Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1566508 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4155 on: October 26, 2014, 12:09:08 pm »
To tell the truth, I only follow people to be cordial after they've already followed me. I pay no attention to that feed, though.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4156 on: October 26, 2014, 12:28:26 pm »
To tell the truth, I only follow people to be cordial after they've already followed me. I pay no attention to that feed, though.

Y'all don't need to be ashamed. I know you hang on everything I do. It's ok. I try to be a good example.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4157 on: October 26, 2014, 01:07:39 pm »
Hmmn...*I* found these pretty interesting...

"RPG's/General"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/rankings?platform=113&genre=257&list_type=diff&view_type=0&dlc=1&min_votes=0

"Strategy"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/rankings?platform=113&genre=45&list_type=diff&dlc=1&game_id=620232#18

Toughest PS3 games to Platinum - notice where...my favorite, Cross Edge is at  ;)

You can just change the genre + "update" at the top if you wanna look at different genres, too  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

cobraseph

« Reply #4158 on: October 26, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »
woooooow!!  :o he is a true video game crusader.
Indeed! I'm saving this to my personal favorites since his ideas about gaming were pretty cool, and the way he talks about his collection was also really interesting as well.

i couldn't resist and grabbed the video. I'm currently looking for info about him.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4159 on: October 26, 2014, 02:02:42 pm »
Seriously...where & how the fuck did I end up w/ soooo many doubles of games?  :o

I'll probably finish w/ PS3 today...and do whatever is still left...tomorrow; MADNESS, I tell ya!  :-\

davifus

« Reply #4160 on: October 26, 2014, 02:54:22 pm »
Seriously...where & how the fuck did I end up w/ soooo many doubles of games?  :o

I'll probably finish w/ PS3 today...and do whatever is still left...tomorrow; MADNESS, I tell ya!  :-\

Don't worry when I get some money. I'll glady take them all off your hand, so don't go selling everything off. Around 17 things im eyeing but god knows how much that will be  :-\
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:11:37 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4161 on: October 26, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »
No need to rush or hurry - I only have (1) Item spoken for & set aside for Deso...and I intentionally left that item off of that list 8)

davifus - If there's anything that you really want -and- you just don't have the cash for it now...just shoot me a PM & I can set it aside for ya' for later.

I just put those items in that sell list to keep track of + have all of my dupes in one place = I'm not in any rush to get rid of them and, it's not like I'm hard up or in need of quick cash, or anything = I've got no problem holding on to something for you ;)

tl;dr = I'm not actively trying to sell anything right now and I added everything to that list for organizational reasons more than anything else  :)

davifus

« Reply #4162 on: October 26, 2014, 03:56:16 pm »
No need to rush or hurry - I only have (1) Item spoken for & set aside for Deso...and I intentionally left that item off of that list 8)

davifus - If there's anything that you really want -and- you just don't have the cash for it now...just shoot me a PM & I can set it aside for ya' for later.

I just put those items in that sell list to keep track of + have all of my dupes in one place = I'm not in any rush to get rid of them and, it's not like I'm hard up or in need of quick cash, or anything = I've got no problem holding on to something for you ;)

tl;dr = I'm not actively trying to sell anything right now and I added everything to that list for organizational reasons more than anything else  :)

Alright, ill pm you later on the list for a rough PC and if you're willing to part with it. I probably get some of them split because I won't be able to afford all of them at once.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:59:17 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

foxhack

« Reply #4163 on: October 26, 2014, 07:51:59 pm »
I survived the con I mentioned the other day! I only made about fifty bucks though. People weren't buying anything. :(

And since nobody wanted those Star Trek games I've been trying to sell off for the past three years... guess I'll just keep 'em and add them to my collection. Blargh. :P

kashell

« Reply #4164 on: October 26, 2014, 07:59:09 pm »
The bad thing about great weekends is that they have to end. Ah well, that's life I suppose.

« Reply #4165 on: October 26, 2014, 10:21:44 pm »
The bad thing about great weekends is that they have to end. Ah well, that's life I suppose.

I know how you feel :/

My weekend wasn't particularly good, but it beats work. it always goes by too fast. Luckily I have Thanksgiving, the friday after and the weekend off in about a month, it can't come soon enough.

kashell

« Reply #4166 on: October 27, 2014, 08:08:11 am »

My weekend wasn't particularly good, but it beats work. it always goes by too fast. Luckily I have Thanksgiving, the friday after and the weekend off in about a month, it can't come soon enough.

My weekend was fantastic. We had a lovely Halloween party that had an even lovelier turn out. Some good friends drove from Atlanta for it. It was also an excuse for me to cosplay again.

Here's hoping Thanksgiving will be here sooner than later. ^^ It has always been my least favorite holiday, but time off from work is always a good thing.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4167 on: October 27, 2014, 09:01:54 am »

My weekend was fantastic. We had a lovely Halloween party that had an even lovelier turn out. Some good friends drove from Atlanta for it. It was also an excuse for me to cosplay again.

Here's hoping Thanksgiving will be here sooner than later. ^^ It has always been my least favorite holiday, but time off from work is always a good thing.

Cloudie make it?

Did you read my posts (ITT), about the Tears to Tiara 2 trophy list, and the links for the "Toughest Plats"?

Also...can you give me any tips/tell me your setup & how you went about getting that "100 Hit Chain" trophy in Ar no Surge?

It's the only one that's not looking like it's going to fall into my lap whilst playing the game. >:(

I'm glad that your little soireé of a shindig was such a success for you guys...I know that you've been planning & looking forward to it for a long time  ;D

What was the turnout # and, who'd you cosplay as? 8)

kashell

« Reply #4168 on: October 27, 2014, 10:41:52 am »
Nope, Cloud had to work. But he was there in spirit. The total was (IIRC) 30 people. I went as Loni Dunamis from Tales of Destiny 2. I already went as him during the convention in Atlanta, so I got to recycle the outfit for a second time.

I didn't see the post about Tears to Tiara II. When you say it's tough to platinum, what makes it so hard? Time? Difficulty? Certain games are hard because you need the right reflexes and skills to survive. I immediately think of earning the platinum in 3D Dot Game Heroes. Then there are games like Sorcery Saga that aren't particularly hard to platinum, but they are a major grind fest and just a test of patience. Finally, there are games like Star Ocean 4 that not only have tough challenges but they also have you grinding and farming for hours and hours. And hours. @_@ I'm still excited to dive into the game, though. Once I am done with Symphonia and Hearts, I might go with that. Or maybe Suikoden II. I'm still deciding.

The 100 hit chain trophy: First off, switch to Veteran mode so the enemies have more defense and HP. I used Earthes and Ion for this. Equip his O slot with cathodes that increase the usage of his attack by 1. Doing this will allow you to use the O command 4 times. Or maybe it was 5. Either way, get into a fight and wait for a group of five to seven enemies. By the time you reach it, you should also have a pretty high Harmonics Bar. Use O, followed by Triangle as much as you can. Then, use the R1 + Triangle combination until the bar runs out. You might kill a few enemies during this time. Killing a foe means an extra attack, so try to kill them with the O command.

That's what I did and I got the trophy no problem. Actually, I was able to do it on Hard mode. The only problem is that I can't recall where I did it. The final dungeons have 50 Waves, so you will have plenty of opportunities to get a big enemy group. Let me know if that works for you.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4169 on: October 27, 2014, 11:21:18 am »
Thanks for the tips, Kashy - I'll give that a try!

I wasn't saying that the "Tears to Tiara 2" plat was hard so much; more commenting on the nature of the makeup of its trophy list.

ITT, see post # 4142

the thing about trophy difficulty was a different & separate thing...

ITT, see post # 4157.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts ;D