Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656402 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8490 on: October 23, 2015, 10:36:07 am »
As if my week hasn't sucked enough this week. I was trying to move a sofa outside and I pull my back.

So now I'm just laying here. Nothing to do. Wishing I had a 3ds lol

You have a game boy its the same exact thing right?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8491 on: October 23, 2015, 10:49:48 am »
As if my week hasn't sucked enough this week. I was trying to move a sofa outside and I pull my back.

So now I'm just laying here. Nothing to do. Wishing I had a 3ds lol

You have a game boy its the same exact thing right?

No batteries for those lol. And I just want a 3ds  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #8492 on: October 23, 2015, 11:00:42 am »
I sold my 3DS in May; if I had known you wanted one I would have sold it to you instead!  :(
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8493 on: October 23, 2015, 11:04:58 am »
I sold my 3DS in May; if I had known you wanted one I would have sold it to you instead!  :(

I prob wouldnt have had the money anyway, so you are good.

I am hoping to get this job at the drug rehab center, I saw Dell's black friday ad and I want the xbox one deal.

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8494 on: October 23, 2015, 11:36:44 am »
Too everyone in Mexico, stay safe today, a cat 5 Hurricane is landing there today.

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8495 on: October 23, 2015, 09:07:11 pm »
I know this probably isn't the best place to seek advice for this sort of thing, but I have no idea what to do from here, and it's something I really don't want to plaster on Facebook for everyone I know to see.

My brother is a disabled and mentally challenged adult living with my mother. He is not in a position to live on his own without some sort of assistance. My mother is having drug issues. It's getting to the point where my brother should not be living with her. She's hanging out with very untrustworthy people that are just there to party and have stolen things out of the house on more than one occasion. She has been neglectful more than once with him which has included phone calls from my brother telling me he hasn't gotten meds or dinner and she's gone. And he's even gone to the doctor because he had too much of his medication in his system.

We've all had conversations with her trying to get her to see what's going on and that either she needs to clean her act up more, or my brother needs to go into a group home. She won't go for either and usually gets belligerent and flat-out mean and nasty when we bring it up.

Well, two weeks ago my brother tells me that half his paycheck is missing from his bank account. My mom is telling him that some friend of theirs stole her bank card and is stealing money. Except how would this friend be able to get into it without a pin-number? Story doesn't add up. And at this point, things have been building-up enough that I had to do something for my brother's safety.

So I call Far Northern Regional Center, which represents disabled and mentally challenged people in my area. They tell me since he's an adult, and never was legally conserved by anyone, that they can't do anything unless he comes in and says he wants to move-out. They tell me to report it to the ombudsman (an anonymous abuse reporting line). I do so, and the ombudsman tells me that since he's not in a group home, they won't do anything. ARGH!!

So then I try Adult Protective Services. They tell me they WILL follow-up, and will meet with him in a neutral zone: his day-program. Great, right?

Well, it's now two-weeks later. My brother calls me again. Now he's missing $80 and my mom is telling him that her ex-boyfriend stole it. (B.S.) And he was never interviewed at his day-program, so Adult Protective Services never did follow-up like they said they would.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what I can do from here. Any ideas anyone?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:09:34 pm by burningdoom »

karyann

« Reply #8496 on: October 24, 2015, 04:30:08 pm »
burningdoom, that's quite the predicament  :-\ I really don't know what to say, as I don't know much about services in the US, but I really hope you can get some help somewhere. It's really weird/stupid that they would offer help only in those very specific situations... :-\

Good luck and keep it up! Even though it's difficult, your brother is probably grateful that you're doing all this for him.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8497 on: October 24, 2015, 05:55:13 pm »
Are there drugs in the house regularly? If so. Ever consider tipping off the police?

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8498 on: October 24, 2015, 06:28:29 pm »
My sister is also going to report it to the APS she told me today. I'm hoping that helps them get into gear with multiple reports. If that doesn't work, then filing a police report I guess is the only other option.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8499 on: October 24, 2015, 06:31:04 pm »
ALL MY XBOX ONE EVER DOES IS UPDATE AND INSTALL!!!  >:(

The initial system update took a while. Batman: Akham Knight took a while. And now Elder Scrolls Online is just PUNISHING! Been updating since early last evening. It auto-shut down sometime in the night, and I started it up again in the morning and it's STILL going! 95%, but that last bit seems to be taking longer than the rest.

In the meantime, I can't even play the fully installed Batman: Akkham Knight because you have to have the disc in for anti-game piracy, but Elder Scrolls disc is inside installing.

So frustrating to have this big expensive next-gen console that I seem to just be constantly waiting on!

davifus

« Reply #8500 on: October 24, 2015, 06:51:43 pm »

The initial system update took a while. Batman: Akham Knight took a while. And now Elder Scrolls Online is just PUNISHING! Been updating since early last evening. It auto-shut down sometime in the night, and I started it up again in the morning and it's STILL going! 95%, but that last bit seems to be taking longer than the rest.

In the meantime, I can't even play the fully installed Batman: Akkham Knight because you have to have the disc in for anti-game piracy, but Elder Scrolls disc is inside installing.

So frustrating to have this big expensive next-gen console that I seem to just be constantly waiting on!

What's your up and down for your internet? Oh wait never mind I understand.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:57:44 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8501 on: October 25, 2015, 12:53:29 pm »

Everything is updated, installed, and ready to go now!

System Update, Batman Arkham Knight, Walking Dead: Season One, Elder Scrolls Online Install/Update & DLC, Neverwinter, and Dying Light Demo. As well as apps like Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, and Digital Radio.

Took FOREVER!!!

And now my wife is gone all day and I'm watching my 10-month old daughter. So tonight when she gets off I'll finally be able to enjoy it in all it's full glory!

I did get to play Walking Dead and Batman: Arkham Knight a little before I started installing the rest, though. Liked what I played on both. Arkham Knight looks GORGEOUS! And on the opposite end, Walking Dead has a bit of a cartoonish look yet has great acting/dialogue and a great story.

gf78

« Reply #8502 on: October 26, 2015, 09:51:22 am »
I know this probably isn't the best place to seek advice for this sort of thing, but I have no idea what to do from here, and it's something I really don't want to plaster on Facebook for everyone I know to see.

My brother is a disabled and mentally challenged adult living with my mother. He is not in a position to live on his own without some sort of assistance. My mother is having drug issues. It's getting to the point where my brother should not be living with her. She's hanging out with very untrustworthy people that are just there to party and have stolen things out of the house on more than one occasion. She has been neglectful more than once with him which has included phone calls from my brother telling me he hasn't gotten meds or dinner and she's gone. And he's even gone to the doctor because he had too much of his medication in his system.

We've all had conversations with her trying to get her to see what's going on and that either she needs to clean her act up more, or my brother needs to go into a group home. She won't go for either and usually gets belligerent and flat-out mean and nasty when we bring it up.

Well, two weeks ago my brother tells me that half his paycheck is missing from his bank account. My mom is telling him that some friend of theirs stole her bank card and is stealing money. Except how would this friend be able to get into it without a pin-number? Story doesn't add up. And at this point, things have been building-up enough that I had to do something for my brother's safety.

So I call Far Northern Regional Center, which represents disabled and mentally challenged people in my area. They tell me since he's an adult, and never was legally conserved by anyone, that they can't do anything unless he comes in and says he wants to move-out. They tell me to report it to the ombudsman (an anonymous abuse reporting line). I do so, and the ombudsman tells me that since he's not in a group home, they won't do anything. ARGH!!

So then I try Adult Protective Services. They tell me they WILL follow-up, and will meet with him in a neutral zone: his day-program. Great, right?

Well, it's now two-weeks later. My brother calls me again. Now he's missing $80 and my mom is telling him that her ex-boyfriend stole it. (B.S.) And he was never interviewed at his day-program, so Adult Protective Services never did follow-up like they said they would.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what I can do from here. Any ideas anyone?

It's a very difficult situation and it seems that no matter what way you go, you hit a brick wall.  My family went through our own predicament for years where my nephew (a minor at the time) with Asbergers was acting out violently towards his mother, step-father and grandmother.  The police wouldn't take him because he was a minor.  Juvie wouldn't take him because he had mental health issues.  Nobody wanted to help or said they were unable to help. 

As for the situation with your brother, it is neglect and theft pure and simple.  I cannot speak for your personal feelings in how to deal with this, being that it is your mother.  It sounds to me like being in a home where he will be cared for and away from drugs and everything else you say is going on at your mother's house would be the best thing.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #8503 on: October 26, 2015, 10:02:19 am »

The loooooonnnnnngggggg download times have been pretty well documented on the net.  I don't personally own an Xbox One and don't really have any plans to get one.  Does the system have the ability to do updates while the system is in standby mode?  Again, I don't own a One, but the PS4 downloads all my updates late at night.  So when I get online during the day, It pops up with a notification that "insert name" update was installed. The PS4 has a separate, low power consumption processor that allows it do complete maintenance functions and updates while in standby mode.

If the game I want to play as soon as I pop it in isn't online-based, even if it says "Uncharted Collection" (or whatever game) update has been added to the download list, I can go ahead and play within a minute of that first time inserting the disc.  The PS4 will continue to download the update in the background while I play and PS4 games install in a way that even before the installation is done, you can still play the game, typically in under a minute.  If the update finishes while I am still playing, a notification will pop up saying the download is complete.  Then, I simply save and exit the game and when I restart it, the update is applied.  It's a pretty streamlined system.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8504 on: October 26, 2015, 10:29:41 am »
So I started playing X-Com Enemy Unknown again for whatever reason on the PS3. And aside from it running like crap (maybe I should update it), I'm loving it. Anyone have any opinion on Enemy Within? Is it different enough that I should buy it or will that just be making me fatigued of X-Com?