Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1590775 times)

PlayerC90

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10380 on: April 08, 2016, 11:30:00 am »
http://toucharcade.com/2016/04/08/romancing-saga-2-is-getting-a-worldwide-release/

To quote Janice from Friends, "Oh. My. God!"

This is wonderful news!!

Awesome news! Unlike the FF remakes for mobile this one does actually look good.

Also, it's unfortunate, but after this and Project Setsuna I'm not expecting any Vita game by Square making the jump at this point... who knows, maybe RS2 will release on Steam some day.

Edit: Although I wonder what'll happen to the new SaGa game, maybe a PS4 port?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:36:23 am by PlayerC90 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #10381 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:54 am »
April snow? This is a sick joke.  :'(

kashell

« Reply #10382 on: April 08, 2016, 12:02:05 pm »
http://toucharcade.com/2016/04/08/romancing-saga-2-is-getting-a-worldwide-release/

This is wonderful news!!

Awesome news! Unlike the FF remakes for mobile this one does actually look good.

Also, it's unfortunate, but after this and Project Setsuna I'm not expecting any Vita game by Square making the jump at this point... who knows, maybe RS2 will release on Steam some day.

Do you mean SaGa Scarlet Grace or Emperor's SaGa? I'm curious about those, too. I haven't heard any news about them in quite some time.

desocietas

« Reply #10383 on: April 08, 2016, 12:37:19 pm »
Speaking of mobile, anyone trying Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10384 on: April 08, 2016, 01:28:37 pm »
April snow? This is a sick joke.  :'(

you think that is bad, I was at the angel game and we had a light shower for  innings!

Some water even landed on me! ;)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10385 on: April 08, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »

Just installed it at work. Planning on playing on my train ride later. Whats it like? Crazy that a mobile game is cannon and presents new story...

PlayerC90

« Reply #10386 on: April 08, 2016, 01:38:17 pm »

This is wonderful news!!

Do you mean SaGa Scarlet Grace or Emperor's SaGa? I'm curious about those, too. I haven't heard any news about them in quite some time.

I meant Scarlet Grace, but yeah, I wouldn't mind hearing something new about either of them.

kashell

« Reply #10387 on: April 08, 2016, 01:45:36 pm »
Emperor's SaGa is supposedly a trading card game. If that's true, then I won't be too bent out of shape if we miss out on that.

Have you played Legend of Legacy? It's basically a SaGa game with a different (and awful) title. It's really enjoyable.

desocietas

« Reply #10388 on: April 08, 2016, 02:20:32 pm »

Just installed it at work. Planning on playing on my train ride later. Whats it like? Crazy that a mobile game is cannon and presents new story...

I know, right? They have the game geared towards each quest being very quick and easy to play and incentivize defeating the enemies in one round (before the enemy has a chance to strike). They have you in tutorial for a short bit but don't explain other things like partying up with other players (?), so at this point I'm just leveling up medals and buying silly clothes.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #10389 on: April 08, 2016, 02:26:12 pm »
I've joined the mobile bandwagon and started playing Tales of Link.

It's the furthest thing from a Tales of title, but I will admit that the writing and level of customization is impressive for something on a mobile platform. I doubt I'll complete it or sink a bunch of hours into it, but a free Tales of title is never a bad thing.

maximo310

« Reply #10390 on: April 08, 2016, 02:52:26 pm »
Emperor's SaGa is supposedly a trading card game. If that's true, then I won't be too bent out of shape if we miss out on that.

Have you played Legend of Legacy? It's basically a SaGa game with a different (and awful) title. It's really enjoyable.
Did you hear about the news of the Romancing Saga 2 remake being released worldwide w/ a English translation? It's only happening on IOS/Android right now, but this means too that in the future, its also a possibility that someone can use those files and patch the Japanese Vita version as well!

kashell

« Reply #10391 on: April 08, 2016, 03:17:50 pm »

Did you hear about the news of the Romancing Saga 2 remake being released worldwide w/ a English translation? It's only happening on IOS/Android right now, but this means too that in the future, its also a possibility that someone can use those files and patch the Japanese Vita version as well!

Check back a few posts.

Just playin'. I'm really excited about it. RS2 needs more love.

maximo310

« Reply #10392 on: April 08, 2016, 03:26:06 pm »

Check back a few posts.

Just playin'. I'm really excited about it. RS2 needs more love.
Oh just realized what happened back there. But i'm still excited about this and I can't wait to hear more news about it soon.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10393 on: April 08, 2016, 04:52:18 pm »
Do all of the Romancing games play similarly?

I've only played Romancing Saga on PS2.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10394 on: April 08, 2016, 05:07:13 pm »
Sorry to blow up everyone's feed that follows me.  I had to do a little housekeeping with the collection.  I'm been putting that off for a while.