Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1656235 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8520 on: October 30, 2015, 10:50:12 am »
I'm currently unable to stop reading Attack on Titan and go to sleep so if someone can fill in for me at work tomorrow so I can spend the whole night reading, that'd be great. Thanks in advance guys, you're so sweet!

I was thinking about getting the omnibus for that. Typically, the manga is better than the anime. Is this the case for AoT? The anime was slower than molasses.

Petra...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

karyann

« Reply #8521 on: October 30, 2015, 11:24:48 am »
I was thinking about getting the omnibus for that. Typically, the manga is better than the anime. Is this the case for AoT? The anime was slower than molasses.

I picked up the manga where the anime left it off, so I can't really compare for the beginning. If you dropped the anime before episode 10, rest assured, the pace picks up afterwards and they start actually doing stuff :)

kashell

« Reply #8522 on: October 30, 2015, 11:26:19 am »

I picked up the manga where the anime left it off, so I can't really compare for the beginning. If you dropped the anime before episode 10, rest assured, the pace picks up afterwards and they start actually doing stuff :)

I stopped at the end of the first season. I think that was episode...26? Either way, I'm glad the story doesn't drag. The amount of down time in that anime reminded me of some of my least favorite animes.

abe

« Reply #8523 on: October 30, 2015, 11:29:15 am »

I disagree. The pacing is worse in the second half, it slows down a lot. Going by the pace of the first half, the events of the second half should've been over with in a few episodes but it goes on for way too long. I really wouldn't consider it to be a good anime.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8524 on: October 30, 2015, 11:33:25 am »
I have the first 3 volumes of AoT and it is incredible. Definitely should give it a read.

karyann

« Reply #8525 on: October 30, 2015, 12:33:07 pm »
I disagree. The pacing is worse in the second half, it slows down a lot. Going by the pace of the first half, the events of the second half should've been over with in a few episodes but it goes on for way too long. I really wouldn't consider it to be a good anime.

Ah, I guess it might depend on preference then. I had no problems with the whole season, while my boyfriend hated the beginning.

kashell

« Reply #8526 on: October 30, 2015, 02:23:33 pm »
The beginning of the first season? I agree, it really outstayed its welcome. The part with Pixis made me want to jump out of my skin. @_@

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8527 on: October 30, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »
Looks like I might be able to buy  a xbox one for thanksgiving/black friday. Just gotta be fast on the trigger cause I sold some stuff to be able to buyit :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #8528 on: October 30, 2015, 08:41:53 pm »
Did you unload the night vision scope?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8529 on: October 30, 2015, 08:50:04 pm »
Did you unload the night vision scope?

My night vision monocular's? yes. Also sold one of my old rifles too.

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #8530 on: October 30, 2015, 10:09:37 pm »
Nice.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8531 on: October 31, 2015, 03:10:30 pm »
Happy Halloween everybody

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8532 on: October 31, 2015, 04:01:45 pm »
Happy Halloween! I am baby sitting.  :o

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8533 on: October 31, 2015, 11:18:32 pm »
Interesting read:

How Nintendo Announced the NES:

http://news.yahoo.com/heres-nintendo-announced-nes-north-204500694.html

telly

« Reply #8534 on: November 01, 2015, 07:45:30 pm »
Did anyone get up too early for work because of Daylight Savings Time ending? I did :-[
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery