Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89945 times)

foxhack

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #510 on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:35 pm »
The VHS tapes are most likely even more censored. :P

Found brand new, managed to convince the seller to take two bucks for it. :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #511 on: September 01, 2014, 07:52:57 pm »
The VHS tapes are most likely even more censored. :P

*sigh* Bootleg it is then

jcalder8

« Reply #512 on: September 02, 2014, 08:22:24 pm »
I picked these up on Sunday:

I used to have similar toys when I was growing up but they were just generic so when I saw these I HAD to buy them.

foxhack

« Reply #513 on: September 02, 2014, 10:05:27 pm »
Mr. Potato Head Transformers.  ???

(They should've been called Head Mashers. Haw.)

jcalder8

« Reply #514 on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:23 am »
Mr. Potato Head Transformers.  ???

(They should've been called Head Mashers. Haw.)
No this was the Mr Potato Head Transformers:

These you swap out body parts. It's a very cool idea :D

tripredacus

« Reply #515 on: September 03, 2014, 02:06:38 pm »
That's the newer one. The first was Optimash Prime.
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/3582/optimash_prime

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #516 on: September 11, 2014, 08:40:21 pm »
More metal thanks to a trade with a fellow member on comiccollectorlive.com:

And does anyone here like a little renaissance faire in their metal? I got the best of album ("Memories of a Time to Come", such a cool name for a best of album) by Blind Guardian, and one of their early albums:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:53:46 pm by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #517 on: September 11, 2014, 09:27:31 pm »
I picked up MGMT's Congratulations CD at Big Lots of all places for $5. Really enjoying the album.

foxhack

« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »
This is from Wednesday, I wasn't able to access Photobucket to upload this then.

Yello - One Second
Vangelis - Portraits
4 películas cómicas y de aventuras con Chanoc
Frontera de Mexicali
Traficantes del Vicio (Sealed)
City Dragon (Sealed)

All of these were a buck each. I'm pretty sure I already have that Vangelis album somewhere but it was in nice shape so I grabbed it.

And those DVDs were found at a booth owned by a guy I really don't like. That Chanoc DVD set? Well, I already had it, but the copy I owned had scratched discs and damaged artwork. This one's mint. The other two Mexican movies, well the first one supposedly takes place in my hometown so I had to grab it. The second one stars Mario Almada, one of Mexico's most famous B-movie action superstars (in some of his roles, he basically plays a badass everyman - think Charles Bronson in the first Death Wish film; in others, he's a police officer, or a drug lord... or worse, eheh). And I already owned City Dragon, but again, sealed copy. Better condition than my old one.

If you're curious about City Dragon, Obscurus Lupa reviewed it a while back.

abe

« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2014, 06:29:04 pm »
Just got Seconds in the mail today. It's a graphic novel written by Bryan Lee O'Malley, the same guy who wrote Scott Pilgrim. Of what I've read so far, I've been enjoying it. It comes in a nice hardcover format too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

thecrypticodor

« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2014, 08:07:30 pm »
More metal thanks to a trade with a fellow member on comiccollectorlive.com:

And does anyone here like a little renaissance faire in their metal? I got the best of album ("Memories of a Time to Come", such a cool name for a best of album) by Blind Guardian, and one of their early albums:

Good picks there. Blind Guardian is indeed awesome. If you're just getting in to them check out Nightfall in Middle earth and Imaginations from the other side their best albums IMO.
Also If you haven't checked out Demons and Wizards yet you definitely should. It's a side project between Blind Guardians lead singer Hansi Kürsch and Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth.

Seventh Son is my favorite Maiden album next to Somewhere in Time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:09:09 pm by thecrypticodor »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2014, 09:48:39 pm »
I daresay Demons and Wizards are even better than Blind Guardian, love them. But it's been far too long since the last album. I think they're a thing of the past, unfortunately. I can't say they're better than Iced Earth, though.

« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2014, 11:10:47 pm »
I daresay Demons and Wizards are even better than Blind Guardian, love them. But it's been far too long since the last album. I think they're a thing of the past, unfortunately. I can't say they're better than Iced Earth, though.

Dystopia is an awesome album, but after Plagues of Babylon, I think I'd be for some new Demon and Wizards lol Really wish Schaffer would let Stu add a little extra vocally to the albums.  He's really one of my newer favorite singers after Into Eternity being amazing, but he's basically been shackled down to the Iced Earth sound and I think let Stu really go at it would freshen things up, especially after Plagues of Babylon being kinda "eh".
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:12:33 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #523 on: September 13, 2014, 12:58:52 am »
Just ordered this trade paperback:

After reading this comic issue that was released this week that I really enjoyed:

I can't wait for it to get here. The single-issue was a great read that really felt like a pulp story. They did a great job with the dialogue, the setting, and the artwork to get a real Pulp-y feel to it.

The Trade Paperback reprints the original 4-issue mini-series from 2009.

« Reply #524 on: September 13, 2014, 11:31:08 pm »
My journey to collect the Dragon Balls has begun!