Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1589299 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4215 on: October 29, 2014, 11:18:28 am »
Visual and light novels are...alright. The ones I have experienced were nice breaks from the usual gaming or anime watching. It was sort of somewhere in between but not enough to make me a fan for life.

Also, when I see VN I think of Vietnam. As a person in the sciences, seeing LN makes me think of natural log.

What, exactly, are the differences between Visual and Light novels?

One you can see, and the other doesn't weigh very much.

Visual and light novels are...alright. The ones I have experienced were nice breaks from the usual gaming or anime watching. It was sort of somewhere in between but not enough to make me a fan for life.

Also, when I see VN I think of Vietnam. As a person in the sciences, seeing LN makes me think of natural log.

I dont play a lot of VN or read LN. Usually ones that shows are adapted from.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

cobraseph

« Reply #4216 on: October 29, 2014, 11:55:51 am »
Not a fan of sports. I'd rather play them than watch them. Actually, I'd rather go to the dentist than watch sports. Also not a fan of beards. BUT! Good luck on the interview. XD

xD i'm with you brother.. no a fan either. the only muscles i work with are my brain and my gaming thumb lolz. but i do like my beard.. lolz

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm NOT an athlete. I haven't played sports since I was 13. I just grew up watching sports all the time, and I'm kind of a stat nerd.

my dad did everything to turn me like my brothers.. (the sport trophies of my family) the only sport i practiced while i was in school was judo and i did only because i liked a girl in that class. but in the end my mom won and made me a bookworm and 3/4 the geek she was back then. idk.. there was always such a high tension when i came to sports at home i started to dislike it. the only sport i can watch is martial arts.

Now we're talking! I <3 MMA.  I have Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class tonight.  I'm a fan of martial arts too.  Just not that points stuff.

Are you still into Judo at all?

yeah. since high school. but the last sensei i had retired 15 years ago. i am 7th dan. i started teaching our daughters in 2004. converted our 3rd garage into a small dojo at home. we still train every weekend. but is getting tough with my hpb and a unreliable back.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4217 on: October 29, 2014, 01:12:57 pm »
So, anyone else read that Jose Canseco shot off him finger when cleaning his gun??? (former baseball player)

What kind of jackass doesn't clear his gun before cleaning it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

cobraseph

« Reply #4218 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:52 pm »
So, anyone else read that Jose Canseco shot off him finger when cleaning his gun??? (former baseball player)

maybe that's what he claim.. but we all gun owners know better than that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4219 on: October 29, 2014, 01:25:23 pm »

Used to be my favorite player on my favorite team (A's). Until it came out he was a drunken wife-beater.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4220 on: October 29, 2014, 01:31:30 pm »
Just saw

"Shurelia's Ending" in Ar no Surge; LMAO  ;D

Hoping to be able to plat the game sometime today or tomorrow, and move on to Tears to Tiara 2!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4221 on: October 29, 2014, 01:43:14 pm »

What's the first thing you do when you pick up a gun?  Check to see if the damn thing is loaded.  Jackholes like this give gun owners a bad name.

kashell

« Reply #4222 on: October 29, 2014, 02:50:56 pm »
Just saw

"Shurelia's Ending" in Ar no Surge; LMAO  ;D

Hoping to be able to plat the game sometime today or tomorrow, and move on to Tears to Tiara 2!

Well done! Shurelia's ending was the second of two permanently missable trophies. Post some first impressions if you can when you start up Tears to Tiara II.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4223 on: October 29, 2014, 03:12:52 pm »
yeah. since high school. but the last sensei i had retired 15 years ago. i am 7th dan. i started teaching our daughters in 2004. converted our 3rd garage into a small dojo at home. we still train every weekend. but is getting tough with my hpb and a unreliable back.

Dude, I wish you were close to me.  I want to find a solid Judo dude to help me with my takedowns and throws.  I need someone who can teach me kuzushi.  I've read about it, but I can't get a full feel for it. 

cobraseph

« Reply #4224 on: October 29, 2014, 03:37:41 pm »

Dude, I wish you were close to me.  I want to find a solid Judo dude to help me with my takedowns and throws.  I need someone who can teach me kuzushi.  I've read about it, but I can't get a full feel for it.

that was my same problem. once the dojo on my hometown closed there was nowhere to train or practice.i hurt my back many times using heavy dummies and stretched sand bags. it almost blocked my stance and posture. have you tried looking for open competition dojos? they often let practitioners join to train even if they are not affiliated with them.. like sparing partners.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4225 on: October 29, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »

that was my same problem. once the dojo on my hometown closed there was nowhere to train or practice.i hurt my back many times using heavy dummies and stretched sand bags. it almost blocked my stance and posture. have you tried looking for open competition dojos? they often let practitioners join to train even if they are not affiliated with them.. like sparing partners.

We have my little Jiu Jitsu bunch and an MMA school around here.  Then there's a couple of "karate/McDojo" places, but I'm not looking to do katas.  It's the price I pay for living in rural Arkansas. 

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4226 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »

What's the first thing you do when you pick up a gun?  Check to see if the damn thing is loaded.  Jackholes like this give gun owners a bad name.

Jose Canseco basically gives a bad name to anything he does.

cobraseph

« Reply #4227 on: October 29, 2014, 08:04:28 pm »

We have my little Jiu Jitsu bunch and an MMA school around here.  Then there's a couple of "karate/McDojo" places, but I'm not looking to do katas.  It's the price I pay for living in rural Arkansas.

yeah i know what you mean. lolz @Mcdojos. i am in the same boat.. rural town. worst for me because we live in the outskirts. there are a bunch of mixed martial arts schools on other towns. but not a single judo school.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4228 on: October 29, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »
Come on Royal!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4229 on: October 29, 2014, 10:47:43 pm »
Madison Bumgarner is a fucking monster