Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657183 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8355 on: October 08, 2015, 01:30:45 am »
Nice. According to some of the lists, I have several "extremely rare" games. ;D Not really. I don't think I have a single NES game I'd consider even rare. Although, I just recently noticed that a lot people seem to think Shadow Of The Ninja has gone from common to rare in the past year. Why is that game blowing minds all of a sudden?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8356 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:59 am »
Although, I just recently noticed that a lot people seem to think Shadow Of The Ninja has gone from common to rare in the past year. Why is that game blowing minds all of a sudden?

I don't know, but I do know that I can't find it.  It must be some kind of hard to find since it's one of the last 23.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8357 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:55 am »
That game is so freaking hard, too. People must like getting their butts kicked.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8358 on: October 08, 2015, 02:04:00 pm »
Although, I just recently noticed that a lot people seem to think Shadow Of The Ninja has gone from common to rare in the past year. Why is that game blowing minds all of a sudden?

I don't know, but I do know that I can't find it.  It must be some kind of hard to find since it's one of the last 23.

I know I've seen it numerous times over the years, my brother found a CIB copy. I would swear around here it is no less common than Ninja Gaiden II, and definitely more common than Ninja Gaiden III which I've only seen a couple of times.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8359 on: October 08, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »

I know I've seen it numerous times over the years, my brother found a CIB copy. I would swear around here it is no less common than Ninja Gaiden II, and definitely more common than Ninja Gaiden III which I've only seen a couple of times.

If you come across one for less than $20, I'll definitely paypal you the money. 

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8360 on: October 09, 2015, 12:43:09 am »
Is it just me or does anyone else who has played Elite Beat Agents feel like the timing is wierdly off? Idk, just feels like it keeps changing around. Also, I keep seeing circles appear around things now after playing for an hour :(

desocietas

« Reply #8361 on: October 09, 2015, 02:40:20 am »
Is it just me or does anyone else who has played Elite Beat Agents feel like the timing is wierdly off? Idk, just feels like it keeps changing around. Also, I keep seeing circles appear around things now after playing for an hour :(

I still remember some of the sequences when September or You're the Inspiration comes on the radio, hahah...

I don't recall the timing being too off, but it just took me a lot of practice to figure out what the game wants. I'm not super musical, so I was able to adapt.

I was watching someone stream RB4 and they were complaining about how they hated that the guitar part switched between guitar and melody too much, but I never noticed because I figure that makes it more interesting for folks to play.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #8362 on: October 09, 2015, 08:21:48 am »

Nope, I never had any timing issues. I'm glad to see people are still enjoying this game. Watching these grown men dance like ballerinas is so entertaining.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8363 on: October 09, 2015, 10:52:53 am »
I think I get what your streamer was saying D. As someone who played guitar I have an ear for music and the timing is switching between the vocals and the guitar and I think thats what screws me up. Like Jumpin Jack Flash some of those patterns have 1-5 be the vocals and then 6/7/8 were all guitar riffs. Thats what is throwing me off.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8364 on: October 09, 2015, 10:58:38 am »
The job i am trying to get, the graveyard guy just put in his 2 week notice :). fingers crossed.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #8365 on: October 09, 2015, 11:07:50 am »
You're going to work in a graveyard?  ;)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8366 on: October 09, 2015, 11:11:08 am »
You're going to work in a graveyard?  ;)

Hell no haha, just the shift. I worked graveyards for years starting at 18. I enjoy it. Though you have no life.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #8367 on: October 09, 2015, 11:23:17 am »
I think I get what your streamer was saying D. As someone who played guitar I have an ear for music and the timing is switching between the vocals and the guitar and I think thats what screws me up. Like Jumpin Jack Flash some of those patterns have 1-5 be the vocals and then 6/7/8 were all guitar riffs. Thats what is throwing me off.

That makes sense. I felt bad for him because he was getting fairly annoyed/frustrated by it, but I figured they arranged the songs that way to keep it interesting for players of all backgrounds.  There's usually a reason why a lot of folks don't like to play the second guitar or bass lines, lol. They just don't appreciate the importance of the *other* notes that happy at the same time as the vocals.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8368 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:06 pm »
My collection is quite large (at least in my eyes), yet still, it hurts so bad when I have to let go of stuff.

I just moved into our first bought house, and I just had a daughter who's not even a year old, so I have expenses.

But I'm at the point where too many new releases are passing me by because the only next-gen systems I have are the Wii U and 3DS. So I have made the painful decision to start trimming the fat of my collection fund an Xbox One and HDTV purchase.

Purging the N64 collection, Master System collection, and a good chunk of my gaming magazine collection. As well as my large demo disc collection. If I still need to, then I'll have to start making some really hard decisions if I don't make enough (I'm not the biggest N64 and Master System fan). And before people ask, I'm not selling at a set price. I need a lot of dough, so I'm doing auctions on eBay to try and maximize the sales price (feel free to message me for a link if you are interested, don't want to make this a sales thread).

Am I the only one this OCD over my collection? It's almost like losing a pet.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8369 on: October 09, 2015, 02:23:25 pm »
Nope, I'm in the same boat. Happy that I'm starting young before I have a family and other expenses. My hope is when I get to that point if I need to I'll just box everything up and store it away until the time is right to bust it out again. When I was younger I used to always trade things in but now I don't trade/sell anything unless its a dupe. OCD/Kleptomaniac? You be the judge haha.