Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1565625 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5895 on: February 09, 2015, 12:04:01 pm »
Does anyone know that there's NOT just a corresponding A, B, and C manual that pairs up with the A, B, and C art variants/item # suffixes?

As in 3 variants instead of 6...

I know, I know - I should know better than applying + using logic & simplification on games/gamers and collections/collectors
:P

nobody else has any thoughts on this?!

The image desocietas posted came from NeoGAF and Gaijinworks - if there were more variants, those two places would've unearthed them by now.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5896 on: February 09, 2015, 12:51:14 pm »
yah, i thought that there was some confusion about there possibly being up to 6 variants...

in other news:

the crazy's back on me again, in a big way -

i'm going for the CoH2G platinum ::)

that 'kill 50k monsters' one is just plain, old mean :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5897 on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:42 pm »
yah, i thought that there was some confusion about there possibly being up to 6 variants...

in other news:

Do you think it will be even more time consuming than the Tears to Tiara II plat?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #5898 on: February 09, 2015, 02:03:05 pm »

in other news:

When I saw that number, I started having flashbacks from when I went for the platinum in Star Ocean 4. @__@

Best of luck to you!!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5899 on: February 09, 2015, 02:16:25 pm »

in other news:

Do you think it will be even more time consuming than the Tears to Tiara II plat?

Yes.

But, there's a big difference.

The 'time' in TtT2, was all rewarding, challenging, and immersive -but- the 'time' in CoH2G (after all else is said -n- done) will end up tacking on an extra few days of boring, monotonous, grindy (ie: time to do like kash & multi-task/maybe play another game on a handheld, or something) whilst repeating the same thing over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

again.

That's something that I loved in Cross Edge -and- I just don't 'get' why other games that are heavily dependent on fighting & killing monsters (for trophies, money, materials, etc), won't/don't implement the same thing - and that's having a button/menu option to start a battle - anywhere & anytime, and however many times you want to...instead of having to roam around looking & waiting for random encounters to trigger :-\

Also, I played & platted TtT2 before any of the FAQs, videos, walkthroughs, tips, tricks, and exploits that there's now an abundance of existed.

It probably just about doubled my time to plat it but, again - it felt much more rewarding  ;D

You still playing and/or liking the game, abe?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:19:59 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5900 on: February 09, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »

in other news:

Yes.

But, there's a big difference.

The 'time' in TtT2, was all rewarding, challenging, and immersive -but- the 'time' in CoH2G (after all else is said -n- done) will end up tacking on an extra few days of boring, monotonous, grindy (ie: time to do like kash & multi-task/maybe play another game on a handheld, or something) whilst repeating the same thing over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

...and over...

again.

That's something that I loved in Cross Edge -and- I just don't 'get' why other games that are heavily dependent on fighting & killing monsters (for trophies, money, materials, etc), won't/don't implement the same thing - and that's having a button/menu option to start a battle - anywhere & anytime, and however many times you want to...instead of having to roam around looking & waiting for random encounters to trigger :-\

Also, I played & platted TtT2 before any of the FAQs, videos, walkthroughs, tips, tricks, and exploits that there's now an abundance of existed.

It probably just about doubled my time to plat it but, again - it felt much more rewarding  ;D

You still playing and/or liking the game, abe?

Unfortunately not. I still haven't played since my PS3 froze when I tried playing it the first time. :-[ I really mean to get back to playing it, but just haven't given it the time lately. :'(

bobster

« Reply #5901 on: February 09, 2015, 03:43:04 pm »
For those who didn't know what Biking as referring earlier about Sega (like myself), I found this article that talks about some stuff they announced.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/01/sega-cuts-hundreds-of-jobs-in-pcmobile-focused-restructuring/
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5902 on: February 09, 2015, 04:05:54 pm »
For those who didn't know what Biking as referring earlier about Sega (like myself), I found this article that talks about some stuff they announced.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/01/sega-cuts-hundreds-of-jobs-in-pcmobile-focused-restructuring/

Wow, how sad. I hope someone acquires some of their IPs, and that someone does more with them than just make more Sonic games.

kashell

« Reply #5903 on: February 09, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

I was never a fan of things like Sonic or Virtua Fighter, but I still admired the company. All of their consoles that I own have fantastic titles and I am very proud to own them. Here's hoping someone picks up their stuff. I'll be damned if the next Hatsune Miku title is an F2P cell phone piece of crap title.

abe

« Reply #5904 on: February 09, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »

I was never a fan of things like Sonic or Virtua Fighter, but I still admired the company. All of their consoles that I own have fantastic titles and I am very proud to own them. Here's hoping someone picks up their stuff. I'll be damned if the next Hatsune Miku title is an F2P cell phone piece of crap title.

This is what I'm worried about the most. :'(

« Reply #5905 on: February 09, 2015, 07:50:35 pm »

I will riot if this happens!!!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5906 on: February 09, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »
I REALLY hope someone picks up their IPs, and that someone does something more than just make more Sonic games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5907 on: February 09, 2015, 07:56:05 pm »
^ Damn, I'm talking about this in more than one spot on the interwebz. Sorry, that was double post. If a mod would be so kind to delete that for me, please.

foxhack

« Reply #5908 on: February 09, 2015, 09:34:28 pm »
Sega actually makes a huge amount of money from PC game sales - Valkyria Chronicles sold millions of copies, the Total War and Football Manager series always sell at least a million copies every year, and they've had some recent hits like Typing of the Dead Overkill (which sold well enough, at least.)

But they've also had some real stinkers: Buying Relic Entertainment for 26 million dollars, buying Index / Atlus for 14 Billion Yen, the Gearbox fiasco with Aliens Colonial Marines, Company of Heroes 2 being ridiculously over the top about DLC crap, their refusal to localize games that people want, and the Warhammer license are probably the reasons why they're having so much financial trouble.

They bit way more than they could chew.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5909 on: February 09, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »
so I wonder where they're gonna bury their unsold copies of Sonic Boom?