Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657115 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8940 on: December 24, 2015, 09:20:05 am »
Man, i remember as a kid, I would be excited for this time of year.... Now its like.... meh....

My bday is saturday, what should i go do?

I'm excited as hell. But then, I'm just an overgrown man-child, my main interests are video games, metal, and comic books.

I'm excited for my girls, but the holiday's have been depressing for me for the last 12 years or so.  I miss all my family that has passed on and those holiday get-togethers.  After my first wife died, part of my "Christmas spirit" died along with her.  I just can't get excited anymore.

Sorry to hear that man. :( May they all RIP.

My grandpa died Christmas Day, when I was 5 years old. My dad took it hard.

Man, I go AC: Unity last night, my friend bought it for me, started to download the patch around like 5pm...... Around 11pm I turned it off to give a ps4 a break ( i am paranoid like that). At 1am, woke up, and decided to turn it back on, and its 6:30 pm....still downloading patches.....
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 09:26:26 am by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #8941 on: December 24, 2015, 10:40:41 am »
Sorry to hear that man. :( May they all RIP.

My grandpa died Christmas Day, when I was 5 years old. My dad took it hard.

Man, I go AC: Unity last night, my friend bought it for me, started to download the patch around like 5pm...... Around 11pm I turned it off to give a ps4 a break ( i am paranoid like that). At 1am, woke up, and decided to turn it back on, and its 6:30 pm....still downloading patches.....

Thanks bud, and sorry to hear about your grandpa.  Holidays are usually "supposed" to be happy times, but you can't help missing those that have gone that were such a big part of your life. 

As for Assassin's Creed Unity....yeah.  Those patches are horrifically long.  I usually just put my PS4 to sleep when it has downloads like that.  I'm as paranoid as they come, but from everything I have read the PS4 runs in a "very low power mode" with a processor specifically dedicated to doing these background processes.  So your CPU/GPU combo chip, cooling fans, etc. are all powered down.  At least, that's what Sony's paperwork says. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8942 on: December 24, 2015, 11:20:45 am »
Sorry to hear that.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8943 on: December 24, 2015, 01:04:50 pm »
I can somewhat relate. Xmas just isn't nearly as magical as it was when I was a kid. I remember all of the sleepless nights on Christmas eve, trying to spot Santa coming in the night, the family get-togethers where everyone seemed so cheerful. When my grand-dad passed, all of that kind of went away. Now it's just a Friday where you get up, get dressed, go to a dinner with some family who you rarely ever see and listen to them complain about Obama, take photos with said people, tear yourself away after hours of wanting to leave... then go home and maybe watch a round of Xmas Vacation or Xmas Story.

On a positive note, I think I did get one wish this year. It's almost Xmas and it feels like spring time outside. One of the warmest winters on record! :D Let's just hope a cataclysmic climate change isn't the reason.

gf78

« Reply #8944 on: December 24, 2015, 01:32:38 pm »
I can somewhat relate. Xmas just isn't nearly as magical as it was when I was a kid. I remember all of the sleepless nights on Christmas eve, trying to spot Santa coming in the night, the family get-togethers where everyone seemed so cheerful. When my grand-dad passed, all of that kind of went away. Now it's just a Friday where you get up, get dressed, go to a dinner with some family who you rarely ever see and listen to them complain about Obama, take photos with said people, tear yourself away after hours of wanting to leave... then go home and maybe watch a round of Xmas Vacation or Xmas Story.

On a positive note, I think I did get one wish this year. It's almost Xmas and it feels like spring time outside. One of the warmest winters on record! :D Let's just hope a cataclysmic climate change isn't the reason.

LOL @ Obama...some of the last family get-togethers we had were hilarious.  Some of my family are Democrats, some Republicans.  They would really go at it. 

The family I do have that still get together are pretty close.  Me, my wife & two girls, my parents, my sister and (insert name) her guy, my nieces and nephews...and that's about it.  It's going to be a bummer for my wife this year though.  She hasn't been on speaking terms with her mom or sister since earlier this year, which was already rocky from a big falling out around June two years ago.  I know she's sad about it even when she doesn't talk much about it.  I just reassure her that me and the girls love her and we are her family. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #8945 on: December 24, 2015, 04:23:25 pm »
I made it to Cleveland. At 2:00 in the morning. Damn, it was a long day. I'm still exhausted, but so far my trip here has been wonderful. I hung out with one of my brother's (who happened to be on RR one night) for the afternoon. We -DOMINATED- in team Smash Bros and went to a game store where I found some wonderful treasures. Seriously, though: we kicked ass in Smash. No one stood a chance and I am so happy with our abilities.

@warm: I am loving this weather, too. 70 degrees in mother fudging Cleveland, OH. In December!

@gf: That's real tough, but it sounds like your daughters will help liven your spirits. I don't have kids, but I think moments like that will let you forget about the negatives in your life.

@fighter: Happy early birthday! I know you suggested a Christmas get together with your Cali friends, so hopefully it works out and you can make some good memories.

Christmas will never be the same as it was when you're a kid, but I still enjoy it. Being in Ohio is bittersweet. I miss my friends and family, but as I drive around the city I can't help but to feel relieved that I don't live here anymore.

Time to play more Smash Brothers. I am seriously considering getting a Wii U now.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8946 on: December 25, 2015, 08:11:53 am »
MERRY CHRiSTMAS!!!  It's Christmas morning and I'm awake before The Boy.  He's conked out in there.  I'm just waiting for him to wake up so the magic can start. 

Christmas is the best day of the year when you're a kid.   Then it loses some of the magic.  Then, you have a kid.  It's more fun to see them get excited than it ever was to get stuff. 

And Kashell, get a damn WiiU already.  It's worth it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8947 on: December 25, 2015, 09:28:55 am »
Merry Christmas yall! Having me coffee and kicking back. My nephew will be over later, so that will be fun. Also, I agree, Kash, get a damn Wii u!

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #8948 on: December 25, 2015, 09:45:53 am »
Mery Christmas everyone!

And if you want a deal on a WiiU, check the refurbished page on Nintendo's website.

kashell

« Reply #8949 on: December 25, 2015, 10:16:55 am »
Merry Christmas!

And I will be getting one sooner than later. The main thing I got was money so...it'll be well spent on video games and not used in a responsible manner at all.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8950 on: December 25, 2015, 10:32:10 am »
Merry Christmas!

And I will be getting one sooner than later. The main thing I got was money so...it'll be well spent on video games and not used in a responsible manner at all.

Aw, the age old question, should I spend my Christmas money on bills/debt or video games. ;D

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #8951 on: December 25, 2015, 01:41:36 pm »
Merry Christmas everyone!

karyann

« Reply #8952 on: December 25, 2015, 04:31:37 pm »
Taking a break from my busy gaming time with my brother to wish y'all a merry Christmas!  ;D I hope you're eating good food and having fun too!

We're trying to finish Eternal Sonata before the 28th, if we work at it hard enough we should make it. Then I can get rid of the game because I'm never playing it again after  :o

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8953 on: December 26, 2015, 12:24:35 am »
Anyone have a really good printer? 2 of my recent ps4 games came without covers..... So short of me, having to go to a local print store, anyone wanna help a brother out? :D

I need 1 for COD: Ghost for PS4 and Far Cry 4 for PS4.

Ghost is over on http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=13773

Far Cry, not so much.

If not, thanks guys ha

1049-2600-8730

Flashback2012

« Reply #8954 on: December 26, 2015, 01:46:32 am »
Happy Boxing Day VGCollect!  :D