Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651885 times)

jcalder8

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3105 on: August 05, 2014, 02:07:41 am »
WHAT?! I'VE GOT TO HAVE THIS!!!

Monopoly: Legend of Zelda Edition, releases September 15th:

https://games.yahoo.com/photos/monopoly-legend-of-zelda-edition-1407174970-slideshow/
I have never been impressed with any of the special editions, I hate how they leave in "Free Parking" and "Jail" It really ruins the experience for me.

argyle

« Reply #3106 on: August 05, 2014, 04:49:26 am »

https://games.yahoo.com/photos/monopoly-legend-of-zelda-edition-1407174970-slideshow/
I have never been impressed with any of the special editions, I hate how they leave in "Free Parking" and "Jail" It really ruins the experience for me.

What?  You don't remember the Free Parking quest in OoT? :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3107 on: August 05, 2014, 08:02:36 am »
Congrats Kash - they do look pretty sharp all lined up, don't they?

Hoping to finish & add the Escha + Logy plat to it by the weekend.

Then...maybe...R+
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3108 on: August 05, 2014, 08:13:38 am »
Congrats Kash - they do look pretty sharp all lined up, don't they?

Hoping to finish & add the Escha + Logy plat to it by the weekend.

Then...maybe...R+

That sounds awesome! You'll have to let me know what you think of R+

jcalder8

« Reply #3109 on: August 05, 2014, 11:44:29 am »
After being on and off the forums for the last year or so I am actively trying to be..... active again. Stuff at home is starting to calm down somewhat so I figure now is a good time to start posting again. Also I have missed bugging soera  ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3110 on: August 05, 2014, 11:50:25 am »
After being on and off the forums for the last year or so I am actively trying to be..... active again. Stuff at home is starting to calm down somewhat so I figure now is a good time to start posting again. Also I have missed bugging soera  ;D

I've missed you bugging soera too  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3111 on: August 05, 2014, 12:18:21 pm »

It's Monopoly, how immersed can you really get?

jcalder8

« Reply #3112 on: August 05, 2014, 12:25:28 pm »

It's Monopoly, how immersed can you really get?
Ok so maybe immersed wasn't the right word lol.

It just feels like a quick cash grab when they can't even come up with something other than Jail. Even on the NHL version they don't bother calling it a Penalty Box. Just laziness and it ruins the game for me, I'd rather just play the standard version because of it.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3113 on: August 05, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »
I've never been a fan of special edition versions of board games either. I've always been a fan of just playing the original games. Monopoly and Risk especially.

soera

« Reply #3114 on: August 05, 2014, 02:54:40 pm »

You know how you can fix that.  8)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3115 on: August 05, 2014, 06:20:32 pm »
Just got a shit ton of fighting game anthology collections on PS2... determined to get better at fighting games.

kashell

« Reply #3116 on: August 05, 2014, 09:23:14 pm »
Just got a shit ton of fighting game anthology collections on PS2... determined to get better at fighting games.

Are you a Guilty Gear fan? I have Accent Core on the PS3 and would love to get back into it since it's my favorite fighting series.

abe

« Reply #3117 on: August 05, 2014, 09:40:47 pm »

Are you a Guilty Gear fan? I have Accent Core on the PS3 and would love to get back into it since it's my favorite fighting series.

I'm obviously not who your question was directed at, but... Guilty Gear is awesome! Are you looking forward to getting Guilty Gear Xrd?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3118 on: August 05, 2014, 09:45:09 pm »

I'm incredibly noobish when it comes to fighting games. I pretty much know the Street Fighter series and that's about it. Never played a single Guilty Gear game before.

I was playing Darkstalkers Vampire Hunter on my Saturn earlier today and was really getting into that. I'll definitely look into Guilty Gear though. I'm basically looking into everything I come across fighting game wise now.

scott

« Reply #3119 on: August 05, 2014, 09:47:13 pm »
Just realized that my Hori Fighting Stick works on my PC. Which means I can load up my PC shmups now and not have to fiddle with the keyboard! woot woot.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread