Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605274 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12105 on: September 23, 2016, 07:55:03 pm »
So I got a spam email from eHarmony. I'm a happily married guy, so I go to click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. I'm told that I'm not allowed to do that because I'm not a member of their group.

...WTF?! So now I'm going to keep receiving eHarmony emails, being married, and my wife is just going to get all suspicious if she sees that. Or I sign-up with an eHarmony just to unsubscribe?! Yeah, because that's not gonna make my wife suspicious. Great. This kind of shady crap shouldn't be legal.

Uhm, that's extremely weird... Do you use gmail? If so, you can set this address in your spam filters and you'll never receive the emails in your actual inbox.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12106 on: September 23, 2016, 09:02:41 pm »
So I got a spam email from eHarmony. I'm a happily married guy, so I go to click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. I'm told that I'm not allowed to do that because I'm not a member of their group.

...WTF?! So now I'm going to keep receiving eHarmony emails, being married, and my wife is just going to get all suspicious if she sees that. Or I sign-up with an eHarmony just to unsubscribe?! Yeah, because that's not gonna make my wife suspicious. Great. This kind of shady crap shouldn't be legal.

Uhm, that's extremely weird... Do you use gmail? If so, you can set this address in your spam filters and you'll never receive the emails in your actual inbox.

I use Yahoo Mail. It has a spam filter, too, but it's pretty hit-or-miss. We'll see if it works.

telly

« Reply #12107 on: September 25, 2016, 10:25:14 am »
Guys, I was just thinking about how Secret Santa was getting started at around this time last year, and I got really excited  :D
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12108 on: September 25, 2016, 12:39:21 pm »

I use Yahoo Mail. It has a spam filter, too, but it's pretty hit-or-miss. We'll see if it works.

And that's a no, the next one came to my inbox.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12109 on: September 25, 2016, 03:47:52 pm »
Guys, I was just thinking about how Secret Santa was getting started at around this time last year, and I got really excited  :D

Soera?   Where you at on this?

telly

« Reply #12110 on: September 26, 2016, 08:15:40 am »

Soera?   Where you at on this?

Was he going to even do it this year? I thought he said he might let someone else take over this time.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #12111 on: September 26, 2016, 08:52:13 am »
I think someone else volunteered to do most of the work this time.

Did VGC Secret Santa really get started this early last year? It's not even October yet.

telly

« Reply #12112 on: September 26, 2016, 09:14:47 am »
There was an interest thread that was put out at around this time

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6507.msg99466.html#msg99466
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #12113 on: September 26, 2016, 09:31:05 am »
There was an interest thread that was put out at around this time

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6507.msg99466.html#msg99466

Damn, September 21st! Everyone is getting into that Christmas spirit early! Maybe I should start thinking of a wish list.

« Reply #12114 on: September 27, 2016, 09:55:29 am »
My BC PS3 went YLOD again.  Bringing it in to get repaired for the 3rd time since June.  Should be in warranty still.

Either this repair shop isn't very good or BC PS3s are shit.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12115 on: September 27, 2016, 12:50:54 pm »
My BC PS3 went YLOD again.  Bringing it in to get repaired for the 3rd time since June.  Should be in warranty still.

Either this repair shop isn't very good or BC PS3s are shit.

My buddies keeps YLOD, but he is a dip shit and keeps it in closed spaces and doesnt dust,

my other buddy just did it and deicded to just upgrade instead of fixing it
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #12116 on: September 27, 2016, 01:43:04 pm »
The repair guy made a statement along the lines that this just doesn't want to stay working, so he is gonna scrape off the thermal paste and let it sit for 8 hours before reapplying the new compound.  *shrug*  We'll see if it stays working this time.

I really like the idea of being able to play PS1 and PS2 games with a PS3 controller, but it's just not seeming possible.

kashell

« Reply #12117 on: September 27, 2016, 09:36:33 pm »
Hell to the yes! I won Review of the Month again on GameFAQs for my Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness review!

Here's all the winners from August.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/contribute/rotm

I'm excited.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12118 on: September 28, 2016, 07:22:28 am »
My dad passed away early this morning. He had been fighting cancer for 6 years. He passed peacefully at a nursing facility. We had been by his bedside everyday since he was admitted to the hospital on Sunday.

He was a great dad that always took interest in me, and helped shape me into the man and geek I am today. He was well-loved and will be missed greatly.

tpugmire

« Reply #12119 on: September 28, 2016, 10:00:23 am »
Sorry for your loss.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com