Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1565716 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5880 on: February 06, 2015, 11:42:59 pm »
So I went to Goodwill today. First thing I did, as always, is go straight to the glass-case at the front. What do I see? A copy of Extreme G for N64. Cool, I've been wanting that one. But wait a minute, what is this? I kid you not, they had a $60 price-tag on Extreme G for N64. I astonishinly ask the lady, "Why is this game is $60?" She tells me they looked it up and it was going for $100 so they priced it at $60. I assured her that it's quite the common game, in fact that it's about as cheap as cheap gets when it comes to video games. She didn't budge. I then assured her and mentioned that I've been collecting classic games and consoles for years. She rolled her eyes and went back to what she was doing.

Wow, good luck selling that.

At least you get to purchase and get them right away...  Here in Washington State, the hard-to-find ones are being sold only on eBay.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5881 on: February 06, 2015, 11:44:15 pm »
So I've recently been playing through Twilight Princess with a friend and we both had days off today so I went over to play. And after a good 4 or 5 hours of playing the power went out and we had not been actively saving (I don't know why) and we lost all the progress from today. I wanted to bang my head against a wall... As much love as I have for that series as a whole, I will say it's not a game that makes you want to replay levels right after completing them. We literally just beat the death mountain dungeon right before the power went out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5882 on: February 06, 2015, 11:47:42 pm »
So I went to Goodwill today. First thing I did, as always, is go straight to the glass-case at the front. What do I see? A copy of Extreme G for N64. Cool, I've been wanting that one. But wait a minute, what is this? I kid you not, they had a $60 price-tag on Extreme G for N64. I astonishinly ask the lady, "Why is this game is $60?" She tells me they looked it up and it was going for $100 so they priced it at $60. I assured her that it's quite the common game, in fact that it's about as cheap as cheap gets when it comes to video games. She didn't budge. I then assured her and mentioned that I've been collecting classic games and consoles for years. She rolled her eyes and went back to what she was doing.

Wow, good luck selling that.

At least you get to purchase and get them right away...  Here in Washington State, the hard-to-find ones are being sold only on eBay.

Well, I'd wait for the shipping time for the $5 it goes for online vs. $60 instant gratification. I'm not sure where they got their $100 number from, unless they were looking at sealed copies or something. Theirs wasn't, it was just the cartridge.

And N64 games aren't exactly common at my Goodwill. They come in from time-to-time. But most of the time it's PS2, XBox, PC, and some PS1 on the shelves. I'm starting to see some Wii stuff pretty regularly, too. Which I go for those, too.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:14:44 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #5883 on: February 07, 2015, 12:11:11 am »
Sega is completely and utterly dead. Such a very sad time. I guess we all knew it was heading in this direction :/

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5884 on: February 07, 2015, 06:49:39 am »
Does anyone know that there's NOT just a corresponding A, B, and C manual that pairs up with the A, B, and C art variants/item # suffixes?

As in 3 variants instead of 6...

I know, I know - I should know better than applying + using logic & simplification on games/gamers and collections/collectors :P

And yeah - my ocd's not to the 'gotta catch, get, and/or have em all' level 8)

*EDIT*

Lulz @ a topic of mine be read > 100k times :o

Isn't/shouldn't there be a pretty, shiny, & unique badge for that, Matt?!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:07:52 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5885 on: February 07, 2015, 04:36:47 pm »
Sega is completely and utterly dead. Such a very sad time. I guess we all knew it was heading in this direction :/

Why are they completely and utterly dead just now? Things have been going downhill for Sega for a while now. Did I miss some important news? ???
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #5886 on: February 07, 2015, 04:57:52 pm »

Why are they completely and utterly dead just now? Things have been going downhill for Sega for a while now. Did I miss some important news? ???
They're pretty much restructuring most of their core business towards the digital pc/ smartphone market.

abe

« Reply #5887 on: February 07, 2015, 05:07:42 pm »

They're pretty much restructuring most of their core business towards the digital pc/ smartphone market.

Wow. Yep, pretty much the end of the line for Sega then. I hope this won't affect any upcoming Hatsune Miku games. :'(

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5888 on: February 07, 2015, 07:55:19 pm »
So I went bowling for the first time in years with a bunch of co-workers for a fundraiser, and somehow I threw the ball behind me... also they close our lanes during the third game which was going to br my best game.

« Reply #5889 on: February 07, 2015, 08:13:05 pm »

This. At this point there is little hope we'll see anything substantial from Sega outside the PC/mobile market, meaning they will eventually just fade away. The only hope "Sega" has is if someone buys up their IPs like what happened with THQ and actually does something good with them.

maximo310

« Reply #5890 on: February 07, 2015, 10:55:59 pm »

This. At this point there is little hope we'll see anything substantial from Sega outside the PC/mobile market, meaning they will eventually just fade away. The only hope "Sega" has is if someone buys up their IPs like what happened with THQ and actually does something good with them.
Yeah, I'm pretty saddened at how much they have managed to screw up most of their business decisions and get to this point. I've only seen them announce 5 games coming out this year, one of them being the translated version of Yakuza 5 ( only console release), and another being that new Sonic Runners game for mobile. I think that it is impossible for Sega to avoid dying as a company at the moment; I don't see them bouncing back from this.

davifus

« Reply #5891 on: February 08, 2015, 01:33:09 am »
Woooowoww I get cake next to my age. Kool Beans
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #5892 on: February 09, 2015, 07:59:20 am »
abe: I love your GIF avatars! Did you make them yourself?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5893 on: February 09, 2015, 09:30:59 am »
Does anyone know that there's NOT just a corresponding A, B, and C manual that pairs up with the A, B, and C art variants/item # suffixes?

As in 3 variants instead of 6...

I know, I know - I should know better than applying + using logic & simplification on games/gamers and collections/collectors
:P

nobody else has any thoughts on this?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5894 on: February 09, 2015, 10:29:26 am »
abe: I love your GIF avatars! Did you make them yourself?

Thanks. :) I don't make them myself. I just Google gifs for whatever games I like, and and spend a few minutes looking for one suitable for an avatar. I wish I knew how to make gifs. :-[