Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599151 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11520 on: June 30, 2016, 01:33:16 pm »
i'm starting to get really anxious about this grand kingdom grand edition not being here
it's still at a sorting facility 36 hrs later and nine times out of ten that is a huge fucking red flag in my experience.
i have no idea who to contact, i doubt nisa would ship another and i just want the game. i want my game (and the goodies inside) more than a refund

but i'm kinda losing hope at this point.

super worried too that even IF it comes, it's going to come damaged. this situation is really shitty. it's affecting my sleep a lot even, but meh, i have general anxiety so whatever, i get anxious over small things
i already emailed nisa yesterday, but i didn't expect a response til later today at the earliest since small company. i called USPS yesterday and they said maybe this weekend. but it was supposed to be 2-day shipping and it was shipped 3 days ago and it's not left texas.
please tell me SOMEONE has experience with this because mine is relatively limited. the only time i've not gotten tracking updates for so long is when items ship from asia, no joke.
It's in USPS's policy that 2-Day shipping does not guarantee 2-day delivery, it even says 2-day can take up to 2 weeks.

You can try and call directly to the shipping center that has your item.

rayne315

« Reply #11521 on: June 30, 2016, 01:40:40 pm »
^ That is odd. That has never happened to me once while I was in the middle of a game, and I own that very game. It's only happened when I go to start a game. I'd wonder if your system glitched, or something.
Don't be daft, pal.  I just explained that I contacted support and that it is a feature of the system.

But for you, I'll explain the feature.  If while playing a game, a patch is released for a title, when the system does a check for title updates, it will shut down the game and apply the patch.  This is because the system is designed to be always on and always connected, so it will shut off and update your game rather than set you offline like the 360 would do.

This specific "feature" is a feature based on timing, you'll never notice this specific feature if you aren't playing a game WHILE a patch is released.

I hope the bold line wasn't a short tempered response. burningdoom was creating conversation as he had never experienced it before. he was not calling you a liar or anything like that.

Im trying to keep non-constructive arguments down so if it was please compose yourself.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:43:22 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #11522 on: June 30, 2016, 01:44:20 pm »
^ That is odd. That has never happened to me once while I was in the middle of a game, and I own that very game. It's only happened when I go to start a game. I'd wonder if your system glitched, or something.
Don't be daft, pal.  I just explained that I contacted support and that it is a feature of the system.

But for you, I'll explain the feature.  If while playing a game, a patch is released for a title, when the system does a check for title updates, it will shut down the game and apply the patch.  This is because the system is designed to be always on and always connected, so it will shut off and update your game rather than set you offline like the 360 would do.

This specific "feature" is a feature based on timing, you'll never notice this specific feature if you aren't playing a game WHILE a patch is released.

I hope the bold line wasn't a short tempered response. burningdoom was creating conversation as he had never experienced it before. he was not calling you a liar or anything like that.

Im trying to keep non-constructive arguments down so if it was please compose yourself.
I thought the use of the word daft was enough to convey the tone.

Daft means silly.

gf78

« Reply #11523 on: June 30, 2016, 01:46:49 pm »
i'm starting to get really anxious about this grand kingdom grand edition not being here
it's still at a sorting facility 36 hrs later and nine times out of ten that is a huge fucking red flag in my experience.
i have no idea who to contact, i doubt nisa would ship another and i just want the game. i want my game (and the goodies inside) more than a refund

super worried too that even IF it comes, it's going to come damaged. this situation is really shitty. it's affecting my sleep a lot even, but meh, i have general anxiety so whatever, i get anxious over small things
i already emailed nisa yesterday, but i didn't expect a response til later today at the earliest since small company. i called USPS yesterday and they said maybe this weekend. but it was supposed to be 2-day shipping and it was shipped 3 days ago and it's not left texas (no less a sorting facility there...).
please tell me SOMEONE has experience with this because mine is relatively limited. the only time i've not gotten tracking updates for so long is when items ship from asia, no joke.

I understand your anxiety about it as I also have an anxiety disorder, I'm impatient and stuff like this pisses me off.  I've had packages get stuck at a sorting center for an extra couple of days before.  Most of the time, they arrived late but just fine.  It is even entirely possible that the package was misdirected from that sorting center to someplace half-way across the damn country and they just haven't updated the tracking info.  If it's USPS, they are notoriously shitty about updating tracking info. 

Give it a couple more days. You may want to call the USPS hotline and ask for them to put a trace on it.  Again, complete crapshoot with the postal service, but I have seen packages "miraculously" leave wherever they have been sitting and get underway for delivery.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #11524 on: June 30, 2016, 01:49:47 pm »
I thought the use of the word daft was enough to convey the tone.

Daft means silly.

must just be different locations then lol.

Where I live daft means dumb. carry on
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #11525 on: June 30, 2016, 01:53:41 pm »
Like, not taking part in non-constructive arguments?  Or like, stopping other people from having non-constructive arguments?  Maybe your statement is just worded weirdly.

Either way, if that was an argument, I think it was quite constructive.  I explained the feature and I explained that I already stated that it was a feature and not a glitch.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11526 on: June 30, 2016, 01:57:14 pm »
Thanks for jumping to my defense, guys. You do like me.

I always thought daft meant stupid, too.

But he's right, here's the definition:

daft
daft/Submit
adjectiveinformal
silly; foolish.
"don't ask such daft questions"
synonyms:   absurd, preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable; More
infatuated with.
"we were all daft about him"

gf78

« Reply #11527 on: June 30, 2016, 01:59:27 pm »
I think Don Mattrick and his cronies royally botched the software on the 'bone among other royal screw-ups.  They wanted to shoehorn the crappy Windows "metro" interface into the box so bad, they put two separate operating systems in it.  When that caused issues, they created a third operating system to act as a go-between to make the first two talk & play nice with each other.  So now you have this giant, bloated Frankenstein monster of an operating system running at all times, eating up resources, etc.  It's no wonder that developers have a harder time getting performance and resolution gains out of the Xbox One than they do with the PS4. 

In any event, I find the criticisms leveled against the PS4 dashboard by Xbox fans quite hypocritical given that you have to scroll down, select the games box, then scroll horizontally through your games list to find the game you want.  As was pointed out and I believe it's probably correct, the games are in alphabetical order.  But you have all the extra steps of scrolling down, selecting a box then scrolling right to get to the game you want.  With the PS4, the games are front & center and your most recently played games are at the start of the list.  As it should be since your console is primarily for gaming.

But in the end and regardless of all my bitching, the system was free and it does have exclusive games I wouldn't otherwise get to play.  The aforementioned Halo games, Gears of War games, Rare Replay and Quantum Break.  Oh, and Ori and the Blind Forest which my dumb ass hasn't installed yet!  So I'll put up with the annoyances.  But man, it would suck if that was my only gaming system!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11528 on: June 30, 2016, 02:02:20 pm »
blahblahblah... Don Mattrick is a tool.
The interface used to be different on the X1, it used to be much simpler.

I wanna say it was extremely similar to the current 360 dashboard.

This new ugly dashboard just came into existence with the BC updates.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:04:19 pm by ignition365 »

desocietas

« Reply #11529 on: June 30, 2016, 02:17:51 pm »
I started playing Zero Time Dilemma on Tuesday when I got it and holy carp is that game addicting! I'm at work and can only think of playing it. I'm actually afraid I'll neglect my chores this weekend, I'll have to lock up my Vita somewhere until my place is sparkling clean  :o

I'm glad you're enjoying the series, too! I'm playing through 999 again to get all the endings, and I still need to play the second volume. There's a huge delay with the physical edition that came with a watch bonus, but Amazon is giving me $10 back, so I'm not too concerned. I also heard that the Vita version is unable to be played on PSTV and needs to be patched. Poor Aksys - not the best launch for them.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11530 on: June 30, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »
I started playing Zero Time Dilemma on Tuesday when I got it and holy carp is that game addicting! I'm at work and can only think of playing it. I'm actually afraid I'll neglect my chores this weekend, I'll have to lock up my Vita somewhere until my place is sparkling clean  :o

I'm glad you're enjoying the series, too! I'm playing through 999 again to get all the endings, and I still need to play the second volume. There's a huge delay with the physical edition that came with a watch bonus, but Amazon is giving me $10 back, so I'm not too concerned. I also heard that the Vita version is unable to be played on PSTV and needs to be patched. Poor Aksys - not the best launch for them.

My game arrived yesterday, but I haven't started playing it yet. I'm glad Lady K and you are digging this awesome series. I never thought that I'd see the day that we'd get a third game. I haven't tried it yet, but with all of the traveling I'll be doing this weekend it will get played something fierce.

My watch hasn't arrived, either. I emailed Game Stop seeing if they could give us a credit for our "troubles." We'll see. All I know is that this is the second time this has happened with Aksys. I love the work that they do, but they just seem so unorganized.

desocietas

« Reply #11531 on: June 30, 2016, 02:32:21 pm »

My game arrived yesterday, but I haven't started playing it yet. I'm glad Lady K and you are digging this awesome series. I never thought that I'd see the day that we'd get a third game. I haven't tried it yet, but with all of the traveling I'll be doing this weekend it will get played something fierce.

My watch hasn't arrived, either. I emailed Game Stop seeing if they could give us a credit for our "troubles." We'll see. All I know is that this is the second time this has happened with Aksys. I love the work that they do, but they just seem so unorganized.

Yeah, unfortunately it affects both Amazon and GameStop. I wasn't sure how GS was handling it, but Amazon was causing a lot of confusion, threatening to cancel (and maybe actually cancelling) some orders for people or telling them ship dates of things like August. My current ETA is July 7, and I'm not in any hurry. The $10 back is nice, so I can't complain. It's also possible that Amazon may ship the watch separately, but I can see that posing more problems than just delaying the shipment of the game for the sake of sending them together.

Apparently the watches (from the watch makers) were damaged in transit, and they had to get sent back. The stock they had that weren't damaged our going out to help replenish the need, but it's definitely set them back. They're also hoping to have some on hand at AX this weekend, so that's also putting them in a bind.  I know it's not really they're fault, but I'm surprised they didn't have the watches set to go earlier in case any quality checks or whatever needed to happen after production.

The big thing I'm hearing is that there could be spoilers and such on the internet, so be careful. Someone had uploaded a ROM already of the game, and playthroughs are already up on YT.  I feel like you'd have to search for that stuff to get spoiled, but just a heads up nonetheless.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:33:58 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11532 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:16 pm »
Thanks for the heads up and the update. I haven't seen anyone spoiling the game yet, but the moment I see something suspicious I'll duck away.

necrosexual

« Reply #11533 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:56 pm »

i already emailed nisa yesterday, but i didn't expect a response til later today at the earliest since small company. i called USPS yesterday and they said maybe this weekend. but it was supposed to be 2-day shipping and it was shipped 3 days ago and it's not left texas.
It's in USPS's policy that 2-Day shipping does not guarantee 2-day delivery, it even says 2-day can take up to 2 weeks.

You can try and call directly to the shipping center that has your item.

i already emailed nisa yesterday, but i didn't expect a response til later today at the earliest since small company. i called USPS yesterday and they said maybe this weekend. but it was supposed to be 2-day shipping and it was shipped 3 days ago and it's not left texas (no less a sorting facility there...).

I understand your anxiety about it as I also have an anxiety disorder, I'm impatient and stuff like this pisses me off.  I've had packages get stuck at a sorting center for an extra couple of days before.  Most of the time, they arrived late but just fine.  It is even entirely possible that the package was misdirected from that sorting center to someplace half-way across the damn country and they just haven't updated the tracking info.  If it's USPS, they are notoriously shitty about updating tracking info. 

Give it a couple more days. You may want to call the USPS hotline and ask for them to put a trace on it.  Again, complete crapshoot with the postal service, but I have seen packages "miraculously" leave wherever they have been sitting and get underway for delivery.

that's relieving

i had already planned on making a call monday if i don't get a change in info over the weekend, i guess i feel more comfortable doing that
don't wanna bother them if it's just being held up but y'know

i don't have enough experience with this, i usually really only buy stuff retail or through finding it in thrift stores, so that's why i asked here, figuring you guys would have more experience
thanks))

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

karyann

« Reply #11534 on: June 30, 2016, 02:55:12 pm »
I'm being very careful not to even look at the trophy list, I really want to enjoy the game spoiler free if possible! In Canada we couldn't pre-order the special edition with the watch, so I was able to order through Gamestop.com. But my credit card has been renewed since the pre-order and I can't update my information on their website, so they just cancelled my order  >:( I wrote to customer support and have yet to get an answer 48 hours later. I hate Gamestop/EBGames/whatever with all my soul.