Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664378 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6675 on: April 01, 2015, 03:40:46 pm »
The article I posted was really...tame(?) in comparison to the some of the more extreme ones out there regarding all of the hoopla that's been going on in the world today. I think anyone with common sense wouldn't post something super controversial or sensational on here since this community is pretty laid back. ^^

And now for something completely different!

I can't stand April Fool's day. I think it's so pointless. I still haven't visited a certain website since they made a real low-blow joke about Tales of Graces.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #6676 on: April 01, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »
Uhm.. if you dislike April Fools day jokes then I have a post on here to delete...

kashell

« Reply #6677 on: April 01, 2015, 03:48:34 pm »
Uhm.. if you dislike April Fools day jokes then I have a post on here to delete...

You don't need to delete anything; I'm just giving my two cents regarding this "holiday." Even as a kid, I never understood the point of it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6678 on: April 01, 2015, 03:55:36 pm »

You don't need to delete anything; I'm just giving my two cents regarding this "holiday." Even as a kid, I never understood the point of it.

I think we know who the fool was when you were a kid, lol.

kashell

« Reply #6679 on: April 01, 2015, 04:05:26 pm »

Indeed. The one who was considered the "fooler."

argyle

« Reply #6680 on: April 01, 2015, 04:48:06 pm »
I can't stand April Fool's day. I think it's so pointless. I still haven't visited a certain website since they made a real low-blow joke about Tales of Graces.

I'm with you, it's a very stupid "holiday". I'm OK with really obvious fun stuff - Google lets you play Pac-Man on Google Maps, sure, that's cool. The Dying Light devs made the physics in the game exaggerated for today only - again, fun. But trying to "fool" anyone to believe a lie is actual news, especially if you're a website that one would think would like to engender some kind of trust with your audience? That's just stupid IMHO.

But what was the Graces thing? I don't remember coming across that one in the past.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #6681 on: April 01, 2015, 05:39:35 pm »
I didn't think this really needed a new thread, and figured it would get more attention here so I'll ask... Does anyone know where in the database you'd add Asian region PSP games? I just got some in the mail and want to add them, but I'm not sure where to put them. On the back of their boxes they say that they're region 3. Any help would be appreciated. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6682 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:25 pm »

Indeed. The one who was considered the "fooler."

Tread carefully, friends!

Bear in mind that...

...you can't get from the beginning to the end of

"kasHell" -

w/o 'going through'...

...Hell  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #6683 on: April 01, 2015, 08:15:30 pm »
So FFT has taught me to use items in an RPG.

Does everyone else hold onto items forever in RPGs? How can I break this curse? I feel like I may be missing out on getting a full experience and may be over-leveling by not using items. Anyone have suggestions for other games that will teach my stingy-ass to not save up for nothing?

Lol, yup, I'm terrible about using consumables.  I'm always worried that I'll use them at the wrong time or waste them somehow.  I especially don't use items that do things like "increases party's fire defense temporarily."  I just never think to use stuff like that...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #6684 on: April 01, 2015, 08:21:40 pm »
I didn't think this really needed a new thread, and figured it would get more attention here so I'll ask... Does anyone know where in the database you'd add Asian region PSP games? I just got some in the mail and want to add them, but I'm not sure where to put them. On the back of their boxes they say that they're region 3. Any help would be appreciated. :)

What Asian country are they from?  We have
PlayStation Portable [CN]    http://vgcollect.com/browse/pspcn
PlayStation Portable [JP]     http://vgcollect.com/browse/pspjp
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #6685 on: April 01, 2015, 08:41:06 pm »

Both of them were printed in Hong Kong according to their packaging. I bought them from Play-Asia, which is based in Hong Kong, so it makes sense that they'd be made there. Would that mean they'd technically go under the Chinese section, since Hong Kong is sorta kinda part of China (even if it's got its own separate government). ???

desocietas

« Reply #6686 on: April 01, 2015, 08:45:20 pm »

Both of them were printed in Hong Kong according to their packaging. I bought them from Play-Asia, which is based in Hong Kong, so it makes sense that they'd be made there. Would that mean they'd technically go under the Chinese section, since Hong Kong is sorta kinda part of China (even if it's got its own separate government). ???

Yeah, Hong Kong is technically China now that the British lease of the city is over.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #6687 on: April 01, 2015, 09:27:49 pm »

Yeah, Hong Kong is technically China now that the British lease of the city is over.

Thanks for the help. :) I've added them to the database (and my collection). Now there's three whole games in the entire PSP [CN] section of the database. :P

soera

« Reply #6688 on: April 01, 2015, 10:21:06 pm »
Have you guys seen this? This looks awesome!

Man .......................

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6689 on: April 02, 2015, 01:05:45 am »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730