Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597088 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11550 on: July 01, 2016, 10:14:15 am »
I brought my BC PS3, GAEMS, PSOne w/LCD screen, and a handful of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games with us to my parents house.

They have a tiny TV (about the size of the screen of the GAEMS) in the guest bedroom, but the PS3 won't display on it.  Has anyone else had an issue with a PS3 not displaying on a TV?  I can only figure the TV doesn't support a resolution so high or the PS3 can't do a resolution so low or something, but I've never seen that before.  It's like a 15 inch monitor or something.

Ohhhhhhhh, and I broke 1000 posts.  Coooooooooool.

rayne315

« Reply #11551 on: July 01, 2016, 10:22:24 am »
I brought my BC PS3, GAEMS, PSOne w/LCD screen, and a handful of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games with us to my parents house.

They have a tiny TV (about the size of the screen of the GAEMS) in the guest bedroom, but the PS3 won't display on it.  Has anyone else had an issue with a PS3 not displaying on a TV?  I can only figure the TV doesn't support a resolution so high or the PS3 can't do a resolution so low or something, but I've never seen that before.  It's like a 15 inch monitor or something.

If you took your ps3 from a hdmi connection at home to a component connection there that will be causing the issue and requires you to hold the on button (power button) for like 5-10 seconds on system startup to display. my ps3 works on a 4"/6" travel tv so it should work on whatever you have
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #11552 on: July 01, 2016, 10:24:40 am »
If you took your ps3 from a hdmi connection at home to a component connection there that will be causing the issue and requires you to hold the on button (power button) for like 5-10 seconds on system startup to display. my ps3 works on a 4"/6" travel tv so it should work on whatever you have
No, HDMI on both.  The TV says "Mode not supported" when I plug in the PS3.

rayne315

« Reply #11553 on: July 01, 2016, 10:49:40 am »
No, HDMI on both.  The TV says "Mode not supported" when I plug in the PS3.

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-104495-ps3-not-supported

Says to hold the power button on startup for the 5 seconds so the ps3 will search for the optimal display for the tv itself
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11554 on: July 01, 2016, 11:40:44 am »

ive had my ps3 work on a small tv before. i use to bring my ps3 to a friends house and we would game side to side during the mw2 days. but i wasnt using hdmi at the time.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11555 on: July 01, 2016, 11:47:11 am »
I have today through Tuesday off. Unfortunately, I'll be away from the PS4 which means I'll be away from Star Ocean V. I have to give a shout out to all of the haters out there: it's awesome, sorry 'bout it.

On the other hand, I'll have my 3DS the entire weekend so I'll be able to finish Robo Kirby and get a good ways into The World Ends With You and Zero Time Dilemma. Hopefully everyone has a great weekend! I'll be away from this lovely site, so that means I'll have lots of reading to do when I get back.

telly

« Reply #11556 on: July 01, 2016, 12:10:22 pm »

Nice man, I'm not that far behind you!   :D
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #11557 on: July 01, 2016, 03:32:56 pm »
I have today through Tuesday off. Unfortunately, I'll be away from the PS4 which means I'll be away from Star Ocean V. I have to give a shout out to all of the haters out there: it's awesome, sorry 'bout it.

On the other hand, I'll have my 3DS the entire weekend so I'll be able to finish Robo Kirby and get a good ways into The World Ends With You and Zero Time Dilemma. Hopefully everyone has a great weekend! I'll be away from this lovely site, so that means I'll have lots of reading to do when I get back.

Have a great weekend away! I'm glad you're enjoying SOV - I look forward to playing it when I get to it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #11558 on: July 01, 2016, 03:42:42 pm »
Well, I'm probably out of here until Tuesday when I have to return to work.   :'(  I hope everyone has a safe, fun & happy Independence Day weekend regardless of where you live.  I finished up Halo 5 last night and will be diving into the multiplayer a bit more.  I think it's high time I pop Ori and the Blind Forest in for a go as well!   ;)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

maximo310

« Reply #11559 on: July 02, 2016, 01:13:14 am »
Decided to go to AX this year in downtown LA for all 4 days. So far, I'm pretty impressed with most of the panels and the amount of booths/goodies, although the crowd control and line setup is a huge problem.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11560 on: July 02, 2016, 02:47:34 am »
So similar to ignition's problem, I had a strange problem with my Wii U last night.

I went to hook-up my Wii U in our bedroom, which has an old Sony CRT-TV in there, and I used the original Wii A/V cables to hook it up. And no picture. I used the same set-up before on another CRT-TV I have, and it worked fine, but for whatever reason, not on this TV. I have no idea why, because I just was using my PS2 on the very same TV.  I double-checked all the connections, and tried both Video Input and Channel 3 & 4.

So I ended up settling for my original Wii, which worked fine using the same exact cord. The whole reason I wanted it in there was Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube; so the original Wii worked fine for that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:39:34 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11561 on: July 02, 2016, 02:49:08 am »
Oh, and if anyone was curious:

After going through 3 eBay representatives and a supervisor, I finally got my refund for the shoes.

I promptly bought shoes, at the store, today. Because screw going through that again. Black, low-cut DCs.

necrosexual

« Reply #11562 on: July 02, 2016, 03:32:38 am »
on the other hand it finally updated and hit my town, so tbh, it should be here by saturday, i hope.
if not today.

FINALLY got a tracking update, so much relief.

If it's anything like my postal deliveries, once they hit the local post office and up until about 8:00AM, items will be delivered before the end of that day.  Glad to hear the tracking finally updated. 

ayyeee i got it today))
hoping for a good day off to start, i hear it's pretty in-depth and has a learning curve.

the goodies are all great though, no damage.
so much relief.
anxiety is a bitch and it's ridiculous

edit: actually, i just realised and am slamming my head now for not asking before now. i might hit up gamefaqs if no one knows but
does grand kingdom have any 'mandatory' day one patches? obvs it'll play but i mean, were any game-breaking bugs patched out? because if so, i'm going to be waiting about a month to tackle the game, which sucks, but ps4 and all.
not having a good internet connection sucks as a modern gamer. 0/10 do not recommend.

but yeah, i'll go look into it via google or w/e later but i figure i could ask and be lazy too LOL
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:38:53 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11563 on: July 02, 2016, 11:40:26 am »
A little birdy told me its someones bday today.....  8)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #11564 on: July 02, 2016, 01:40:14 pm »
So my computer died, and I lost about 5 years worth of pictures and important stuff, because I'm too stupid to back up my files. Even though I have plenty of extra storage to do so, and plenty of warning signs it was going to happen.

I'm actually considering sending off to a data recovery center, which may cost hundreds, maybe a thousand dollars. It's really lame. I'm tired of this always happening. I'm going to start backing the bulk of files up onto blue ray discs for safe keeping. Hard drives are far too temporary.