Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1590732 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10335 on: April 03, 2016, 06:47:38 pm »
It's Slash, Axl, Duff, and some other people.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10336 on: April 03, 2016, 07:17:20 pm »
Okay, so I'm looking through some of my options for pegboard metal shelving, and this one website I come across says this product contains chemicals known to cause cancer, and birth defects. WTF?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10337 on: April 03, 2016, 09:48:07 pm »
Renting out a house is a major PITA
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #10338 on: April 04, 2016, 08:30:53 am »
It might be Monday, but I'm wearing new shoes to help ease the pain!

gf78

« Reply #10339 on: April 04, 2016, 09:08:04 am »
Okay, so I'm looking through some of my options for pegboard metal shelving, and this one website I come across says this product contains chemicals known to cause cancer, and birth defects. WTF?

Hell...that's just about anything these days.  The raincoats they issue to officers here at work have a disclaimer on the package that says "Warning:  Material in this package is known to the state of California to cause cancer."   :o  That's why if it's raining...I get a little wet on my walk from the parking lot to my post.  Rather a little rain fall on me than get cancer from a cheap-ass coat.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10340 on: April 04, 2016, 11:11:53 am »

I need some new work boots, my old pair are trashed!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #10341 on: April 04, 2016, 11:23:56 am »

I need some new work boots, my old pair are trashed!

Do they need to be steel-toed?

gf78

« Reply #10342 on: April 04, 2016, 11:26:09 am »
I laughed so hard this weekend.  I traded some games to a friend who also runs a game store.  He hoards all kinds of stuff.  Just crazy what all he has.  Well, I walked out of his place with a Force FX Darth Vader lightsaber brand-new in box. 

Where does the laughing part come in?  I chased my cat and dogs around the house and yard with it, swinging it while it makes all the lightsaber sounds.  And when I tap one of them on the butt with it, it makes the "Ksshhh!!!" sound from the movies when the blades crossed.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

desocietas

« Reply #10343 on: April 04, 2016, 11:35:49 am »
I laughed so hard this weekend.  I traded some games to a friend who also runs a game store.  He hoards all kinds of stuff.  Just crazy what all he has.  Well, I walked out of his place with a Force FX Darth Vader lightsaber brand-new in box. 

Where does the laughing part come in?  I chased my cat and dogs around the house and yard with it, swinging it while it makes all the lightsaber sounds.  And when I tap one of them on the butt with it, it makes the "Ksshhh!!!" sound from the movies when the blades crossed.   :P

LOL I'm glad your new collection is bringing you so much joy  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #10344 on: April 04, 2016, 11:45:00 am »

LOL I'm glad your new collection is bringing you so much joy  ;D

Thanks!  I actually installed two shelves in my bedroom that sit up pretty high.  One has the iHome Tie Fighter speaker, Pop! Dewback and Sandtrooper pack and the Jabba and Leia Pop! pack.  In front of them, Darth's lightsaber rests on its stand horizontally.  On the other shelf, the back has my sets of collector's metal cards in tins and my iHome Millennium Falcon speaker.  Then across the front is my two-packs (six total) Kotobukiya ArtFX+ Snowtroopers, Stormtroopers and First Order Stormtroopers.  Under one shelf, I have three metal signs/posters from the 1997 rereleases of the original trilogy with Drew Struzan art.  I'm making a cloth poster out of material I bought to go under the other shelf.  It's various blueprints of ships from the Star Wars saga.  My nightstand is home to an alarm clock with Darth Vader leaning on his lightsaber, my Sphero BB8 and the lamp my wife bought me.  It's a Star Wars lamp (duh!) from Bradford Exchange that has a mural on the shade and three lightsabers standing vertical from the base.  They are Luke's blue (Anakin's original), Luke's green and Darth Vader's red.  There is a separate switch on the back of the base to turn the lightsabers on.  It's pretty damn sweet and was a wonderful surprise from my (beyond) understanding wife.   :-*

kashell

« Reply #10345 on: April 04, 2016, 11:52:25 am »

Where does the laughing part come in?  I chased my cat and dogs around the house and yard with it, swinging it while it makes all the lightsaber sounds.  And when I tap one of them on the butt with it, it makes the "Kasshhh!!!" sound from the movies when the blades crossed.   :P

I couldn't resist. XD

I'm always happy to see folks get the enjoyment they deserve from any of their collections.

gf78

« Reply #10346 on: April 04, 2016, 12:00:24 pm »

Where does the laughing part come in?  I chased my cat and dogs around the house and yard with it, swinging it while it makes all the lightsaber sounds.  And when I tap one of them on the butt with it, it makes the "Kasshhh!!!" sound from the movies when the blades crossed.   :P

I couldn't resist. XD

I'm always happy to see folks get the enjoyment they deserve from any of their collections.

LOL...and thanks.  You should really check out the Force FX lightsabers online if you haven't see them.  They are highly detailed, modeled after the original props.  They are made out of metal, plastic, rubber, etc.  Those cheesy things at Walmart don't hold a stick to these.

Another little pickup I got this weekend is a Darth Vader helmet.  I'm trying to find the manufacturer to learn more about it as it was not boxed.  It's on a heavy stand with the imperial emblem on the front.  What sets this apart is that the helmet comes apart in two pieces just like when Luke removes Vader's helmet for him in Return of the Jedi.  That's when it gets interesting.  The inside is completely detailed.  I mean, insanely completely detailed.  The breathing apparatus, wires and all details are present inside.  You can even see out of the eye goggles.  There is even a foam padding along the back edge where it would rest against Anakin's neck.  It is incredibly cool looking and I would love to find out more about it.

rayne315

« Reply #10347 on: April 04, 2016, 12:47:59 pm »

Ouch it doesn't stop at cancer no it decides to give the gift that keeps on giving, Birth defects. You know you got the best product possible when it warns you about birth defects.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #10348 on: April 05, 2016, 08:54:22 am »

Ouch it doesn't stop at cancer no it decides to give the gift that keeps on giving, Birth defects. You know you got the best product possible when it warns you about birth defects.

This reminds me of a documentary called The Human Experiment.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10349 on: April 05, 2016, 11:43:45 am »

This reminds me of a documentary called The Human Experiment.

That sounds familiar.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"