Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598806 times)

PlayerC90

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12045 on: September 09, 2016, 05:00:20 pm »
I was thinking about cinderblock Game Boy games I used to play and remembered having a good time with a little puzzle game called Kirby's Star Stacker. I thought I would check to see if I could get myself a copy since I'll be doing some traveling soon. And of course, the prices for a complete copy are in the high hundreds.

Seriously, **** people. I am about to figure out a way to jump through the Internet and smack these folks for charging these prices. Hell, half of them don't even include a manual or box.

*quietly storms off*

Is it on Kirby's Dream Collection, by chance?
No.

Well damn.

Yeah, the Dream Collection only has the traditional Kirby titles so spin-offs like Pinball Land and Block Ball aren't included.

It's a real shame, too. Star Stacker is the perfect pick-up and play puzzler. You can play few levels and kill some time while you wait. *sigh*

It's on 3DS Virtual Console, if that is an alternative for you. Yeah I know, digital games, but better than paying an ungodly amount of money for it IMO.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12046 on: September 09, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »
I was thinking about cinderblock Game Boy games I used to play and remembered having a good time with a little puzzle game called Kirby's Star Stacker. I thought I would check to see if I could get myself a copy since I'll be doing some traveling soon. And of course, the prices for a complete copy are in the high hundreds.

Seriously, **** people. I am about to figure out a way to jump through the Internet and smack these folks for charging these prices. Hell, half of them don't even include a manual or box.

*quietly storms off*

No.

Well damn.

Yeah, the Dream Collection only has the traditional Kirby titles so spin-offs like Pinball Land and Block Ball aren't included.

It's a real shame, too. Star Stacker is the perfect pick-up and play puzzler. You can play few levels and kill some time while you wait. *sigh*

It's on 3DS Virtual Console, if that is an alternative for you. Yeah I know, digital games, but better than paying an ungodly amount of money for it IMO.

Yep, that's how I got the SNES version of Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG.

karyann

« Reply #12047 on: September 11, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »
I was trying to keep up with the thread (an impossible task  :o ) and boy do we love arguing about the weather over here  ;)

I'm just glad that the temperature is so nice currently, over here anyway!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12048 on: September 11, 2016, 08:57:21 pm »
its official, I wanna move to Ash fork, AZ. i didnt even wanna come back today to California
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #12049 on: September 12, 2016, 10:28:46 am »

*quietly storms off*

No.

Well damn.

I didn't realize it was on the 3DS VC, that's good to know. Thanks for the tip. It's not my favorite way of playing old games, but the price for it won't be going down any time soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12050 on: September 13, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »
Anyone else remember these? They were trading cards that used to come free inside of Nintendo Power Magazines. I used to have a bunch of these as a kid. I really wish I would have held on to them, they're really cool and would be nice addition to the comic cards from the 90s that I did hang on to.

These aren't mine, BTW. Google image search.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12051 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »

I had them all.  I put them in a binder with baseball/basketball cards.  They were awesome.
Anyone else remember these? They were trading cards that used to come free inside of Nintendo Power Magazines. I used to have a bunch of these as a kid. I really wish I would have held on to them, they're really cool and would be nice addition to the comic cards from the 90s that I did hang on to.

These aren't mine, BTW. Google image search.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12052 on: September 13, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »
I remember trying to put some in card binder pages, but they were slightly bigger than normal trading cards, and I didn't want to damage the edges. But it was a LONG time ago, I could be getting them mixed-up with something else.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12053 on: September 13, 2016, 06:26:38 pm »

X-Men: Beats of Rage (Dreamcast)

Anyone here ever heard of this, or more importantly played it? How is it?

It looks like a gorgeous 2D beat-em up. And it's a homebrew. I'm hoping I can find a copy online and burn it.

kashell

« Reply #12054 on: September 14, 2016, 08:50:29 am »
To bring my MeiQ mouse pad to work, or to not bring my MeiQ mouse pad to work...

That is the question.

azure

« Reply #12055 on: September 14, 2016, 11:02:23 am »
To bring my MeiQ mouse pad to work, or to not bring my MeiQ mouse pad to work...

That is the question.

Armrests are very important in extensive work sessions.

kashell

« Reply #12056 on: September 14, 2016, 11:15:27 am »

That is the question.

Armrests are very important in extensive work sessions.

Yes, they certainly are! I'm just wondering if any of the old fogies will get offended by it. If they do, I could say that it's the doctor's orders.

soera

« Reply #12057 on: September 14, 2016, 12:35:37 pm »
I will send you my amazing oversized mouse pad and you can send me that boring one you have  ::) :P

kashell

« Reply #12058 on: September 14, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »
I will send you my amazing oversized mouse pad and you can send me that boring one you have  ::) :P

You know what they say about big mouse pads!

In other news, my copy of Luifa & the Fortress of Doom arrived yesterday. This is the first time that I ever owned a (complete) copy of this game and I'm really excited about having it. Funnily enough, on the back of the box it calls it an "RPG Game." You know what that means...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12059 on: September 14, 2016, 04:04:14 pm »
And you think Lufia isn't an RPG? Why? Doesn't it play just like an old-school Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest game?