Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657962 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9135 on: January 18, 2016, 10:20:42 am »
So it's kind of occurred to me that stealth/action games are probably one of my favorite type of games to play. Some find the gameplay too slow, but I like sneaking around and being resourceful in combat. It can be pretty fun. I've never played one that I disliked, but I've not taken to the time to play all of that many either.

Have you played Alien Isolation?  You have to be stealthy.  Or you die.  A lot.  One of my favorite things to do in the game when I encountered a bunch of hostile humans was to bang on something a couple times with my wrench, then hide.  The alien would arrive and dispatch my enemies for me.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9136 on: January 18, 2016, 11:38:02 am »
Most of my top-wanted games on my wishlist that are left are NES and SNES games...this saddens me. The retro-market has gotten tough for those looking for games on those systems. And I've been more focused on the last couple of generations, unfortunately, because it's just been so cheap and plentiful to find those games.

At least I have the first-party Nintendo games already. Those are a pretty penny.

kashell

« Reply #9137 on: January 18, 2016, 11:42:20 am »
So it's kind of occurred to me that stealth/action games are probably one of my favorite type of games to play. Some find the gameplay too slow, but I like sneaking around and being resourceful in combat. It can be pretty fun. I've never played one that I disliked, but I've not taken to the time to play all of that many either.

I enjoy these, too. Tenchu happens to be my favorite series for this type of game play, but there are other games where you have to hide and be sneaky in order to succeed. I actually think I like it more than the usual run n' gun type of game play most action games have.

karyann

« Reply #9138 on: January 18, 2016, 01:38:05 pm »
I was expecting something like the X and Y 3ds. Not just front and backplates. Ehh digital, it'll make me buy the physical copy anyway. Maybe a steel book case would of been nice.

I don't think they're going to have physical releases of Blue/Red/Yellow for 3DS, if that's what you were talking about  :-\

kashell

« Reply #9139 on: January 19, 2016, 09:35:58 am »
We had MLK Day off from work, so this is a four day week. It's the little things in life that make me smile.

gf78

« Reply #9140 on: January 19, 2016, 10:03:15 am »
We had MLK Day off from work, so this is a four day week. It's the little things in life that make me smile.

Since the non-custody staff aka "square staff" were off for the holiday, I had to leave my cushy desk job and stand outside in the 5-degree (below zero with wind chill) weather for two hours watching the cons walk back and forth to chow hall.  Lucky me, as a bonus I couldn't find my thermals anywhere (must be packed away in a tub in the closet) and our polyester uniform pants are thin.  The wind blows right through them. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #9141 on: January 19, 2016, 10:17:08 am »

Since the non-custody staff aka "square staff" were off for the holiday, I had to leave my cushy desk job and stand outside in the 5-degree (below zero with wind chill) weather for two hours watching the cons walk back and forth to chow hall.  Lucky me, as a bonus I couldn't find my thermals anywhere (must be packed away in a tub in the closet) and our polyester uniform pants are thin.  The wind blows right through them. 

That sounds awful. Hopefully you had other means to bundle up.

Seriously, screw cold weather. I can't to head to Florida for a few days next month.

telly

« Reply #9142 on: January 19, 2016, 10:25:32 am »
It's pretty cold around here too. Feels like the arctic tundra outside when I'm walking to classes. x(
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9143 on: January 19, 2016, 10:27:11 am »

Are you a co?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #9144 on: January 19, 2016, 10:54:43 am »

That sounds awful. Hopefully you had other means to bundle up.

Seriously, screw cold weather. I can't to head to Florida for a few days next month.

Typically, I wear my normal uniform with a thick black hoodie under my coat.  And...that was about all I had out there yesterday.  No gloves, no scarf.  Nada.

kashell

« Reply #9145 on: January 19, 2016, 11:04:04 am »
Daaaaamn. You must be made of steel to be able to fully function in that madness.

gf78

« Reply #9146 on: January 19, 2016, 12:00:16 pm »

Are you a co?

Yep.   :P

gf78

« Reply #9147 on: January 19, 2016, 12:01:37 pm »
Daaaaamn. You must be made of steel to be able to fully function in that madness.

I kept walking in a loop to try and stay warm.  My legs were stinging from the wind and after about five minutes, the hoodie was just cold material against my head.  It sucked.  I also don't think it helped my cold out in any way.   :'(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9148 on: January 19, 2016, 01:20:18 pm »
I so want to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The trailer is just so freaking bad-ass that I want to experience that story.

But even on the easy-setting, I keep getting destroyed by freaking henchmen!!!!

Warmsignal

« Reply #9149 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:54 pm »
Guys, I've got some freaking first world problems. This is why I hate the re-packaging of things into different cases. I've been hoarding up all the South Park seasons on DVD, but I've been careful so far as to not buy any of the slim DVD re-packaged versions. I ordered the next season I needed last week from a retailer who used the image of the box set, yet they send me the slim case. FML? Most sellers fail to see the significance in something like this. But if I'm going to get the slim case version, I'll need to start all over and get ALL of them that way. I'm not mixing them randomly together just because consistency is beyond any and all probability and evidently beyond reasonable expectation... Maybe I should just give up this obsessive behavior and just let disorganization and chaos take over, because that's the way the world would seem to have it so long as I don't fight it off.

I know even if I tell this seller they're misrepresenting the version (and every season they have for sale), they're not going to change it. It's just a few of us who suffer the mental anguish.  :-X