Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600914 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8295 on: October 04, 2015, 02:48:10 pm »
Football, football, football!!! I never understood it. It's like NASCAR. In fact it's like watching any sport, what do people get out of it? Drunk? Is it really about beer and gambling? And this fantasy football stuff, it's like they take football and turn it into some twisted turn based strategy... in other words, Hell.

Fantasy sports teams are just Dungeons & Dragons made for the people who use to beat up people who played Dungeons & Dragons it's just a weird way to get back at those people.

I never understood FF either, people are always wantign me to play, and i am like why? Doesn't interest me at all.... And I am a football fan. People say oh you can win money, but i dont gamble.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

davifus

« Reply #8296 on: October 04, 2015, 05:32:14 pm »
21-48

4-0!
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8297 on: October 05, 2015, 11:18:15 am »
I can tell you Hyrule Warriors with the Link Amiibo unlocks a new weapon. Thats enough new gameplay to warrant it for me.

All Zelda series amiibo will give you a random weapon, but they don't unlock anything new, they just give you weapons that you could have anyway.

No, link gives you the spinning top which you can't unlock in game IIRC

karyann

« Reply #8298 on: October 05, 2015, 12:50:46 pm »

No, link gives you the spinning top which you can't unlock in game IIRC

Oh, I think you're right indeed! Once it's unlocked it can give different weapons, so I had forgotten about that, sorry. Pretty sure though that he's the only one to give a new weapon.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8299 on: October 05, 2015, 06:06:33 pm »
Gotta love getting stiffed by people who claim they're "good Christians", after you do work for them and they tell you to get lost. I've come to recognize the whole rhetoric about being a 'good' whatever to any faith as being just a guilty conscience failing to hide the inner ugliness of the person spouting it. Will avoid these people at all costs next time. They're hypocrites and it's so very obvious.

kashell

« Reply #8300 on: October 06, 2015, 08:04:16 am »
Gotta love getting stiffed by people who claim they're "good Christians", after you do work for them and they tell you to get lost. I've come to recognize the whole rhetoric about being a 'good' whatever to any faith as being just a guilty conscience failing to hide the inner ugliness of the person spouting it. Will avoid these people at all costs next time. They're hypocrites and it's so very obvious.

Word. I know exactly what you mean; people like that are terrible.

desocietas

« Reply #8301 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:39 am »

Word. I know exactly what you mean; people like that are terrible.

In my bf's twitch stream last night, someone came by and was being weird (not really commenting on the game and talking to no one, really) and tried to be funny by remarking on the different colored usernames in chat with "so many colors! D: ... Gaaaaaaay *smug face*"

Since they were new, I purged them as I didn't want to condone any negative use of that particular word.  They went silent and then started talking about fifteen minutes later, calling us thin-skinned and that they had just come back from a tour in Iraq and that we should all get in touch with reality. I told them that they should respect the rules of the channel and that they did not receive any real punishment at all for their remarks. They spouted off on the 1st Amendment, and I told them that coming in to someone else's channel was like visiting someone else's house, and that they should respect the rules.  Their reply was to start calling us things like "fat loser" and "basement dweller" and "virgin"... *shakes head*  I told them that they shouldn't shame the people who fall under any of those "names" and then he was banned.

I just don't understand people on the internet sometimes.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #8302 on: October 06, 2015, 11:40:57 am »
For someone that claims to have done military service, seems like he/she is the one that needs to get in touch with reality... I would be more inclined to say that he was a troll, but there certainly are people like that on the internet, just looking to stir up trouble ???

I honestly don't see what the problem is with you trying to establish rules to promote a certain atmosphere for your streams. If they don't like the rules, they don't have to watch it. I'm sorry that happened though, I'm sure it was not a fun situation  :-\
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #8303 on: October 06, 2015, 11:49:48 am »

I've never claimed to be a "good Christian" like so many others, but I sure do live a better life than them!  The people who talk about "the good Lord" all the time are the ones constantly being drunkards, fighting, lying, cheating on their spouses and what have you. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #8304 on: October 06, 2015, 11:57:09 am »
For someone that claims to have done military service, seems like he/she is the one that needs to get in touch with reality... I would be more inclined to say that he was a troll, but there certainly are people like that on the internet, just looking to stir up trouble ???

I honestly don't see what the problem is with you trying to establish rules to promote a certain atmosphere for your streams. If they don't like the rules, they don't have to watch it. I'm sorry that happened though, I'm sure it was not a fun situation  :-\

We try to laugh it off as trolls come by in spades.  Thankfully it was a minor incident - sometimes they can be way more harassing  :-[  Someone else came by the chat and called us "autistics" because we were excitedly talking about some new Collector's Editions coming out. *shakes head*  I'm not sure where people come up with these "insults." They're not offending us, and it only promotes shaming of folks on the autism spectrum.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #8305 on: October 06, 2015, 12:15:59 pm »
Someone else came by the chat and called us "autistics" because we were excitedly talking about some new Collector's Editions coming out. *shakes head*  I'm not sure where people come up with these "insults." They're not offending us, and it only promotes shaming of folks on the autism spectrum.

Sounds like 4chan.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8306 on: October 06, 2015, 12:21:04 pm »

I've never claimed to be a "good Christian" like so many others, but I sure do live a better life than them!  The people who talk about "the good Lord" all the time are the ones constantly being drunkards, fighting, lying, cheating on their spouses and what have you.

That's no better than saying all black people are gang bangers. There's good Christian people, and there's bad Christian people. Just like any other group of people.

I can assure you that people like The Westboro Baptists are extremists and don't represent us all. Those people have long forgotten the teaching, "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself."

gf78

« Reply #8307 on: October 06, 2015, 12:41:05 pm »
That's no better than saying all black people are gang bangers. There's good Christian people, and there's bad Christian people. Just like any other group of people.

I can assure you that people like The Westboro Baptists are extremists and don't represent us all. Those people have long forgotten the teaching, "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself."

I was speaking of my personal experiences.  Of course not all Christians are bad people, that would be ridiculous and completely untrue.  But the ones that run around praising the good Lord all the time and make sure to vocally let you know on a regular basis that they are Christian in my own personal experience are the biggest hypocrites in the world.  They cheat, steal, lie and try to make everyone else who they deem beneath them feel like shit. 

On the flipside, I know a lot of good people who go to  church and live good lives.  Through normal conversation and encounters I know they are Christians, but they never try to make themselves seem better than me and are generally caring individuals. 

My statement was basically that I don't go to church on a regular basis nor do I speak about God to people.  And all that shit that these hypocrites run around doing, they think is magically absolved because they sit in a pew for an hour on Sunday.  Take that for what you will.

Oh...and everyone makes mistakes.  But I don't buy it when one of these good "Christians" who I know that tell me how great their God-fearing lives are and how much they love baby Jesus, then turn around and pork someone behind their spouses back every week.  That's  not a mistake, that's cheating.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #8308 on: October 06, 2015, 12:51:14 pm »
I just don't understand people on the internet sometimes.

Actually, I think I'm starting to understand it better. The Internet is basically a giant barrier that protects people from what would really happen if they dared say those sort of things in real life. You know, without the protection of a computer monitor and an Internet connection. If that person had the audacity to actually say those sorts of things to you face to face, then they'd at least have more courage than the regular troll. Of course, what they said was inexcusable and the repercussions they'd get would be far worse than they could imagine. People just feel protected by the Internet and it's one of the reasons why I fear for the human race, especially children.

My statement was basically that I don't go to church on a regular basis nor do I speak about God to people.  And all that shit that these hypocrites run around doing, they think is magically absolved because they sit in a pew for an hour on Sunday.  Take that for what you will.

Oh...and everyone makes mistakes.  But I don't buy it when one of these good "Christians" who I know that tell me how great their God-fearing lives are and how much they love baby Jesus, then turn around and pork someone behind their spouses back every week.  That's  not a mistake, that's cheating.

That first statement is just...so wonderful. That's my biggest problem with them; they think going to a giant building and sitting, standing, sitting, standing, kneeling, proceeding to the priest for Communion and sitting again will make their awful selves better.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8309 on: October 06, 2015, 01:11:30 pm »
You don't do it because you think it will make you better. You do is as a sign of respect and appreciation for what the Lord has done for you.

This is why we don't usually talk about religion or politics. People just aren't gonna see eye to eye. And to start pointing out all the things you don't like about it, is just gonna piss off and offend those that do follow the religion.