Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601348 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11490 on: June 29, 2016, 01:01:38 pm »
Stupid eBay!

I bought some shoes off of eBay. I got a notice today saying I have to pay the post office $9.31 in postage.

So I sent a photo of it to the seller, and requested a $9.31 refund to cover it.

First, the seller tells me that I need to argue with the post office about it because he knows he calculated it right. I send a response, with the pic again, stating that the notice clearly says $9.31, and that I already paid him a postage fee when I paid for the item. He says he'll split the difference and give me $4 and some change, because he doesn't want to give me the shoes for $10. Of course, I'm not okay with that. Then he suggests to send the shoes back to him and he'll give me a refund once he gets them. Again, not okay with that. Why should I pay the shipping cost to get him back the shoes, and I damn sure don't trust him at this point, so who's to say I'll get the refund once he has them?

So I call eBay support. I tell them everything. They tell me to message him one more time, asking for the partial refund again and telling him that I contacted them. The reply I get from the seller is, "I'll wait for eBay to message me."

As if that wasn't frustrating enough, when I call back eBay to tell them how it went, the first guy never put ANYTHING on my account that I ever called! So now I'm looking like I was full of shit.  >:(

OMG, I just lost the case. He gets his shoes back, because I already refused to pay the extra $10 in shipping charges to the post office, and I don't get a refund for the shoes either.

WTF?!

rayne315

« Reply #11491 on: June 29, 2016, 01:05:34 pm »
Stupid eBay!

I bought some shoes off of eBay. I got a notice today saying I have to pay the post office $9.31 in postage.

So I sent a photo of it to the seller, and requested a $9.31 refund to cover it.

First, the seller tells me that I need to argue with the post office about it because he knows he calculated it right. I send a response, with the pic again, stating that the notice clearly says $9.31, and that I already paid him a postage fee when I paid for the item. He says he'll split the difference and give me $4 and some change, because he doesn't want to give me the shoes for $10. Of course, I'm not okay with that. Then he suggests to send the shoes back to him and he'll give me a refund once he gets them. Again, not okay with that. Why should I pay the shipping cost to get him back the shoes, and I damn sure don't trust him at this point, so who's to say I'll get the refund once he has them?

So I call eBay support. I tell them everything. They tell me to message him one more time, asking for the partial refund again and telling him that I contacted them. The reply I get from the seller is, "I'll wait for eBay to message me."

As if that wasn't frustrating enough, when I call back eBay to tell them how it went, the first guy never put ANYTHING on my account that I ever called! So now I'm looking like I was full of shit.  >:(

OMG, I just lost the case. He gets his shoes back, because I already refused to pay the extra $10 in shipping charges to the post office, and I don't get a refund for the shoes either.

WTF?!

That's fucking retarded. sorry to hear your having a bad go at ebay.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

« Reply #11492 on: June 29, 2016, 01:14:10 pm »
Stupid eBay!

WTF?!
Well that is some Class A BS. Sorry to hear that dood, usually Ebay favors the buyer.

rayne315

« Reply #11493 on: June 29, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »
keep arguing that shit. send e-bay the photo of the $9 charge or tell them to get ahold of your first contact in the case. btw their call system can keep track of where it connected you so if they say they cant its a bs lie. I have a friend that works as a manager at a call center that occasionally has to trace past calls.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:47:08 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #11494 on: June 29, 2016, 01:56:52 pm »
Okay, just found out that a game I bought on my trip to PA, doesn't even work at all! The folks that sold me this, I would definitely never buy from them again... taking totally untested games to a convention and charging hefty prices for them. That's pretty cruddy. I'm trying to track down who the seller was, and if I can find out, I'm gonna demand they make this right.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11495 on: June 29, 2016, 02:00:45 pm »
I called eBay back. They said they can't see the pics I sent him of the notice because it was sent through the message system before I opened a case (and you can't upload pics to a case), and the delivery confirmation shows it was delivered (it wasn't, it's at the post office).

So the next guy I called emailed me a documentation uploader. And I just uploaded a pic of the shipping charge notice. He said he'd reopen the case and give me a refund when he gets that.

Fingers crossed.

kashell

« Reply #11496 on: June 29, 2016, 03:57:30 pm »
I wanted to check to see if Star Ocean V arrived yet, and this was the latest status update on the UPS website:

"Your UPS SurePost® package was transferred to the wrong post office. It is being corrected."

For crying out loud...just deliver me my god damn game. I don't ask for much. Am I overreacting? Of course not.

rayne315

« Reply #11497 on: June 29, 2016, 04:01:53 pm »
geez sounds like everyone is having a bad day...

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #11498 on: June 29, 2016, 04:36:39 pm »
Bad days get worse... I'm a very mild mannered driver, but when I hear someone cursing me from their car when they're clearly in the wrong, just stalling behind me and jabbering to someone on the sidewalk while I wait for them to move.... man, THAT really got under my skin. Took everything I had to not jump out of my car and confront them. Just let my horn and my finger do the talking back.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:39:08 pm by Warmsignal »

soera

« Reply #11499 on: June 29, 2016, 06:26:04 pm »
I wanted to check to see if Star Ocean V arrived yet, and this was the latest status update on the UPS website:

"Your UPS SurePost® package was transferred to the wrong post office. It is being corrected."

For crying out loud...just deliver me my god damn game. I don't ask for much. Am I overreacting? Of course not.

SurePost is the most useless thing ever. Im so damned glad that SE didnt use it for my Star Ocean this time. I bought something from them before when they decided to use SurePost and it ended up like 4-5 days later after the original date with me having to drive to the post office a couple times to get everything sorted.

desocietas

« Reply #11500 on: June 29, 2016, 08:33:17 pm »

Ugh, I'm so sorry.  I haven't played Star Ocean V yet because I buy faster than I can play  :-[

So right now it's just looking pretty on my shelf. They packaged mine with just brown paper inside a cardboard box, so I wouldn't recommend shaking it too much. But at least they sealed the game in plastic wrap, so it shouldn't get scuffed up or anything.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11501 on: June 30, 2016, 08:10:46 am »
I never even heard of Sure Post. But I doubt I'll ever order from Square's store again if this is what they do to send their things. I'll see what happens today. Otherwise it'll be time to start making a few calls.

Sure Post? More like Unsure Post. SLAM!!

gf78

« Reply #11502 on: June 30, 2016, 09:50:58 am »
I never even heard of Sure Post. But I doubt I'll ever order from Square's store again if this is what they do to send their things. I'll see what happens today. Otherwise it'll be time to start making a few calls.

Sure Post? More like Unsure Post. SLAM!!

It's a friggin' joke.  It seems to me to be a way for all the shipping services to get in cahoots and fuck shit up worse than it already is.  But they may be doing you a favor if the reviews I have been seeing for the new Star Ocean are as bad as the reviewers make it out to be.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11503 on: June 30, 2016, 10:15:40 am »
So I stopped in my local Gamestop because the website said they had a few games I've been looking for, hoping they had complete copies (they didn't), and now I've got a "fun" Gamestop story.

So there was this lady and her kid in the store, she was being kind of rude and belligerent, but I had a feeling it was because of something the employees did.  I'm not sure what happened or what went on before I got in the store, but I walked in and immediately got in line behind 2 other people.  She made some comment to one of the employees asking for assistance or something and, who I assume is an assistant manager, told her to get in line.  This is fine by me, but she had been standing at the counter before I got in the store.  Side story, her kid is walking around the store (mostly Wii, Wii U, 3DS) and sneezing all over everything.  So she gets up to the counter to finally deal with her issue.  Apparently she bought a $20 DS game for her kid, and used a 20% off coupon paid with Powerup Rewards points ($16).  Well the game doesn't work, so she wanted to exchange it for a working copy.  Well the story didn't have any other copies of the game, which is where the shenanigans come in.  And I know this is shenanigans because I used to work at Gamestop and I know how their PoS system works.  So the lady asked about returning it and getting her money and the coupon back.  They told her they can't refund the coupon and the system has no way of returning the spent reward points back to your account.  This I believe is true.  So she asked if she could swap it for another game that is the same price.  They told her that she can't do that either, since she used a 20% coupon she can only swap it for a product that is $15 (which isn't 20% off of $20 if you don't understand math).  This is bullshit, because I know for a fact that you can price mod an item and mark why you modified the price, and this is definitely something you wouldn't get in trouble for. So basically they screwed her over for no good reason.  You could maybe blame that on her attitude, but I decided to kind of test the waters with these guys.  I asked them if they could check if another store had a copy of a game and they out right refused to do so, making different excuses.

gf78

« Reply #11504 on: June 30, 2016, 10:22:59 am »
Last night after work, grilling some steak, talking with the family and relaxing, I thought I would cap my evening off with a little bit of Halo 5.  Turned the 'bone on, fired up Halo and guess what?  Mandatory 7.5 gig update!   ::)  I swear to all that is holy that every time I try to play this friggin' game it has some mandatory update! 

Then I don't know what the hell the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker whatever pack did.  It installed, but then had five or six separate characters in the "que" pending install.  They just sat there for a couple days.  So I tried to cancel them and restart them.  No go.  Spinal was one of the characters pending an install, but I played with him when I fired the game up.   :-\  I finally just deleted them from the download que. 

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us