Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605250 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12090 on: September 20, 2016, 12:24:49 pm »
We had this conversation before about people taking pictures of their food.

I just made use of it.  A specific food truck is going to be at my office today.  I thought I had had it before, so I went and looked through my twitter to find a picture.  Found it, and instantly recalled that the food was absolutely disgusting.

I need to make a habit of replying to my picture with what I thought about the food though, just in case I forget.

my friend HATES when people do that

i make it a point to text him at least once a week to show him what i am eating :D

then he spends me pictures of spiders....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #12091 on: September 20, 2016, 12:34:09 pm »
So, I bought a game on Amazon, from Amazon, for $3.  I do this fairly frequently.  I got a tracking update that said "Delivery Attempted.  Notice Left."  No notice on my door.  No notice in my mail box.  I even received 2 other packages at the same time, both delivered to my mailbox.  My post office doesn't answer their phone.

I don't know if I should bother fighting with the USPS over a $3 game or just ask Amazon to give me back my $3 and let them fight USPS.

They usually do a second notice, no? I thought they did before sending it back, but I might be wrong. That's annoying... it's possible the slip was dropped or stuck to something else. Maybe shoot USPS an email with any tracking information you have?
I don't understand why it's happened.  Amazon never requires signature.  This is a $3 game.

The note isn't always about a signature. Sometimes they just don't feel comfortable leaving the item for whatever reason. I've totally had it happen where they've made me pick up a $5 item but left a $85 item the same day on my porch. *shrugs*
Yeah, but why not put the package in the mailbox with the other 2 packages?  My neighborhood has those lockboxes at the end of every street.  The box definitely has room for an NES game and 2 PSX games.
I just got notified that it was delivered to my mailbox.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12092 on: September 20, 2016, 12:50:57 pm »
Oh, the post office. Yeah, screw those guys.

I've learned over the years of collecting video games and comic books that most mailmen just don't give a shit. And it's frustrating as hell, because mailmen are well-paid for what they do. The post office doesn't care either, their go to response when you complain about stuff that goes wrong is, "Should have bought insurance." What kind of crap customer service is that?

When I lived in an apartment, I don't know how many times they'd shove packages into my tiny mail-slot, damaging them, when there's a freaking package box right next to it!!! I complained to the post office, and they acted like what I was saying was completely unreasonable...use a package box? Why would we do that?

Man I hate the post office! But there's little choice if you collect video games and comics and don't live in a city where that stuff is plentiful.

kashell

« Reply #12093 on: September 20, 2016, 03:36:59 pm »
We had this conversation before about people taking pictures of their food.

I just made use of it.  A specific food truck is going to be at my office today.  I thought I had had it before, so I went and looked through my twitter to find a picture.  Found it, and instantly recalled that the food was absolutely disgusting.

I need to make a habit of replying to my picture with what I thought about the food though, just in case I forget.

Usually I hate this practice, but that's not a bad idea. At least that way you can remember what NOT to get.

kashell

« Reply #12094 on: September 21, 2016, 09:03:05 am »
I think I'm almost done with Baten Kaitos Origins. I know I'm in the final dungeon so I'm guessing I'll only have a few boss fights left until I see the conclusion and the credits. It's been a great (but not flawless) experience.

« Reply #12095 on: September 22, 2016, 10:55:51 am »
So.  Shipping question.

I just made a trade with a guy.  He just sent me a picture of the receipt from the post orifice (zing) and he sent 8 games (1 SNES, 1 PS1, and 6 DVD style case games) in a Flat Rate Envelope.  I rarely ship flat rate because it's never the best option, and I rarely use envelopes unless I'm shipping a single item.  So I know nothing about flat rate envelopes.  Pretty sure 8 games will not fit into a flat rate envelope.

Anybody have experience with such things?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12096 on: September 22, 2016, 02:34:36 pm »
In my experience, first class is the way to go. Put the stuff you're shipping in a box and mail it. Those flat rate boxes are overpriced in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure first class gets tracking these days.

davifus

« Reply #12097 on: September 22, 2016, 02:35:03 pm »
So.  Shipping question.

I just made a trade with a guy.  He just sent me a picture of the receipt from the post orifice (zing) and he sent 8 games (1 SNES, 1 PS1, and 6 DVD style case games) in a Flat Rate Envelope.  I rarely ship flat rate because it's never the best option, and I rarely use envelopes unless I'm shipping a single item.  So I know nothing about flat rate envelopes.  Pretty sure 8 games will not fit into a flat rate envelope.

Anybody have experience with such things?

You'll probably have fit it in tight. I dont even know if you'll be able to add another layer of bubble wrap. I dont think its good idea, esp. with 8 games.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #12098 on: September 22, 2016, 04:04:04 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure why they ask if you want to add tracking (and pay more) when the receipt for first class has a tracking number on it. I guess they want to try to swindle more money out of you.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tpugmire

« Reply #12099 on: September 22, 2016, 04:07:17 pm »
That's why I always use FedEx. Well, that and the 75% discount I get...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #12100 on: September 22, 2016, 04:19:54 pm »
In my experience, first class is the way to go. Put the stuff you're shipping in a box and mail it. Those flat rate boxes are overpriced in my opinion.

First class only ships under 13oz.

8 games > 13oz.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12101 on: September 22, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »

First class only ships under 13oz.

8 games > 13oz.

Someone told me they recently upped it to 16 oz. But that many games is still too heavy.

kashell

« Reply #12102 on: September 23, 2016, 08:48:50 am »
I think I'm at the final battle in 7th Dragon for the 3DS. This game has really surprised me; definitely a sleeper hit.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12103 on: September 23, 2016, 11:37:32 am »
I've been looking at Craigslist for the first time in months.  Holy shit, it's easy to pick out the guys that have sold the good stuff on ebay and are trying to offload the scraps on some poor fool that wants a $100 NES. 

LQQK!! ORIGINAL NES W/ 10 GAMES! 

Then the games are John Elway, Double Dribble, Silent Service and the like.

It's a world or scraps that we live in.  I'm really discouraged about hunting anymore.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12104 on: September 23, 2016, 12:58:17 pm »
So I got a spam email from eHarmony. I'm a happily married guy, so I go to click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. I'm told that I'm not allowed to do that because I'm not a member of their group.

...WTF?! So now I'm going to keep receiving eHarmony emails, being married, and my wife is just going to get all suspicious if she sees that. Or I sign-up with an eHarmony just to unsubscribe?! Yeah, because that's not gonna make my wife suspicious. Great. This kind of shady crap shouldn't be legal.