Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601091 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12075 on: September 16, 2016, 01:21:16 pm »
Oh ok! Neither of them are super expensive since I last looked so I'll definitely be checking them out at some point. :)

They haven't jumped in price in a while, so you should be good :) Definitely one of my favorite series on the GC (even though I haven't finished either).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12076 on: September 16, 2016, 03:05:48 pm »
That's great that they're still low in price! If and when you do start playing them, I look forward to hearing your impressions.

desocietas

« Reply #12077 on: September 16, 2016, 03:17:50 pm »
That's great that they're still low in price! If and when you do start playing them, I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Maybe I spoke too soon.... Origins is getting up closer to $40-50 these days :/ Still doable, but a little tougher for folks.  I thought I paid too much a while ago buying a sealed copy for $20, but that was a number of years ago.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12078 on: September 16, 2016, 03:28:17 pm »

Maybe I spoke too soon.... Origins is getting up closer to $40-50 these days :/ Still doable, but a little tougher for folks.  I thought I paid too much a while ago buying a sealed copy for $20, but that was a number of years ago.

Damn. I found mine (complete) in an old game store only a few years ago for 12 dollars and change.

This industry be crazy.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12079 on: September 16, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »
Gosh darn it I just got a bootleg DVD box set. Is there anything out there that they don't fake? I would be okay with it, but reviews of this online say the video and audio quality are crappy.

« Reply #12080 on: September 16, 2016, 04:14:08 pm »
I have an extra loose copy but I think paid like $20.  :(

My replacement complete copy was like $30.

telly

« Reply #12081 on: September 16, 2016, 06:29:07 pm »

Noooo  :( Maybe someday haha
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #12082 on: September 17, 2016, 05:11:27 pm »
Dang. I just witnessed more, "HOLY SHI*!" moments, too.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12083 on: September 19, 2016, 10:07:05 pm »
won Tickets to another convention at A Video Game Con's the Gaming Historian's Panel on the tenth... and this is the picture they posted (I'm on the Left)

it wasn't that I was unhappy about it, I just really suck at getting my picture taken

« Reply #12084 on: September 20, 2016, 10:38:45 am »
So, I bought a game on Amazon, from Amazon, for $3.  I do this fairly frequently.  I got a tracking update that said "Delivery Attempted.  Notice Left."  No notice on my door.  No notice in my mail box.  I even received 2 other packages at the same time, both delivered to my mailbox.  My post office doesn't answer their phone.

I don't know if I should bother fighting with the USPS over a $3 game or just ask Amazon to give me back my $3 and let them fight USPS.

desocietas

« Reply #12085 on: September 20, 2016, 11:15:29 am »
So, I bought a game on Amazon, from Amazon, for $3.  I do this fairly frequently.  I got a tracking update that said "Delivery Attempted.  Notice Left."  No notice on my door.  No notice in my mail box.  I even received 2 other packages at the same time, both delivered to my mailbox.  My post office doesn't answer their phone.

I don't know if I should bother fighting with the USPS over a $3 game or just ask Amazon to give me back my $3 and let them fight USPS.

They usually do a second notice, no? I thought they did before sending it back, but I might be wrong. That's annoying... it's possible the slip was dropped or stuck to something else. Maybe shoot USPS an email with any tracking information you have?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12086 on: September 20, 2016, 11:36:59 am »

They usually do a second notice, no? I thought they did before sending it back, but I might be wrong. That's annoying... it's possible the slip was dropped or stuck to something else. Maybe shoot USPS an email with any tracking information you have?
I don't understand why it's happened.  Amazon never requires signature.  This is a $3 game.

desocietas

« Reply #12087 on: September 20, 2016, 11:47:22 am »

I don't understand why it's happened.  Amazon never requires signature.  This is a $3 game.

The note isn't always about a signature. Sometimes they just don't feel comfortable leaving the item for whatever reason. I've totally had it happen where they've made me pick up a $5 item but left a $85 item the same day on my porch. *shrugs*
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12088 on: September 20, 2016, 11:51:48 am »

The note isn't always about a signature. Sometimes they just don't feel comfortable leaving the item for whatever reason. I've totally had it happen where they've made me pick up a $5 item but left a $85 item the same day on my porch. *shrugs*
Yeah, but why not put the package in the mailbox with the other 2 packages?  My neighborhood has those lockboxes at the end of every street.  The box definitely has room for an NES game and 2 PSX games.

« Reply #12089 on: September 20, 2016, 11:54:41 am »
We had this conversation before about people taking pictures of their food.

I just made use of it.  A specific food truck is going to be at my office today.  I thought I had had it before, so I went and looked through my twitter to find a picture.  Found it, and instantly recalled that the food was absolutely disgusting.

I need to make a habit of replying to my picture with what I thought about the food though, just in case I forget.