Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597320 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2013, 09:30:55 am »
Ya I don't think he's around much anymore.  ;)

Hah!

He's *ALWAYS* around (in spirit:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #406 on: February 21, 2013, 06:01:52 pm »
So, I just received my "consolation" item from Bamco...I'm assuming...that it's because I never got the Ni No Kuni Wizard's-Edition LE when I tried to get it on that extra day that they added for pre-orders of it  :o

In any case, they sent me (and I just received) a free, sealed, hardcover strategy guide for NNK :)

No communication from them, at all; just a little note on the packing slip that that's why I was receiving it for free (I had no idea that I was even getting *anything* - until I opened up the UPS box & saw the book:)...it's no Wizard's Edition -but- a free gift certainly beats a blank  8)

desocietas

« Reply #407 on: February 21, 2013, 06:04:36 pm »
So, I just received my "consolation" item from Bamco...I'm assuming...that it's because I never got the Ni No Kuni Wizard's-Edition LE when I tried to get it on that extra day that they added for pre-orders of it  :o

In any case, they sent me (and I just received) a free, sealed, hardcover strategy guide for NNK :)

No communication from them, at all; just a little note on the packing slip that that's why I was receiving it for free (I had no idea that I was even getting *anything* - until I opened up the UPS box & saw the book:)...it's no Wizard's Edition -but- a free gift certainly beats a blank  8)

Oh yeah, my emails from them re: them shipping a guide book kept going to my spam folder.  There was only one email re: the book.  They apologized and said a book would be sent without any extra effort on our side, and that it'd be sent out the week of the 18th.  I haven't gotten mine yet, but good to know you've gotten yours.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »

Oh yeah, my emails from them re: them shipping a guide book kept going to my spam folder.  There was only one email re: the book.  They apologized and said a book would be sent without any extra effort on our side, and that it'd be sent out the week of the 18th.  I haven't gotten mine yet, but good to know you've gotten yours.

Huh...maybe I also had e-mails that went straight to Spam, and that's why I was in the dark about it.

I *Never* look through my Spam at all - I just mass-delete the hell out of 'em  ;)

Anyhow, yeah - I guess that if any of you guys are waiting-on/looking-for these; I can at least confirm that they're shipping & that (mine, at least) came via UPS...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2013, 06:52:28 pm »
On an un-related, (but similar...in that it was another free & unexpected gift:) note -

When I signed-in to PSN & checked my messages there (yesterday morning), I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of my "received messages" was from Sony, and, it was actually a free, $10.00 PSN credit  ;D

Kinda' weird, though...I have my PS3 set to automatically upload any system software updates & back-up my game saves to their 'Cloud' storage every night (over-night/while I'm sleeping) - not only that -but- since I was already signed-in to PSN; that would indicate that I'm already updated & current w/ the most recent versions.

So, I was confused a bit when I clicked-on to "accept" the $10 -and- it said I needed to do an update  :o

Whatever, it was like a one minute update that I'm guessing only had something to do with updating something only involving the PSN store & my account there.

Once it was done, it simply added the $10 to my wallet.

It's also weird that it seems kind of random (as to who got/didn't get this $10)...because, it seems like ~half of my PSN friends got it while the other 1/2 didn't -and- it wasn't only for PSN+ members, either ==> did any of you other PS3 owners and/or PSN (or PSN+) users here get this...or know *why* you did or didn't get it?!

The only thing that seems obvious is that it was co-ordinated to come right around the same time as "The Announcement"; Hmmm...

desocietas

« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2013, 09:26:30 pm »
Found this... http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-may-have-just-sent-10-to-your-psn-account-246073.phtml

But it doesn't give much info either.  If anything, it says the credit expires soon?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2013, 10:34:22 pm »
People who spent a certain amount of money got the credit.

Maybe use it to extend your Playstation Plus time? :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »
Well, the power's been off at my house since 4:00 this afternoon. I hate ice. So, I abandoned ship; and loaded up the wife and the boy and drove 45 min to my mom's. Now I have heat, TV, and Internet. I sure hope the power's on tomorrow.

soera

« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:30 pm »
Should have made the trip to OKC! :) You could have had all that stuff and got to play all my games.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2013, 11:24:13 pm »
I appreciate the invite, but it'd be hard to make it to work from OKC.

soera

« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:29 pm »
Thats when you take some vacation.  8)

jcalder8

« Reply #416 on: February 22, 2013, 12:43:21 am »
Can't believe that this thread has 400+ posts in it already - someone really awesome must have kicked this off...
 ;D
 ;)
 :o
 8)
You're welcome:D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #417 on: February 22, 2013, 08:47:53 am »
People who spent a certain amount of money got the credit.

Maybe use it to extend your Playstation Plus time? :P

Ah, nice to know why I got it, at least...any idea what the amount needed was?

Great minds and all that...was just gonna' use it towards more PS+ :)

Found this... http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-may-have-just-sent-10-to-your-psn-account-246073.phtml

But it doesn't give much info either.  If anything, it says the credit expires soon?

Yeah, they didn't give you very much time to use it (iirc, it would have expired in the 1st or 2nd week of March)...

foxhack

« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2013, 11:32:52 am »
Ah, nice to know why I got it, at least...any idea what the amount needed was?
Nope. A friend of mine bought a PS3 and asked Sony via twitter why he didn't get the credit. They said he didn't spend enough, so no credit.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2013, 12:25:43 pm »
Can't believe that this thread has 400+ posts in it already - someone really awesome must have kicked this off...
 ;D
 ;)
 :o
 8)
You're welcome:D

Why, thank you, kind sir :D

Any time for Enma, yet?!