Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582632 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5670 on: January 21, 2015, 11:29:46 am »
lemme know - this one's still recent enough for me to remember wtf I'm talking about if you have questions/need help!

How many hours to platinum? It looks like well over 200.

I'd say it took me around 150, or so

*BUT*

keep in mind that when I started it - there were no tips, guides, FAQs, help topics, videos, etc.

With all the references, guides & videos that there are for it now *and* had I read these, knew what I know now, and been able to know & plan out the optimal & most efficient ways for streamlining a trophy playthrough...I could have (and you could) have easily cut that down to, I'd say, 75 to 100; no problemo, hermano  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5671 on: January 21, 2015, 01:09:33 pm »
Going to Thailand this summer are there any cool Thai games I need to be aware of, or cool Asian exclusive DC, Saturn, PS1 or PS2 games or something XD Let me know if they are cheap I can bring some for VGcollect-users XD

I'm fairly sure all you'll find over there are bootleg games. :P

There may be some neat famiclone pirate carts though.

Nope they got some stores in Bangkok where you can buy american and japanese saturn, DC and playstation games ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

kashell

« Reply #5672 on: January 21, 2015, 02:32:52 pm »
lemme know - this one's still recent enough for me to remember wtf I'm talking about if you have questions/need help!

*BUT*

keep in mind that when I started it - there were no tips, guides, FAQs, help topics, videos, etc.

With all the references, guides & videos that there are for it now *and* had I read these, knew what I know now, and been able to know & plan out the optimal & most efficient ways for streamlining a trophy playthrough...I could have (and you could) have easily cut that down to, I'd say, 75 to 100; no problemo, hermano  ;)

Tales of Zestiria doesn't come out until summer, so that gives me plenty of time to get it (and maybe one more heavy RPG) done. I'm glad that you'll be around to answer any questions I might have because this certainly looks like an intense title. @_@

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5673 on: January 21, 2015, 02:48:07 pm »

*BUT*

Tales of Zestiria doesn't come out until summer, so that gives me plenty of time to get it (and maybe one more heavy RPG) done. I'm glad that you'll be around to answer any questions I might have because this certainly looks like an intense title. @_@

Awesome!

I'd really be amazed if you don't really like it too  ;D

argyle

« Reply #5674 on: January 21, 2015, 02:55:53 pm »

*BUT*

I started to ask if they've given Zesteria a NA release date, but you're importing aren't you?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #5675 on: January 21, 2015, 03:09:40 pm »
I think I need to befriend someone from Japan. My girlfriend subscribed to Japan Crate so we get all this awesome Japanese candy, but my favorite is definitely Puccho. I need to get my hands lots more of that stuff!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5676 on: January 21, 2015, 03:56:33 pm »
Nah, I'm not importing. Although, I have done it before many times for the Tales series or something related to it like Namco X Capcom. Good things come to those who wait, so I'll be happy waiting for Tales of Zesteria knowing I won't have to refer to my kanji dictionary when a character pops up that I don't recognize.

For those that played it, how long is Suikoden V?

argyle

« Reply #5677 on: January 21, 2015, 05:07:30 pm »
Nah, I'm not importing. Although, I have done it before many times for the Tales series or something related to it like Namco X Capcom. Good things come to those who wait, so I'll be happy waiting for Tales of Zesteria knowing I won't have to refer to my kanji dictionary when a character pops up that I don't recognize.

For those that played it, how long is Suikoden V?

A pretty decent length if I recall - I'd say 60-70 hours assuming you're going for all 108 stars. Excellent game btw, my second favorite in the series just barely below 2.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #5678 on: January 21, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »
I think I need to befriend someone from Japan. My girlfriend subscribed to Japan Crate so we get all this awesome Japanese candy, but my favorite is definitely Puccho. I need to get my hands lots more of that stuff!

A few shops around my area sell Puccho.  Puccho and Hi-Chews are getting pretty popular in my area, showing up at places like Safeway and such O.o  Let me know if you need any help tracking down a flavor!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #5679 on: January 21, 2015, 08:27:18 pm »

A few shops around my area sell Puccho.  Puccho and Hi-Chews are getting pretty popular in my area, showing up at places like Safeway and such O.o  Let me know if you need any help tracking down a flavor!
Oh man lucky! Those are the best. I may definitely hit you up for that :D.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5680 on: January 22, 2015, 08:05:49 am »
A pretty decent length if I recall - I'd say 60-70 hours assuming you're going for all 108 stars. Excellent game btw, my second favorite in the series just barely below 2.

I liked 2 a bunch, but I didn't get that "wow factor" that others seemed to. That said, I'm pretty excited to start Suikoden V since I hear nothing but good things about it. That's a really long campaign. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm debating on that, Final Fantasy XII or Dark Cloud 2. And of course, Tears to Tiara II is an option as well.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that everyone got to level 99, but not all at once. However, as soon as everyone but Threia and Lucille reached level 99, the trophy popped up. So, you don't need everyone at 99 for the trophy. I've been debating about whether or not to try to find a material with the Jumbo Enhance property for one of Logy's best items, but I might go for the final boss trophy now and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:12:11 am by kashell »

kashell

« Reply #5681 on: January 23, 2015, 08:42:01 am »
Alright! Atelier Escha and Logy has been fully completed. I know that Tears to Tiara 2 is dark's choice, and I'm really leaning towards it, but I'm really tempted to -FINALLY- start up either Suikoden V or FF XII. Decisions, decisions.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5682 on: January 23, 2015, 08:51:01 am »
Alright! Atelier Escha and Logy has been fully completed. I know that Tears to Tiara 2 is dark's choice, and I'm really leaning towards it, but I'm really tempted to -FINALLY- start up either Suikoden V or FF XII. Decisions, decisions.

Funny that you'd been thinking & typing this...at the same instant that I was thinking & typing your PM; hmmn?

I'd call it a sign, omen, pre-destination; hell - call it wtf you like...just listen, acknowledge, and pay attention to & listen to it :P

kashell

« Reply #5683 on: January 23, 2015, 09:12:41 am »

Funny that you'd been thinking & typing this...at the same instant that I was thinking & typing your PM; hmmn?

I'd call it a sign, omen, pre-destination; hell - call it wtf you like...just listen, acknowledge, and pay attention to & listen to it :P

I call it destiny. If a book were to be written about it, it might be titled Tales of...Destiny.

argyle

« Reply #5684 on: January 23, 2015, 09:53:58 am »
I'm torn between starting Lightning Returns or Tales of Xillia 2. Can't decide - slightly leaning towards Tales, but it could almost be a coin toss for me at this point.  :-\