Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599386 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #435 on: February 26, 2013, 03:40:12 pm »
I hope not. She was cool. Ive never seen anyone else type "Squeee" before. :)

I lol'd :)

Has anyone pm'd her or been in contact w/ her anywhere else?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2013, 06:24:01 pm »
So one of the things I'm doing now is clear out -all- the games I know I'll never touch. Either because they're being unplayable on my PC due to OS / hardware conflicts, I already own them in compilations, or on digital form (Steam / GOG / etc.) I just finished clearing out one closet and so far I've separated about 30 big box PC games. I also found DDR pads for Gamecube, PS1/2... and a Japanese DREAMCAST one in box. The hell!

I -am- keeping the games that include bonus items, like my Titan Quest with soundtrack and artbook.

I'm hoping to find a poor schmuck er I mean an entrepreneur who'll take the time to sell these in their Amazon storefront. There are lots of people in my area who do that thing.

And no, this doesn't include console games. All that stuff stays with me. I am going to sell stuff I may never get to, but that'll be in the near future.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #437 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:48 pm »
Bought a manual of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga that I thought was a game. Only buried in one place in the description did it mention that it was a manual, nowhere in the title did it say this and nowhere else did it say that, nor did it say "no game". I didn't realize this until after I had already bid on it.

I asked the guy if it were possible if he could cancel my bid since it was a mistake and there were other bids on it before mine. He said no because he said he didn't want to take a $3 loss. So I was stuck with it because a bid on eBay is a binding contract.

Today I received the manual in the mail, and it has a tear covered up by this unsightly beige duct tape. I tried to gingerly remove the duct tape, but no go, it started to tear, so I stopped.

At this point, if I make an issue out it, I'm sure he'll point to that request and claim that I'm just making it up to get my money back because I didn't mean to bid on it to begin with.

>:( So frustrating! Now I can't even sell it to make my $10 back because of the condition. And I'm not so unscrupulous that I'd hide it like this guy.

It's only $10, but it's the principle of the whole situation.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:23:53 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #438 on: March 01, 2013, 10:25:19 pm »
... you CAN cancel a bid if you made it by accident. Since the guy refused, leave a neutral or a neg. That's what I'd do, anyway.

jcalder8

« Reply #439 on: March 01, 2013, 10:54:39 pm »
... you CAN cancel a bid if you made it by accident. Since the guy refused, leave a neutral or a neg. That's what I'd do, anyway.
Yup, I have had to do this a couple of times for similar reasons.

« Reply #440 on: March 04, 2013, 04:54:33 pm »
This of course is wordplay on yours an his part. did you compare the condition listed to what was bought?
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #441 on: March 05, 2013, 12:33:09 am »
Why do so many gamers have this "Only my console/game franchise is the best and all others suck" mentality?

How many gaming forums have you been to where this is the main focus of discussion?

Why wouldn't gamers want a wide variety of franchises, consoles, and characters available for them to enjoy?

« Reply #442 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:21 am »
Why do so many gamers have this "Only my console/game franchise is the best and all others suck" mentality?

How many gaming forums have you been to where this is the main focus of discussion?

Why wouldn't gamers want a wide variety of franchises, consoles, and characters available for them to enjoy?
I saw this a long time ago.. I've never met a true fanboy/fangirl that was had a main focus type gaming/console franchise.. But they seem to be growing on the web only? maybe they are living a lie...like the cake? or they do it out of starting something and attention seeking through the internet.

I've been to many websites/forums that had these type of people but I've chosen to ignore them because it won't change my opinion an I choose to not force my opinions on them. Some people have one track minds and to have a wide variety scares them?... yea it must be very scary for them.....
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #443 on: March 09, 2013, 10:23:36 am »
Only buried in one place in the description did it mention that it was a manual, nowhere in the title did it say this and nowhere else did it say that, nor did it say "no game". I didn't realize this until after I had already bid on it.

It's only $10, but it's the principle of the whole situation.

I had a very similar experience (w/ a seller on Amazon, though)  >:(

It was a few years ago -but- I still remember (and get *riled* up at) the specifics of the "deal".

I was buying a new/sealed copy of Persona: Revelations (aka "Persona 1") for the PS1.

I'd been buying & selling on Amazon for years, at the time, so I knew very well Amazon's *Criteria* for deciding what condition you should/shouldn't be listing the games that you're listing & selling as.

Especially & blatantly clear & simple (*I* would have thought) is (IMHO), the most important & expensive listing condition, which is, of course, the:
 "NEW" listing condition.

In Amazon's rules/T.o.S. (plain & easy to see whenever you're adding a game for sale there) is *VERY* SPECIFIC wording that "NEW" = "Factory-sealed/Still in original packaging".

Anyhow, I received it C.I.B. *N.O.T.* factory-sealed.

Of course, I immediately complained to him & demanded a refund.

In a nutshell, what had happened was...after I'd placed the order, he added some script to this item's description to the effect of "this game has never been used/played - hence, since it's still in such great condition, it's a "new" game"  :o >:(

Even if this was there when I placed the order (...it wasn't - I'm someone who reads & re-reads everything *Very* carefully, especially when I'm spending money:) - it wouldn't have mattered, because...Amazon's T.O.S.; WTF, ass-hole?!

He was dead-set against refunding me.

I gave him some blisteringly harsh (but honest) negative feedback, warning other potential customers not to trust/buy from him.

Finally, he sent me my money back for the game...afterwards...I added a little new text (after getting my $ back:) to some comments of my own...to the effect of "at this point - once I do receive all of my money back...for the horrible & dishonest service & inconvenience I've endured...I'll be keeping both my refund AND THE C.I.B. Game that he'd sent me as "new"  ;D

I was really hoping to hear back from him/have him complain and/or make a big deal out of it...but, he (quite wisely:) did not!

scott

« Reply #444 on: March 09, 2013, 10:55:09 am »
Working 6 days a week sucks. Sure I have the extra hours to put towards living expenses and such. But I can never get to places that are open short hours on Saturdays. Mom and Pop shops aren't open on Sundays.  And if there is an event going on that starts early, I have to rush home and clean up and rush to where I need to be, and try not to be late.

For example. Today I had planned on hitting a Mom and Pop used record/cd store that has been around forever. I'd never heard of it before and I guess it's an awesome place. But I just called and they are open til 4pm and closed on Sunday. And during the week they have the same hours I do, so the only way I'll ever make it there is to take a Saturday off.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #445 on: March 09, 2013, 02:12:02 pm »
Damn, Scott - I know exactly what you mean from back when I used to be working so much - that it made it almost impossible and (at the least), very inconvenient to be able to get anywhere else that I'd need to be to take care of other things (*especially*) at places that were only Mon - Fri; 9:00 - 5:00 kinds of places :(

Well, about a week ago, I'd invited my g/f over...

My plans/intentions were to (as nicely, politely, and in-offensively as possible)...break things off with her.

It felt *Really* weird for me, because, this is truly, one of the very few "no-fault" break-ups that I've ever been through.

Seriously - I'd done nothing wrong, and...neither had she.

I guess, that what I'm stumbling around, clumsily trying to get across, is that -what it boiled-down to- is that I just *know* that she's not "THE" one.  On top of that, in spite of (yes, *still*) being pretty much, a hopeless romantic who's still set-on & still believes that (corny as it sounds & feels to even type
:-[

that my "soul mate" (aka "THE" one) *IS* out there -and- I'm not gonna' find her while I'm spending all of my time w/ some other girl  :o

*BUT*

She was sick as hell when she got here  :-\

So, instead of doing what I'd meant to...instead...I ended up helping her & taking care of her until she felt better.

And, even as socially inept & out-of-tune as I can be at times...I just knew that this wouldn't be a very nice and/or fair or pleasant time to handle this.

Not only that - I spent so much time helping her, that I missed-out on keeping-up w/ this (and my one other) "regular" site -which I *really* hate-, because there just seems to be so much shit that I've missed-out on & want to get caught-up with & current again on...and, it almost feels like "the "W" word" (read: work:) when there's just so, so very much that I'm wanting to read & respond to...all at once  ::)

Overwhelming, even  :o

At any rate, I've still got this situation to look forward to/deal with, next week now, I guess...

scott

« Reply #446 on: March 09, 2013, 02:20:34 pm »
Ha, just don't tell her she's "not the one". they don't like that much at all. hah Good Luck!

Also, ya. I basically run my family's business. So I'm always here, so unless my Dad is here (which isn't often anymore), I can't just bail and take a day off to do something. But... I know there has to be Doors vinyl in the store and I must have it!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #447 on: March 09, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »
I have given up on the fact that there is "the one". I dont think there is a girl out there that I totally vibe with. At all.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #448 on: March 09, 2013, 04:16:32 pm »
Ha, just don't tell her she's "not the one". they don't like that much at all.

Q.F.T.

I'm thinking that I should probably stay away from (*However true it may be*) -

"It's not you...it's me";

as well, huh?!

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

soera

« Reply #449 on: March 09, 2013, 04:22:58 pm »
I honestly think that no matter what you do, its going to be bad. If you said she did nothing wrong, I still cant see the reasoning behind the split. I had times where I split with girls for the stupidest reasons (one of them was breaking it off with this one girl cause she made some weird remark to a former friend of mine's little sister). You will eventually regret it and probably not be able to fix the problem when that time comes.