Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596750 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14310 on: April 18, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »
Since last Thursday, my new game room/podcasting studio has been in the works.  It's coming along.

I had one of those Amish-style storage buildings delivered.  So far, I have electrical wiring, insulation, and sheetrock installed.
Tonight and tomorrow is mudding sheetrock.  I'm hoping to paint Thursday and maybe Friday.  Saturday is flooring.  Assuming I get done with flooring, trim is Sunday.  The electrician is coming next Monday to wire my breaker box hook my feeder line to my and meter. 

I'm busting my ass to get this done.  Assuming nothing goes wrong, I should be moving into it in a week.  I'm more than a little excited. ;D
Very curious as to how much this is costing you.

I'm under $9k so far.  That's a 12'x32' building.  I've done all the work myself.  It's been a heck of a trip, but it'll be done soon.
If I had a good place to host pictures, I'd post them here when I'm done.
I'm very interested because I'd love to do something like that.  I think I was looking at like 12'x16' and it would've cost me about that much I think.

desocietas

« Reply #14311 on: April 18, 2018, 04:28:03 pm »
If I had a good place to host pictures, I'd post them here when I'm done.

Maybe flickr? I think that's free now. And there's always imgur or photobucket.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14312 on: April 18, 2018, 04:44:57 pm »
Photobucket has gone the way of the dodo. I use Imgur.

And I considered the same route. Was looking at those 2 story storage sheds from Lowes/Home Depot a while back. Only thing missing from them is a fridge and a toilet and I could have lived in it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14313 on: April 18, 2018, 04:52:29 pm »
I was using TinyPic, but damn that site got bogged down with ads and pop-ups. Like an obscene amount for even a click-bait site. It seriously slows down your system.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14314 on: April 18, 2018, 08:18:07 pm »
Holy crap. I am not destined to own a PSP, I think. The one I got to replace the thrashed one, won't read discs.

desocietas

« Reply #14315 on: April 18, 2018, 08:28:21 pm »
Holy crap. I am not destined to own a PSP, I think. The one I got to replace the thrashed one, won't read discs.

Ugh...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14316 on: April 19, 2018, 12:45:13 am »
I have a few. I dont use them for anything. Id swap you one, Idc.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14317 on: April 19, 2018, 10:33:51 am »
I made a post over in the "Off Topic" section chronicling My Adventure in DIY.  Thought I'd stop taking up space in this thread.  Plus, I wanted lots of pictures.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14318 on: April 19, 2018, 11:28:18 am »
I have a few. I dont use them for anything. Id swap you one, Idc.

I'm being kind of picky. Don't want a PSP Go or a 1000 model. Wanted a charger and a memory stick, too.

If that's all good, then I'm sure we can talk. Thanks. But I have to wait to see how this return goes, now, before I have the $. Still waiting to hear back from the seller.

« Reply #14319 on: April 20, 2018, 06:30:56 am »
-snip-

rayne315

« Reply #14320 on: April 20, 2018, 12:12:23 pm »
I cant wait till im off work! I was unable to pick up my stonemason edition of god of war yesterday so that is the first thing im doing when I leave!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14321 on: April 20, 2018, 04:55:37 pm »
Good news! I just bought a 3rd PSP, now. But this time it was from a guy in a PSP collector's group, and he just put a new battery and new screen on the sucker, fresh. The pics look minty. And it was cheaper than the last one. So keeping my fingers crossed it's all in working condition.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14322 on: April 22, 2018, 08:15:21 pm »
Good news! I just bought a 3rd PSP, now. But this time it was from a guy in a PSP collector's group, and he just put a new battery and new screen on the sucker, fresh. The pics look minty. And it was cheaper than the last one. So keeping my fingers crossed it's all in working condition.

3rd time's the charm or so they say.  ;)

I decided to get off my duff and rewire/reconfigure my entertainment center. I purchased a pair of HDMI selectors and a 8-port switch a few months back but kept putting off the work as it's a pain to get behind the entertainment center. So I have 9 HDMI devices but only 8 ports on the selectors total. Luckily I have three HDMI ports on the TV so I was able to hook everything up. The only problem is, one of the HDMI selectors wasn't acting right and I can't find anywhere online for a manufacturer's website to troubleshoot it. The other one is the same brand and as far as I can tell, works flawlessly.

On the one that's not working I have my PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. On the second one I have my Switch, WiiU, NES Classic, and SNES Classic. My oddball HDMI item is my Steam Link so I put that into the 3rd HDMI port on the TV. The Wii is using my component port and I need to get around to finding a reliable 3rd party VGA Adapter for my Dreamcast that is sitting unconnected at the moment.  :P

I'm seeing cheap cables on eBay that work in place of the VGA box but they're all showing as "from China" and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Anyone got their DC hooked up via those cables that can give me some feedback?  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14323 on: April 24, 2018, 07:53:43 pm »

It showed up today, already. And it seriously looks like it was just taken out of the package. This guy does good work. And it works! It reads games! So happy.

I should have went PSP a long time ago. The screen just look marvelous. Better than a GBA-SP 101 or a DS. Hell, even better than my 3DS XL, I'd say. It's just so bright, crisp, and clear. (It's a 2001 model, BTW)

If anyone else is thinking about getting one, I recommend this guy. He sells them on the Facebook group "PlayStation Vita/PSP Collectors", Nick Fauteux. And he sells cheap. I paid $75 after shipping, and he included the charging cord and a 1gb memory stick with it. You cannot get one in perfect working condition like this and with the accessories for that much on eBay.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:57:06 pm by burningdoom »

desocietas

« Reply #14324 on: April 24, 2018, 08:04:59 pm »

It showed up today, already. And it seriously looks like it was just taken out of the package. This guy does good work. And it works! It reads games! So happy.

I should have went PSP a long time ago. The screen just look marvelous. Better than a GBA-SP 101 or a DS. Hell, even better than my 3DS XL, I'd say. It's just so bright, crisp, and clear. (It's a 2001 model, BTW)

If anyone else is thinking about getting one, I recommend this guy. He sells them on the Facebook group "PlayStation Vita/PSP Collectors", Nick Fauteux. And he sells cheap. I paid $75 after shipping, and he included the charging cord and a 1gb memory stick with it. You cannot get one in perfect working condition like this and with the accessories for that much on eBay.

So glad the saga ended well! The screen really is beautiful, and I think the speakers on it are good as well, personally, so I still really enjoy that system.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas