Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1665527 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7095 on: May 12, 2015, 11:38:26 am »
Speaking of, I don't think I mentioned it on here, but on Friday I accepted a job offer   :D. I start on Monday. I'm rushing to get as much game time in as I can now lol.

Congratulations on that.  What are you going to be doing?

kashell

« Reply #7096 on: May 12, 2015, 11:57:52 am »
Congrats, bobster!!!

bobster

« Reply #7097 on: May 12, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »
Thanks everyone! I'm pretty pumped for this new job.

I'm going to be a Systems Administrator for a Non-profit called the Center for Independent Living. It helps the disabled and elderly with basically anything they need to be able to live full lives. Rides to places, finding contractors to install ramps or grab bars, a budgeting and timesheet web program for finances and in-home care. Stuff like that. It sounds like a really nice place to work for. Guess we'll see! Either way, it's a step up in pay and experience, as I'll be supporting between 50-100 workers in multiple states, so it should be good for me :D.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7098 on: May 12, 2015, 04:31:27 pm »
So who is editing my posts? Not cool at all. I don't like people putting words in my mouth. And no, it wasn't anything that needed to be edited. Someone changed my opinion about Daniel Bryan in the wrestling thread from not liking him, to saying he's the most underrated wrestler in the last few years.

desocietas

« Reply #7099 on: May 12, 2015, 04:35:27 pm »
So who is editing my posts? Not cool at all. I don't like people putting words in my mouth. And no, it wasn't anything that needed to be edited. Someone changed my opinion about Daniel Bryan in the wrestling thread from not liking him, to saying he's the most underrated wrestler in the last few years.

Hm? That's odd.  I'd say message one of the admins/mods and see if they know anything about it.  I don't know why any of them would do that unless they're really, really good friends with you and are trolling you.  But even then, it's not good to abuse powers like that.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #7100 on: May 12, 2015, 05:14:34 pm »

... what the crap?

When anyone edits a post, it usually shows who did the last edit, like this. You can see the bottom of the post says " « Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:21:46 pm by foxhack » "

I only edit posts when it's absolutely necessary due to moderation issues or when a post is breaking the forum due to something like an oversized image. I have no idea who made those changes, but it wasn't me.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7101 on: May 12, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »

... what the crap?

When anyone edits a post, it usually shows who did the last edit, like this. You can see the bottom of the post says " « Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:21:46 pm by foxhack » "

I only edit posts when it's absolutely necessary due to moderation issues or when a post is breaking the forum due to something like an oversized image. I have no idea who made those changes, but it wasn't me.

Shouldn't there be a log of edits somewhere?

foxhack

« Reply #7102 on: May 12, 2015, 05:48:41 pm »
Shouldn't there be a log of edits somewhere?

You'd think, but that's not available to me. If anyone would know where that is, it'd be matt.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7103 on: May 12, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »
It's not that big of a deal to drag Matt into an investigation, as long as it's not continuing.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7104 on: May 12, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »
That is really strange.... A mod is clearly having fun with you or something.....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #7105 on: May 12, 2015, 08:40:26 pm »

I'm going to be a Systems Administrator for a Non-profit called the Center for Independent Living. It helps the disabled and elderly with basically anything they need to be able to live full lives. Rides to places, finding contractors to install ramps or grab bars, a budgeting and timesheet web program for finances and in-home care. Stuff like that. It sounds like a really nice place to work for. Guess we'll see! Either way, it's a step up in pay and experience, as I'll be supporting between 50-100 workers in multiple states, so it should be good for me :D.

Awesome, congratulations! :D I hope it's a job you'll like doing. Nothing beats liking what you do for a living!

pacpix

« Reply #7106 on: May 13, 2015, 01:30:19 am »

Congrats bobster!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #7107 on: May 13, 2015, 08:12:41 am »

Behavior like that reminds me of GameFAQs.com. People let power go to their heads.

So, Luna has become my favorite character in Luminous Arc 2. Big hair, big lashes, big personality and big magic damage. I wish she was real so we could be BFFs in real life.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7108 on: May 13, 2015, 08:53:05 am »

Did you post from a phone?  Autocorrect might have got you.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7109 on: May 13, 2015, 01:08:16 pm »

Did you post from a phone?  Autocorrect might have got you.

I did post from my Wii U gamepad, it might have done the same.