Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658531 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9300 on: January 29, 2016, 11:53:14 am »
One of my best friends getting married today and i am the best man/witness, they are keeping it simple and getting married at the court house.

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce, and wedding cake makes folks gain the most weight.

Just a little food for thought. 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9301 on: January 29, 2016, 11:59:03 am »
One of my best friends getting married today and i am the best man/witness, they are keeping it simple and getting married at the court house.

Sounds like a step up from the urinals  :P

So, the other day, me and Carrie watched the newest Mad Max movie - man, did they ever do a good job of making Charlize Theron look like she only had one hand - by the way, what they showed of her missing hand in the movie, looks almost exactly like my left arm...post amputation, and we watched the 1st 3 episodes of The Wire.

As 2 folks who can really appreciate its realism, we're both really liking The Wire so far ;)

Back to the beautiful and very challenging Banner Saga.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #9302 on: January 29, 2016, 12:48:09 pm »

Congrats on the special role, and have a great time! I'm glad they're doing a simple wedding - sometimes a big hoopla isn't necessary :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #9303 on: January 29, 2016, 01:09:25 pm »

Congrats on the special role, and have a great time! I'm glad they're doing a simple wedding - sometimes a big hoopla isn't necessary :)

Ain't that the truth!

We were thinking of getting married at the Georgia Aquarium, but then we saw all that you were required to do and decided against it. A friend of mine suggested getting married on a cruise ship, so we might do that and have a two-for-one.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9304 on: January 29, 2016, 01:38:02 pm »

Ain't that the truth!

We were thinking of getting married at the Georgia Aquarium, but then we saw all that you were required to do and decided against it. A friend of mine suggested getting married on a cruise ship, so we might do that and have a two-for-one.

How much work to get married at the Aquarium is required?

And if the wedding ever happens to be out here in So Cal, I want an invite! :D

Pro tip: Dont get married in the summer, in the middle of the day, outside..... Ive been too two. My cousins, and brother....

My cousin in Bakersfield, it was about 102, and mucky. (Kern County weather sucks in the summer time). I was baking in the sun.

And my brothers, here locally, it was about 95, i was a groomsmen, not a cloud in the sky.... I learned you shouldnt wear cheap, dress shoes on hot cement.

And those of you who know me, I am a big, fluffy guy, so I was suffering lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #9305 on: January 29, 2016, 02:02:50 pm »

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce, and wedding cake makes folks gain the most weight.

A little more food for thought:

Marriage:  The cure for the common blowjob.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9306 on: January 29, 2016, 02:10:26 pm »
Kinda pissed now.  I made an eBay purchase last night for the Disney Infinity Star Wars Saga pack with Boba Fett, the three disc packs and all of the characters except Kilo Ren which I just bought separately.  All set, right?

Well...I checked my PayPal balance here just a few minutes ago and found that the seller refunded my payment with no reason given.  To me, that's a real douchebag move.  If there is a problem with the item or whatever, at least send me a message telling me so.  Shit happens.  I get that.  But not so much as a "sorry, out of stock" or other reason?  If there isn't a message from him when I get off, I'll leave the lousy bastard a negative.  I don't believe in that crap. 

On a positive note, I called my local GameStop and lo & behold...they have a single new bundle with Boba Fett in stock.  They are holding it for me and when I get off work, I'll snag that and whatever other individual figures they have.  Then I'll hit Walmart across the parking lot (literally, just across the parking lot) and see what other figures I can find.  I'm hoping they have them all.  I haven't heard of any rare ones in the series yet besides the Fett. 

Any rare ones you guys know about?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9307 on: January 29, 2016, 02:34:23 pm »

I dont have either of those things GF78. What am I doing wrong?

gf78

« Reply #9308 on: January 29, 2016, 02:39:12 pm »

I dont have either of those things GF78. What am I doing wrong?

LOL....I guess I'm doing something right because I have both.   ;D  Looks don't even matter, you just have to be a smooth talking, charming person.   ;)

kashell

« Reply #9309 on: January 29, 2016, 03:23:31 pm »

Ain't that the truth!

Pro tip: Dont get married in the summer, in the middle of the day, outside..... Ive been too two. My cousins, and brother....

My cousin in Bakersfield, it was about 102, and mucky. (Kern County weather sucks in the summer time). I was baking in the sun.

And my brothers, here locally, it was about 95, i was a groomsmen, not a cloud in the sky.... I learned you shouldnt wear cheap, dress shoes on hot cement.

You have to put down a huge down payment; much more than most venues cost. Depending on which room you want, the more money you have to put down.

For food and catering, you have to use the Wolfgang Puck service. That increases the prices astronomically.

And then there are other wedding costs that would make the price way more. That said, check out the possible rooms for the venues. They're gorgeous.

And of course you'll get an invite!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9310 on: January 29, 2016, 03:54:58 pm »

Ain't that the truth!

You have to put down a huge down payment; much more than most venues cost. Depending on which room you want, the more money you have to put down.

For food and catering, you have to use the Wolfgang Puck service. That increases the prices astronomically.

And then there are other wedding costs that would make the price way more. That said, check out the possible rooms for the venues. They're gorgeous.

And of course you'll get an invite!

So, I guess I'm not invited to Atlanta to a wedding at the aquarium now?

soera

« Reply #9311 on: January 29, 2016, 04:18:55 pm »
I know Im invited! Im awesome.  8)

kashell

« Reply #9312 on: January 29, 2016, 04:25:30 pm »

Nope, it'll be a cruise ship. Stay tuned!

rayne315

« Reply #9313 on: January 29, 2016, 04:32:08 pm »

Nope, it'll be a cruise ship. Stay tuned!

Deal when are we going?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tpugmire

« Reply #9314 on: January 29, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »
My next door neighbors put their house up for sale. If anyone wants to live their dream of being my neighbor, now's your chance!  (I'm looking at you, fighterpilot562.)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com