Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1590031 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14325 on: April 24, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »
Did some research/review reading on those Dreamcast VGA cables and I'm thinking they might not be an ideal purchase. I read that only certain games take advantage of the VGA feature and that's a deal killer in of itself as I want to be able to access/play my whole library. I'm guessing at this point I'll just have to wire in using the DC component cable and see if I can find my Y-adapters. I assume the Yellow goes in where the Green for component does, yeah?  :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14326 on: April 26, 2018, 09:29:57 am »
I desperately want to play games.  This building and moving and everything else has put a damper on my game playing.  I really want to go buy an new game and not come out of the room for a weekend.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14327 on: April 26, 2018, 05:53:52 pm »
Oof...my world for a freakin' Dreamcast composite cable!!!  >:(

I tore my basement up from one end to the other trying to find one and no luck. I KNOW I have one somewhere but I'll be damned if I know where I stashed it. I literally found every other cable in existence, including a few I didn't realized I owned such as the XB360 VGA cable.  :P

I thought I was in luck when I found the tub that had some of my other DC accessories like my broadband adapter (I forgot it was white, gonna clash with my black DC  :P). I thought I found it but when I was cleaning the cables I realized it was a DC S-Video cable and not composite. My TV doesn't have a S-Video jack on it anywhere that I can see.  :-\

Looks like it's going to be a trip to the flea market this weekend to source a DC composite cable.  :P

« Reply #14328 on: April 28, 2018, 10:11:13 pm »
I may have gone a little crazy with GameStop's current B2G1 sale on retro games... I just really hope they are in decent shape when they come in.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14329 on: April 29, 2018, 09:40:38 am »
Oy this plight of mine is becoming increasingly infuriating...

Found a DC A/V cord, plugged it up and am getting a grayish/B&W image on screen. I'm guessing the TV doesn't allow for a standard composite signal.  :-\
I guess my options now are to not hook up the DC to the TV, buy a VGA box/cord and not be able to play all of my games, buy a composite to HDMI adapter ($10-20), or a S-Video to HDMI adapter ($35-40).  :P

EDIT: I have a mini TV/DVD unit that I was going to hook the DC up to but for whatever reason cannot locate so I said the hell with it and just hooked up my GameCube via component and it works swimmingly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:01:38 am by Flashback2012 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14330 on: April 30, 2018, 12:56:12 pm »
Eorland Grey-Mane (Companions blacksmith) is dead in my Skyrim game, and I didn't kill him. WTF?!

I went to wait for him to buy some smithing supplies, and he never showed, no matter how long I'd wait. Then I noticed when I'd talk to the woman outside of the other blacksmith in Whiterun, she'd say, "I never claimed to be the best smith in Skyrim, that was Earland Grey-Mane, but now he's dead."

What the hell?! Seriously. How does he just die like that? He was one of my favorite NPCs in the game.

On a side note, when the game loaded after exiting a pub in Whiterun, a random homeless NPC fell out of the sky to his death. I wonder if the two are related? But I have never come across Eorland Grey-Mane's body, with the homeless NPC I was able to loot his body.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:57:54 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14331 on: May 01, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »
I'm a dirty casual. I love English dubbed DBZ, Record of Lodoss War, Casshan, and Guyver.

What about you?

14 Anime Fans You'll Meet in Real Life

azure

« Reply #14332 on: May 02, 2018, 10:39:04 am »
Probably fall into the former/past Anime fan. While there is still some great stuff being produced I tend to like the older stuff more.

« Reply #14333 on: May 03, 2018, 09:52:38 pm »
I picked up a Starlight Gold Gamecube. I'm kind of regretting it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14334 on: May 09, 2018, 05:02:58 pm »
I'm so ready to be moved into my new building.  I haven't played a game in nearly a month!  I'm jonesing real bad!

sworddude

« Reply #14335 on: May 09, 2018, 06:01:56 pm »
I picked up a Starlight Gold Gamecube. I'm kind of regretting it.

At least you can say it is nice and shiny potentially even with glow in the dark features  ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #14336 on: May 10, 2018, 08:34:14 am »
I got a copy of Vanguard Bandits yesterday. Every time I walk by it, the light catches the case's spine and it looks all psychedelic.

Working Designs had plenty of flaws, but aesthetics wasn't one of them.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14337 on: May 10, 2018, 11:25:59 am »
I know we have a whole "advertise your videos and shit" thread, but I'm doing it here too. 

Tonight on Our Parents' Basement, its our 100th Episode!  If you're around your computer at 8:30c, please check us out on youtube.  We'll be live and you should join the chat!
We're covering our Top 100 games of all time.  A lot of work went into this show and I hope you like it.

Our Parents' Basement YouTube Channel
Download us on iTunes

rayne315

« Reply #14338 on: May 10, 2018, 12:29:10 pm »
I know we have a whole "advertise your videos and shit" thread, but I'm doing it here too. 

Tonight on Our Parents' Basement, its our 100th Episode!  If you're around your computer at 8:30c, please check us out on youtube.  We'll be live and you should join the chat!
We're covering our Top 100 games of all time.  A lot of work went into this show and I hope you like it.

awe hell ill give it a view. all I have planned tonight anyways is building shelves so the background noise will be greatly appreciated.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

« Reply #14339 on: May 10, 2018, 03:04:46 pm »
I got a copy of Vanguard Bandits yesterday. Every time I walk by it, the light catches the case's spine and it looks all psychedelic.

Working Designs had plenty of flaws, but aesthetics wasn't one of them.
Nice! I've been looking for that one forever it seems like, haha. I'd say it's one of the better WD titles imo.