Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1648000 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3555 on: September 19, 2014, 10:59:36 am »
Did anyone else who got the DanganRonpa 2 LE get an unexpected & unannounced box in the mail from N1?  :o

I got one that had nothing in it but that little display case that the coin sits in...when I hadn't even been shorted any  :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3556 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:40 am »
Did anyone else who got the DanganRonpa 2 LE get an unexpected & unannounced box in the mail from N1?  :o

I got one that had nothing in it but that little display case that the coin sits in...when I hadn't even been shorted any  :-\

Yeah, and it was announced. :P I believe they had a letter in the LE about it, either that or an email - basically, the coin cases in the LE's got dinged up when they were shipped to them, so they sent everyone a new one once they got them.  Was pretty cool of them (as usual), especially since even as picky as I am I didn't really have a problem w/ the case I received to begin with.  Works out for me tho, I was looking for something to display my Suikoden IV coin in.  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #3557 on: September 19, 2014, 11:07:05 am »

Yeah, and it was announced. :P I believe they had a letter in the LE about it, either that or an email - basically, the coin cases in the LE's got dinged up when they were shipped to them, so they sent everyone a new one once they got them.  Was pretty cool of them (as usual), especially since even as picky as I am I didn't really have a problem w/ the case I received to begin with.  Works out for me tho, I was looking for something to display my Suikoden IV coin in.  :D
Wait, what Suikoden IV coin? I have zero knowledge about Suikoden merchandise, but I'd love to have some!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #3558 on: September 19, 2014, 11:12:14 am »

Uhhh I haven't opened mine yet... it could be broken for all I know...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #3559 on: September 19, 2014, 11:35:39 am »

Wait, what Suikoden IV coin? I have zero knowledge about Suikoden merchandise, but I'd love to have some!

Just before S4 came out Konami ran a promotion where you could find codes & enter them on their website for free swag.  The codes were hidden in ads in magazines, gotten by playing games on the S4 website, in the preorder bonus artbook and I believe there's even one in the final game's manual.  If you entered 3 you got a soundtrack cd, 5 got you a coin and 7 got you a wallscroll.  And you got all the lower tier items as well when you got more, so at 7 you would get all 3 items - which I did. :D  Here's some pics I found (not mine):

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #3560 on: September 19, 2014, 11:43:24 am »

Just before S4 came out Konami ran a promotion where you could find codes & enter them on their website for free swag.  The codes were hidden in ads in magazines, gotten by playing games on the S4 website, in the preorder bonus artbook and I believe there's even one in the final game's manual.  If you entered 3 you got a soundtrack cd, 5 got you a coin and 7 got you a wallscroll.  And you got all the lower tier items as well when you got more, so at 7 you would get all 3 items - which I did. :D  Here's some pics I found (not mine):

That is pretty awesome... I'm still looking for a Suikoden IV manual

kashell

« Reply #3561 on: September 19, 2014, 12:40:46 pm »
Shame that Suikoden IV was probably the worst in the bunch. I couldn't even finish it. Suikoden III was pretty disappointing, too. I'm still hunting around for Suikoden V.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3562 on: September 19, 2014, 01:01:07 pm »

Does anyone else remember when Nintendo announced this? At first they kept teasing, "Color Game Boy". I know I was excited at the prospect of finally being able to play Game Boy games in color.

And then when it's finally revealed, it was nothing more than a bright-colors on the casing. SOOOO DISAPPOINTED!

Nintendo totally trolled us in the 90s.

argyle

« Reply #3563 on: September 19, 2014, 04:27:29 pm »
Shame that Suikoden IV was probably the worst in the bunch. I couldn't even finish it. Suikoden III was pretty disappointing, too. I'm still hunting around for Suikoden V.

I'll admit, I never even played 4 because of how bad everyone said it was but I still have my original copy.  And I didn't like 3 either - but 5 is awesome, it's up there w/ 2 as the best of the series. 

kashell

« Reply #3564 on: September 19, 2014, 04:57:49 pm »
*sigh* And as luck would have it, Suikoden V is the only one I can never seem to find. If I go game hunting this weekend I'll be on the look out for it.

In other news, Tales of Xillia 2 has been officially platinum'd! It was a great game and there's a good chance I'll go back and play it again down the road.

bobster

« Reply #3565 on: September 19, 2014, 08:34:35 pm »

That's super awesome Greg! I'm very jealous! I wish I was aware enough at the time to participate in something like that.

To address what everyone else has been saying, I've played 1-4 and while three was different, I enjoyed it. 4 was when you were a admiral at sea wasn't it? I confuse that one and tactics quite a bit. I need to play 5. I had a burned disc of it around a while back, but only played around an hour. I want an official copy to go with the others :D.

kashell

« Reply #3566 on: September 20, 2014, 10:15:39 am »
Happy Saturday to everyone on this forum! Is anyone else looking forward to Ar no Surge?

davifus

« Reply #3567 on: September 20, 2014, 10:24:55 am »
Happy Saturday to everyone on this forum! Is anyone else looking forward to Ar no Surge?

Did the orders get shipped yet? I haven't received my tracking #.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3568 on: September 20, 2014, 10:58:54 am »

Indeed I am!

Anyone know anything about it - like...is it 'related'  to and/or similar to the Ar tonelico series/universe?

Speaking of Suikoden, how was/what was Tactics like?

iirc, I got an art book + an OST with it; maybe  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #3569 on: September 20, 2014, 01:41:07 pm »

Indeed I am!

Anyone know anything about it - like...is it 'related'  to and/or similar to the Ar tonelico series/universe?

Speaking of Suikoden, how was/what was Tactics like?

iirc, I got an art book + an OST with it; maybe  :o
Tactics was interesting. I remember the plot being pretty good. Game play was obviously different from the others in the series, but it was pretty fun.