Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1660598 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9465 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:58 am »
Since this site is about video games, there is no place other than this thread to talk about non-game collecting.  I've been buying the sheet out of Star Wars games, but my obsessive drive doesn't end there!  Oh no!  I've also picked up all kinds of other goodies!  Like...

Roughly 80 issues (and counting) of Star Wars Insider Magazine
Roughly 15 hardcover Star Wars books/Encyclopedias/Visual Guides/Etc.
Roughly 20 Star Wars magazine specials
Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Blu-Ray box set
Clone Wars Lost Episodes Blu-Ray
Rebels Season 1 Blu-Ray
Episodes I - VI Steelbook Editions
Robot Chicken Star Wars 3-DVD set
Family Guy Star Wars 3-Blu-Ray set
Sphero BB-8 App-controlled droid
Legendary Yoda 18" animatronic
Darth Vader 4-foot tall menacing looking figure with sound effects and dialogue
R2-D2 18" with working lights, sounds, spinning head and does the "side-to-side" hop
Darth Vader GameStop Exclusive mini-bust
Kotobukiya ArtFX Snowtroopers two-pack
Kotobukiya ArtFX First Order Stormtroopers two-pack
Play Arts Kai Alternate Stormtrooper (10" figure that is a reimagined Stormtrooper design)
Revell Star Wars the Force Awakens Snap-Fit X-Wing model with electronic sounds
Star Wars original trilogy panorama puzzle in tin
Bop-It! R2-D2
Kylo Ren boxer shorts (my wife bought them for me)
Two Star Wars trivia games
A Disney Rewards exclusive mail-in Rey poster (my wife bought it for me)
The first two Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty boxes (think Loot Crate, but Star Wars)
A year subscription to the Smuggler's Bounty (6 more crates)
A iHome Millenium Falcon Bluetooth speaker
Star Wars 18-month 2016 calendar
4 hologram drinking cups
Marvel Omnibus Star Wars Volumes 1-3 Hardcover books ($125 retail each, paid around $90 each)
Three hardcover Marvel Comics Star Wars movie adaptations
About 15 Star Wars trade paperbacks
Star Wars Aftermath hardcover novel

...and I'm sure I'm missing something in there!   :P  After my deal with Davifus goes through (hopefully!), I'm going to pick up the other three Play Arts Kai Star Wars Alternate figures - Darth Vader, Darth Maul and Boba Fett!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:47:15 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #9466 on: February 09, 2016, 11:44:10 am »
Like rayne said, folks in NJ would just drive across the state line to NY back in the day as the drinking ages were 21 and 18, respectively.

All I'll say on politics is:

Not Trump or Clinton!  8)

LOL...agreed.  I can't imagine a world where the POTUS is "The Donald."  If that happened, all we would need is a new energy drink full of electrolytes called Brawndo.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #9467 on: February 09, 2016, 12:07:59 pm »
Sorry I haven't been around much recently (again)  :-\ Things have been a bit crazy for a few months now, and I'm kinda losing my breath. I'm still trying my best to keep track of what's going on around the community, answer questions and socialize!

On another note, the new Good Smile Company 1/7 Skyward Sword Link figure looks absolutely amazing, I can't wait to have more info! If he's not over $100 I'll probably get him. We'll see!

The shading is just incredible:
https://twitter.com/NintendoTweet/status/696152795183906816

Aw you never have to apologize - we all have lives to lead, after all!  Hope things mellow out for you soon - there are a lot of great games this year to play after all!  ;D

I wanted to post something like this but I forgot because I'm a loon. Do what you need to do. This site will be here. Pretty ladies shouldn't fret about the small things in life. ^.^

abe

« Reply #9468 on: February 09, 2016, 12:24:03 pm »
Since this site is about video games, there is no place other than this thread to talk about non-game collecting.

Not that I have any problem with you posting that stuff here, but since you mention it we do actually have a thread specifically for collecting stuff like this:
Recently Added to Other Collections - http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,1824.0.html

On the topic of Star Wars stuff, you should check out the S.H. Figuarts Kylo Ren if you haven't already. Pretty darn cool looking. I wish I had preordered one.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:29:13 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

rayne315

« Reply #9469 on: February 09, 2016, 12:55:12 pm »
Like rayne said, folks in NJ would just drive across the state line to NY back in the day as the drinking ages were 21 and 18, respectively.

All I'll say on politics is:

Not Trump or Clinton!  8)

I don't vote because we do not have a ranked choice voting system where I can rank my top choices for whatever office im voting for.

http://www.fairvote.org/rcv#rcvbenefits

This site explains what I am talking about for people who do not know. If I am not mistaken Canada uses this method and I would love to know how well it works from any of our northern neighbors.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

« Reply #9470 on: February 09, 2016, 01:18:06 pm »
I don't vote because we do not have a ranked choice voting system where I can rank my top choices for whatever office im voting for.

This site explains what I am talking about for people who do not know. If I am not mistaken Canada uses this method and I would love to know how well it works from any of our northern neighbors.

I've voted a couple times now and I've never heard of this. ??? Any other Canadians know about this?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #9471 on: February 09, 2016, 01:41:12 pm »

I've voted a couple times now and I've never heard of this. ??? Any other Canadians know about this?

I'm in California, and we get this for our local elections, usually, which is nice. Might require a little more research to make your 3 choices, but in the end, isn't that a good thing?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9472 on: February 09, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »
Might require a little more research to make your 3 choices, but in the end, isn't that a good thing?

Therein lies the problem.  Folks aren't going to research.  The vast majority will get their information from whatever source they choose.  There is a news channel that matches your way of thinking, I promise.  Unfortunately, too many people get their news from twitter.

To quote an old Daily Show opening, "Where more Americans get their news, than should." 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9473 on: February 09, 2016, 02:06:26 pm »
^ Yep. And Trump seems to get the most TV time. I'm not a Trump fan, but if things continue the way they have been, I think Trump will be our next president.

gf78

« Reply #9474 on: February 09, 2016, 02:14:18 pm »
Might require a little more research to make your 3 choices, but in the end, isn't that a good thing?

Therein lies the problem.  Folks aren't going to research.  The vast majority will get their information from whatever source they choose.  There is a news channel that matches your way of thinking, I promise.  Unfortunately, too many people get their news from twitter.

To quote an old Daily Show opening, "Where more Americans get their news, than should."

Hey, the most "trustworthy" news source around where I live seems to be Faux...I mean Fox News.  They are unbiased and fair right?  I've never seen a channel so dedicated to just slamming one side of our ridiculous political party system.  If you believe Democrats are the devil, Obama is a Kenyan-born Muslim anti-Christ who is going to fly the Muslim flag over the White House and set up FEMA death camps while simultaneously  declaring martial law to extend his presidency and same-sex marriage & ObamaCare needs to be repealed immediately-Fox is the news source for you!

rayne315

« Reply #9475 on: February 09, 2016, 02:32:51 pm »

I don't necessarily care about if people do the proper research to pick the absolute best president because I believe close enough will do. what I don't care for though are the extremely volatile political climates where how you win is not by telling people how you would run the nation, but how your opponent would destroy it, by digging up as much shit as you can that means absolutely nothing about how a person leads (or actually sometimes how they do), and just flinging it with as much taxpayers and corporate dollars as you can get your hands on.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #9476 on: February 09, 2016, 02:39:30 pm »
I don't necessarily care about if people do the proper research to pick the absolute best president because I believe close enough will do. what I don't care for though are the extremely volatile political climates where how you win is not by telling people how you would run the nation, but how your opponent would destroy it, by digging up as much shit as you can that means absolutely nothing about how a person leads (or actually sometimes how they do), and just flinging it with as much taxpayers and corporate dollars as you can get your hands on.

What is really, really sick about the whole thing rayne is that it's not even mud slinging between the political parties.  First, they have their little caucuses or whatever where they completely trash other candidates in their own party.  They just act reprehensible and trash each other.  Then when only one is left and is the chosen nominee, they go at the nominee for the other party. 

It's getting so ridiculous now that I fully expect in the next ten years, we will see a commercial claiming "so-and-so" ate an aborted fetus' head and the other candidate got herpes from sodomizing a resus monkey.  It is absolutely appalling and in the end, it's not who is best for the country anymore.  It's whoever had the most money.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9477 on: February 09, 2016, 02:39:42 pm »

Hey, the most "trustworthy" news source around where I live seems to be Faux...I mean Fox News.  They are unbiased and fair right?  I've never seen a channel so dedicated to just slamming one side of our ridiculous political party system.  If you believe Democrats are the devil, Obama is a Kenyan-born Muslim anti-Christ who is going to fly the Muslim flag over the White House and set up FEMA death camps while simultaneously  declaring martial law to extend his presidency and same-sex marriage & ObamaCare needs to be repealed immediately-Fox is the news source for you!

That's nothing exclusive to conservatives, though.

Like Turf said, name your vitriol or extreme and there's a news channel that will cater to you.

Speaking of Turf- any word yet on the promotion, brother?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gf78

« Reply #9478 on: February 09, 2016, 02:47:17 pm »

Like Turf said, name your vitriol or extreme and there's a news channel that will cater to you.

Definitely not exclusive to one news channel or conservatives.  But no matter your political leanings, you have to admit that Fox comes up with the most outlandish, unproven, ridiculous shit.  I try not to watch dedicated news channels like MSNBC, Fox or any of those.  Because Rachel Maddow or whatever talking head they have on the other channel is just as annoying.  But where I live, wherever you go whether it's waiting at the tire shop for new tires, a waiting room at the doctor's office or just about anywhere else, they have that ridiculous Fox news on. 

I can't stand political propaganda at all.  They are all crazy, liars and dirtbags.  But claiming the POTUS is the anti-Christ Muslim scum born in Kenya with FEMA death camps and a plan to declare martial law to extend his presidency indefinitely?  That takes a special kind of bat-shit crazy.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9479 on: February 09, 2016, 02:55:13 pm »

Definitely not exclusive to one news channel or conservatives.  But no matter your political leanings, you have to admit that Fox comes up with the most outlandish, unproven, ridiculous shit.  I try not to watch dedicated news channels like MSNBC, Fox or any of those.  Because Rachel Maddow or whatever talking head they have on the other channel is just as annoying.  But where I live, wherever you go whether it's waiting at the tire shop for new tires, a waiting room at the doctor's office or just about anywhere else, they have that ridiculous Fox news on. 

I can't stand political propaganda at all.  They are all crazy, liars and dirtbags.  But claiming the POTUS is the anti-Christ Muslim scum born in Kenya with FEMA death camps and a plan to declare martial law to extend his presidency indefinitely?  That takes a special kind of bat-shit crazy.

I agree.

To be honest, I dislike the fringes and extremes of both sides equally.

Conversely, I like and respect the moderates of both sides equally.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"