Hate Crew Deathroll and Are You Dead Yet?...I just happened to get there after they just put them out I think.  Was hoping there was like a full collection there as I only have one or two albums, but this was good.  Super surprised to find the Tenacious D one though as it was put in the dvd case cause it was a fancier thing with a thick book look almost.

Here's what it looks like.  Really wish I got the pick though, I have the cheaper real pick that came with the regular cd release lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #421 on: June 18, 2014, 01:56:15 pm »
That Tenacious D album is awesome, too.

I loved the opening scene of that movie so much. With Jack Black as a kid performing for his Christian parents (who was freaking Meatloaf!). That was hil-freaking-larious!

« Reply #422 on: June 18, 2014, 02:00:00 pm »
That Tenacious D album is awesome, too.

I loved the opening scene of that movie so much. With Jack Black as a kid performing for his Christian parents (who was freaking Meatloaf!). That was hil-freaking-larious!

It's a favorite movie of mine lol

Warmsignal

« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2014, 11:11:18 pm »

Some albums I've picked up recently.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #424 on: June 23, 2014, 01:15:44 pm »
Been a fan of the series and caved in...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #425 on: June 24, 2014, 08:27:30 am »

I had no idea Glenn's last name was Rhee.. TIL!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #426 on: June 24, 2014, 09:49:27 pm »

Been tempted to grab a couple of those myself.  Still might eventually.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #427 on: June 28, 2014, 02:02:53 pm »
Will eventually try to dive into most of The Lord Of The Rings book series...  For now, I will start with this.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2014, 12:53:20 pm »
Will eventually try to dive into most of The Lord Of The Rings book series...  For now, I will start with this.

You know I never read or watched Lord of the Rings. I should probably get on that.

scott

« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2014, 03:02:38 pm »
Here's a few additions from over the last month or so.

The Refreshments - Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy

April's Motel Room - Black 14

Starship Troopers /A Stranger in a Strange Land and Arabian Knights B&N Hardcovers

AND FINALLY...

RELIC KNIGHTS ARRIVED!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2014, 04:53:05 pm »
The movie is likely going to be awful, but I am still a turtles fan and I need my Leonardo lol

scott

« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2014, 05:00:42 pm »
The movie is likely going to be awful, but I am still a turtles fan and I need my Leonardo lol

Where's your Original Movie version? Those figures were bad ass, wish I had gotten them. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2014, 05:19:42 pm »

Where's your Original Movie version? Those figures were bad ass, wish I had gotten them. :(

I'm still missing that one, I forgot they even had them for the movie till I saw a review of the new Ninja Turtles toy with the movie version.  Never personally owned the movie line turtles.  I need to get that and an official original toy line Leo as that one is actually one of the re-releases they put out a little bit ago.

That little Leo in the back right is the only original turtle I still have, which was from the late 90's I believe, where the turtles had cool clip on dragon armor, but I lost the armor lol

soera

« Reply #433 on: July 09, 2014, 12:58:11 am »
Don > Leo!!  :P

« Reply #434 on: July 09, 2014, 01:27:11 am »
Don > Leo!!  :P

Psshhh, you keep your stick, I'll stay with my swords! lol