Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1589300 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4230 on: October 29, 2014, 10:58:06 pm »
Yes he is, Angels should go get him!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

pacpix

« Reply #4231 on: October 30, 2014, 12:51:08 am »
Yes he is, Angels should go get him!
Let's keep him out of the AL West please, watching the Mariners bat is already bad enough as it is. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4232 on: October 30, 2014, 06:48:28 am »
Just saw

"Shurelia's Ending" in Ar no Surge; LMAO  ;D

Hoping to be able to plat the game sometime today or tomorrow, and move on to Tears to Tiara 2!

Well done! Shurelia's ending was the second of two permanently missable trophies. Post some first impressions if you can when you start up Tears to Tiara II.

Got everything yesterday except Ion's end + the plat...I'll be fixing that shortly  ;D

KASH, I'm gonna' give it a 3-4 out of ten for plat difficulty; you?

For an RPG, it's pretty basic, straightforward, and easy...I'm thinking that the only RPG I've ever platted any faster & easier than this one was Last Rebellion.

It's been awhile but - I seem to remember even AT Qoga's plat as being more frustrating + time consuming; thoughts?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4233 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:24 am »
Just saw

"Shurelia's Ending" in Ar no Surge; LMAO  ;D

Hoping to be able to plat the game sometime today or tomorrow, and move on to Tears to Tiara 2!

Well done! Shurelia's ending was the second of two permanently missable trophies. Post some first impressions if you can when you start up Tears to Tiara II.

Got everything yesterday except Ion's end + the plat...I'll be fixing that shortly  ;D

KASH, I'm gonna' give it a 3-4 out of ten for plat difficulty; you?

For an RPG, it's pretty basic, straightforward, and easy...I'm thinking that the only RPG I've ever platted any faster & easier than this one was Last Rebellion.

It's been awhile but - I seem to remember even AT Qoga's plat as being more frustrating + time consuming; thoughts?

4/10 sounds about right for the platinum. There was nothing too hard, but there was a lot of stuff to put up with. Also, the two missable trophies would have thrown anyone off without the help of a guide. In comparison to Qoga, Nosurge was much easier. That said, I enjoyed Qoga more because of the less confusing Cosmospheres and because of the characters. Ion was so damn annoying. >_<

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4234 on: October 30, 2014, 08:34:34 am »
Platted!

I found NAY, by far, to be the most annoying (probably followed by Prim).

Stereotypical as she was - I found myself liking Cass.

Plus...Sherelia's cuteness + bunnies + getting lost & flustered, Always = a win for me   ;D

Overall?

IMO, ~ a 6/10 that would probably get bumped another point or two, had I been able to play & understand the previous games.

argyle

« Reply #4235 on: October 30, 2014, 08:56:00 am »
Platted!

Plus...Sherelia's cuteness + bunnies + getting lost & flustered, Always = a win for me   ;D

Overall?

IMO, ~ a 6/10 that would probably get bumped another point or two, had I been able to play & understand the previous games.

I thought you had played all of the AT games?  ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4236 on: October 30, 2014, 09:24:32 am »
Platted!

Overall?

Yep, I've played all of the AT games...I was referring to the Ciel no surge games that never made it out of JP  ;)

argyle

« Reply #4237 on: October 30, 2014, 10:12:02 am »
Platted!

Overall?

Yep, I've played all of the AT games...I was referring to the Ciel no surge games that never made it out of JP  ;)

Oooohhhhh, I follow now. :) For a min there I was thinking, "Kenny hasn't played a NIS series? I thought I KNEW him!!!"  :o :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4238 on: October 30, 2014, 10:57:36 am »
Platted!

Overall?

Oooohhhhh, I follow now. :) For a min there I was thinking, "Kenny hasn't played a NIS series? I thought I KNEW him!!!"  :o :P

Understandable mistake :P

Noticed Lords of the Fallen (PS4) in your collect-a-pic; haven't heard anything about it...what/how is it?

Started or tried out Cross Edge yet?

Don't forget - when you play it - to snag the 4 (or was it 5?) FREE extra/bonus dungeon pieces of DLC, they'll be of great benefit to you and - WtF not...they are FREE, after all   ;)

Don't (IMO) waste or spend any of your money on any of the other DLC, though...it'll break the 1st 1/2 of the game for you -and- by the 2nd half...none of it will be good enough.

One of the biggest & most common issues that I've seen from people who are newer to the game is this:

"I've bought all of the DLC," (translation = I've spent more money buying Early game-breaking DLC than I did on the game itself:) "and I'm getting *slaughtered* in the mid & late game...and I have no idea why and/or wtf to do about it" (translation = Waaaaaaaaaaagh)!  :-[

What's the problem?

By making themselves so OP in the beginning, they're able to skate by, button mash, and pretty much 1HKO everything they encounter...without having ever really learned how all of the systems & mechanics work which, you'll need to do to be able to get through (much less *beat*) the game   :o

You've played -n- platted it too, right Kasherino - am I speaking words of truth & wisdom, or what?

kashell

« Reply #4239 on: October 30, 2014, 10:58:22 am »
Platted!

Overall?

Nay...I can't even remember which one that was. Prim was obnoxious, yes. Heck, all of them but Cass and Shurelia were pretty damn annoying.

Also, as far as I know, there is only one Ciel nosurge title. Did they make more than one?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4240 on: October 30, 2014, 11:12:12 am »
Platted!

Overall?

Nay...I can't even remember which one that was. Prim was obnoxious, yes. Heck, all of them but Cass and Shurelia were pretty damn annoying.

Also, as far as I know, there is only one Ciel nosurge title. Did they make more than one?

I guess that you're technically right about there only being one "game".

IIRC, the originally launched cart had episode # 1 (aka the "game") on it...followed by DLC releases of chapters 2-9 (I think); then, maybe a re-release of the 1st 4 or 5 chapters all on 1 cart?

Pretty sure that it was planned & intended to be (12?) episodes; maybe :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4241 on: October 30, 2014, 11:13:41 am »
Oh yeah, Nay = the girl that took over Delta's restaurant.

kashell

« Reply #4242 on: October 30, 2014, 11:45:54 am »
Oh yeah, Nay = the girl that took over Delta's restaurant.

Ah yes, her. How could I forget her plumber crack and 1980s hair style?

argyle

« Reply #4243 on: October 30, 2014, 11:53:56 am »
Platted!

Overall?

I guess that you're technically right about there only being one "game".

IIRC, the originally launched cart had episode # 1 (aka the "game") on it...followed by DLC releases of chapters 2-9 (I think); then, maybe a re-release of the 1st 4 or 5 chapters all on 1 cart?

Pretty sure that it was planned & intended to be (12?) episodes; maybe :P

Yes, I believe it was 12. Supposed a re-release was supposed to happen in Japan this fall that put all of the episodes on one cart. Not sure if it's out there yet or not, but I keep hoping that THAT one will get localized for us. :)

kashell

« Reply #4244 on: October 30, 2014, 02:37:36 pm »
While I would absolutely purchase Ciel nosurge in a heartbeat if it was localized, I doubt it would be as fun as any of the AT games. Based on what I read about it, it sounds like a simulation in which you have to physically scan bar codes in order to create Sharls. Ion will have the Sharls help her make items and this slowly but surely advances the plot. I read a story synopsis on the game somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for everyone.