Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582809 times)

doafan

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14340 on: May 10, 2018, 03:23:06 pm »
Am still alive after saying this can't believe that have been without Internet for more than two months, is not that I didn't had the service neither at home or at work, just didn't wanted to be online for a while but it seems that I over exaggerate a little anyway since it didn't affected anything guess that eventually am gonna repeat this situation in a near future, believe it or not just proved myself that I don't need to be conected to the web all the time.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #14341 on: May 10, 2018, 03:57:51 pm »
Am still alive after saying this can't believe that have been without Internet for more than two months, is not that I didn't had the service neither at home or at work, just didn't wanted to be online for a while but it seems that I over exaggerate a little anyway since it didn't affected anything guess that eventually am gonna repeat this situation in a near future, believe it or not just proved myself that I don't need to be conected to the web all the time.

Glad to hear you're ok! I think it's good to "unplug" for a while. Did you play games during that time?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #14342 on: May 10, 2018, 04:17:02 pm »
lol I was wondering where you had gone off to. welcome back! hopefully you enjoyed the disconnect. I used to really enjoy doing the same thing but my career requires me to sit in front of a computer so its nearly impossible to get away.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

doafan

« Reply #14343 on: May 10, 2018, 04:19:38 pm »
Glad to hear you're ok! I think it's good to "unplug" for a while. Did you play games during that time?

Do the fish swim? of course I played but only at offline mode, I don't have anything against videogames and the day that I have anything against them that day I'll unplug myself from being alive  ;D

soera

« Reply #14344 on: May 10, 2018, 04:32:44 pm »
I know we have a whole "advertise your videos and shit" thread, but I'm doing it here too. 

Tonight on Our Parents' Basement, its our 100th Episode!  If you're around your computer at 8:30c, please check us out on youtube.  We'll be live and you should join the chat!
We're covering our Top 100 games of all time.  A lot of work went into this show and I hope you like it.

Our Parents' Basement YouTube Channel
Download us on iTunes

You know what? If you can find a way to get me on the show, Ill do it. I dont work tonight and my house is going to be empty other than me and 2 offspring.

doafan

« Reply #14345 on: May 10, 2018, 05:10:20 pm »
lol I was wondering where you had gone off to. welcome back! hopefully you enjoyed the disconnect. I used to really enjoy doing the same thing but my career requires me to sit in front of a computer so its nearly impossible to get away.

I did enjoyed the unplug a lot even my wife was surprised of my determination mostly because I can't sleep at night if I don't see at least three horror/paranormal videos before, call me crazy but love to sleep with fear so changed this habbit by doing some excersice before going to bed and it worked like a charm, will try to combine both activities cause at work I really have a lot of stress.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14346 on: May 10, 2018, 09:32:00 pm »
I know we have a whole "advertise your videos and shit" thread, but I'm doing it here too. 

Tonight on Our Parents' Basement, its our 100th Episode!  If you're around your computer at 8:30c, please check us out on youtube.  We'll be live and you should join the chat!
We're covering our Top 100 games of all time.  A lot of work went into this show and I hope you like it.

Our Parents' Basement YouTube Channel
Download us on iTunes

WE'RE LIVE!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uoChtYrFU

soera

« Reply #14347 on: May 11, 2018, 12:24:20 am »
All that ... and I got called into work anyhow. *sigh*

kashell

« Reply #14348 on: May 11, 2018, 08:07:25 am »
Our 100th episode was a blast. It was also tiring; talking about 100 games in a little over an hour is a lot to deal with. I hope those that listened enjoyed it as much as we did.

I got a copy of Vanguard Bandits yesterday. Every time I walk by it, the light catches the case's spine and it looks all psychedelic.

Working Designs had plenty of flaws, but aesthetics wasn't one of them.
Nice! I've been looking for that one forever it seems like, haha. I'd say it's one of the better WD titles imo.

It has one of my favorite opening movies in a video game. The lyrics and animation are so cheesy; it really captures how awesomely bad anime can be.

« Reply #14349 on: May 21, 2018, 10:08:39 am »
Was playing Yakuza 5 during a storm.  Power went out.  Hadn't saved all day.  TV is dead now.

YAY!

Either I'm buying a 55" 4K TV for about $300 or I'm paying to get my TV repaired.

rayne315

« Reply #14350 on: May 21, 2018, 03:32:18 pm »
NOOOO!! Apparently Best Buys Gamers Club is being shut down!!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14351 on: May 21, 2018, 03:34:07 pm »
NOOOO!! Apparently Best Buys Gamers Club is being shut down!!
Yeah, last day to renew was like last Friday or something.

Mine expires this November.  I know some folks who have it as far out as 2029.

UPDATE: GCU appears to be dead.  My sub is supposed to last until November and I'm no longer receiving any discounts all the way through the checkout process.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:40:57 pm by ignition365 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14352 on: May 21, 2018, 04:50:12 pm »
The B.O.B. is finally finished.  I have to rearrange stuff on shelves, but everything is in there.  I'm so glad that is over with. 
I wasn't sure if it would work, but the ole window a/c unit keeps it nice and cool in there. It's not too loud either.

soera

« Reply #14353 on: May 21, 2018, 04:52:12 pm »
I need pics!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14354 on: May 21, 2018, 05:01:51 pm »
I need pics!

Maybe I'll have some by the end of the week.  I have to get my NES cabinet loaded.  It's still in totes on the floor.  You wouldn't believe how much a complete NES library weighs!
I only had one casualty/wounded piece during the move.  I broke two of the wheels that the glass slides on. I'm hoping the hardware store has a suitable replacement