Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658030 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9180 on: January 21, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »
doing a draft
Wat?

I know, I was confused, too, but I can see how this is neat. Like how my friend does a "fashion roulette" for Monster Hunter where they spin to see what weapon and armor pieces they wear for the next hunt they do.

A FE draft would be a fun way to try out a new combination of party members that you wouldn't normally use:

http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com/t93-fire-emblem-drafting-explained
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9181 on: January 21, 2016, 02:30:18 pm »
Just found the entire series of Married.... With Children for cheap..... Who wants to come over and binge watch it when it comes in next week.  8)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9182 on: January 21, 2016, 02:54:27 pm »
Just found the entire series of Married.... With Children for cheap..... Who wants to come over and binge watch it when it comes in next week.  8)

Possibly if I hadn't already probably seen all of them._.

That, and, we're going to be doing some binge watching of our own soon when the whole series of The Wire gets here from Netflix.

Dastardly difficulty spikes, Batman!

Did I mention how I went from kicking ass in the 1st Pier Solar dungeon to getting my ass thoroughly Kicked in the 2nd one?!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:58:02 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #9183 on: January 21, 2016, 02:56:10 pm »
Sneaking in the thread to say "welcome back, disgaeniac"! hope you're well, buddy :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9184 on: January 21, 2016, 03:00:04 pm »
Sneaking in the thread to say "welcome back, disgaeniac"! hope you're well, buddy :)

Thanks D-Sis!

No need/reason for you to be sneaking though._.

desocietas

« Reply #9185 on: January 21, 2016, 03:04:22 pm »

Thanks D-Sis!

No need/reason for you to be sneaking though._.

Haha, sneaking because I'm at work  8)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9186 on: January 21, 2016, 03:42:01 pm »
doing a draft
Wat?

I know, I was confused, too, but I can see how this is neat. Like how my friend does a "fashion roulette" for Monster Hunter where they spin to see what weapon and armor pieces they wear for the next hunt they do.

A FE draft would be a fun way to try out a new combination of party members that you wouldn't normally use:

http://amiabanana.topic-zone.com/t93-fire-emblem-drafting-explained

Correct, think any sort of sports draft (fantasy football?), basically you're doing that with the characters for that FE game, with a few exclusions of the main character obviously.

kashell

« Reply #9187 on: January 21, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »
I've been reading about the water crisis in Flint, MI.

Damn, it's like that city is a magnet for tragedy.

telly

« Reply #9188 on: January 21, 2016, 08:11:21 pm »

Yeah, I'm in my community health nursing clinical rotation now, and so it's a topic that comes up a lot when talking about EH, certainly since I'm in the state.  :-\ Very tragic and sad.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9189 on: January 21, 2016, 08:23:13 pm »

Seriously, I was watching about it the other day.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9190 on: January 22, 2016, 06:31:56 am »
Something wrong with Psnprofiles?

Says my card's been updated but, clearly, it hasn't.

« Reply #9191 on: January 22, 2016, 08:58:02 am »
Something wrong with Psnprofiles?

Says my card's been updated but, clearly, it hasn't.
PSN doesn't update your trophies unless you go to your console and sync your trophies with the servers.

I know this is my problem most of the time.

gf78

« Reply #9192 on: January 22, 2016, 09:16:19 am »
My oldest daughter has become obsessed with Star Wars.  Really, really obsessed.  Mind you, I think it's cool because it's something we have in common and it's better than her (thankfully waning) One Direction obsession.   ::)

In any event, we have watched episodes 1-6 twice now, seen Force Awakens in the theater and I should have the Clone Wars Blu-Ray Collection in the mail this afternoon when I get home.  So I see us binge-watching that entire series over the next week.  By the time we are finishing up, Rebels season 1 and Clone Wars Lost Missions Blu-Rays should be arriving in the mail from Amazon so we will segue right into those.  Then, we can follow it up with the Robot Chicken Star Wars collection and the Family Guy Star Wars stuff.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #9193 on: January 22, 2016, 09:28:26 am »
My oldest daughter has become obsessed with Star Wars.  Really, really obsessed.  Mind you, I think it's cool because it's something we have in common and it's better than her (thankfully waning) One Direction obsession.   ::)

In any event, we have watched episodes 1-6 twice now, seen Force Awakens in the theater and I should have the Clone Wars Blu-Ray Collection in the mail this afternoon when I get home.  So I see us binge-watching that entire series over the next week.  By the time we are finishing up, Rebels season 1 and Clone Wars Lost Missions Blu-Rays should be arriving in the mail from Amazon so we will segue right into those.  Then, we can follow it up with the Robot Chicken Star Wars collection and the Family Guy Star Wars stuff.

That's pretty cool :) How old is your daughter? I just loved doing stuff like that with my dad when I was younger! We're both introverts, so we didn't talk much, but those activities made us spend a lot of quality time together :)

gf78

« Reply #9194 on: January 22, 2016, 10:30:41 am »
That's pretty cool :) How old is your daughter? I just loved doing stuff like that with my dad when I was younger! We're both introverts, so we didn't talk much, but those activities made us spend a lot of quality time together :)

She's 13, turning 14 on Feb 28th.  She's actually my stepdaughter.  The funny thing is, she was a complete daddy's girl until a few years ago.  The first thing she said to me when my wife and I started dating when she was three was "My daddy's gonna beat you up!"  Everything was about daddy.  Her younger sister who just turned 11 never was close to her dad.  She grew up since she was a year old with me.  The young one stopped going to her dad's when she was eight.  Now the oldest hasn't seen her dad since he alienated her almost a year ago.  She calls him James now or her "ex-dad."  This is not through my wife or I badmouthing him or any such thing.  He's a giant douche-turd and ruined his relationship with his kids.  I love them both dearly and am quite proud to be their "Daddy Steve." 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us