Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596615 times)

pacpix

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9660 on: February 23, 2016, 10:36:22 pm »
Had all the signs of an impending burnout. Quit my job today. BOOM.

(I'm actually going to work for a while still, but just the decision and action of resigning made me feel SO much better already.)
(Oh wow that makes the whole situation look so simple)
(okay I'm done with parentheses)

Now I'm gonna celebrate by catching up on all these posts I haven't read since way too long!

Glad you are feeling better after making your decision.  That's definitely a good indicator that you made the right decision. Best of luck on finding a new, better job.  If all else fails you can fall back on all the money you rake in as a VGCollect admin  :P
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #9661 on: February 23, 2016, 10:56:31 pm »
Im still living on it.  ::)

« Reply #9662 on: February 24, 2016, 12:49:56 am »
I just realized that I've purchased more consoles in the last 6 months (GC, PS4, GBA SP, PSP, and NES) than I have in the preceding 17 years.

kashell

« Reply #9663 on: February 24, 2016, 08:23:22 am »
I'm on it like blue bonnet.

Do people still say that?

I'm a fan of

"off like a prom dress"  ;D

Good idea for a thread, though.

You handsome devil, you.

Had all the signs of an impending burnout. Quit my job today. BOOM.

(I'm actually going to work for a while still, but just the decision and action of resigning made me feel SO much better already.)
(Oh wow that makes the whole situation look so simple)
(okay I'm done with parentheses)

Now I'm gonna celebrate by catching up on all these posts I haven't read since way too long!

You should also celebrate by gaming. I heard that a handsome bloke picked up some Atelier titles for you. Just a thought. <3

Congrats on your decision. You're too young and darling have a midlife crisis. Keep that resume polished and sent out and I'm sure you'll land a new job soon.

« Reply #9664 on: February 24, 2016, 09:07:35 am »

I'm a fan of

Out like a trout.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9665 on: February 24, 2016, 10:52:48 am »
I just realized that I've purchased more consoles in the last 6 months (GC, PS4, GBA SP, PSP, and NES) than I have in the preceding 17 years.

Very nice! congrats!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #9666 on: February 24, 2016, 11:22:22 am »

I'm a fan of

Out like a trout.

In like sin.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9667 on: February 24, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »
I'm getting the itch to buy a new arcade cabinet.  Someone talk me out of this!  I don't have room for the 5 that I have!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9668 on: February 24, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »
I'm getting the itch to buy a new arcade cabinet.  Someone talk me out of this!  I don't have room for the 5 that I have!

You came to the wrong place for that, lol.

karyann

« Reply #9669 on: February 24, 2016, 04:55:49 pm »
Are you at a Medieval Times?  How did you get internet in a Robin Hood movie?  Where did you get mead?

Liquor store! They actually have a few varieties of mead, and it's delicious. I'm all for sweet things though, so that definitely helps.  ::) I first tasted mead at a Medieval-themed restaurant in Montreal and since then I'm kinda in love with it!

Whoa, take care of yourself, Karyann!  You're too young and awesome to burnout!  I'm glad you recognized the signs and took care of yourself properly by taking the right actions.  Glad you're feeling better, and we look forward to your next adventure (and seeing you in the forums more)!

Aww, thanks! I was actually very lucky to have a supportive boyfriend that kept me as positive as he could, and a supportive friend who kept telling me I looked miserable and should seek help. It took a few months (!) but I ended up listening to him. It was annoying at first, but it was definitely for the best :)

I heard that a handsome bloke picked up some Atelier titles for you. Just a thought. <3

Yessss I played Dragon's Crown but I have yet to try Atelier Totori and now you make me wanna play it right now! I'll try to alternate it with Skyward Sword which I'm playing right now :)

Best of luck on finding a new, better job.  If all else fails you can fall back on all the money you rake in as a VGCollect admin  :P

With that, I'm actually good to retire right now! Florida heeere I come.
(the joke is that a lot of Quebecers get a condo in Florida once they retire because it's hot and sunny or whatever. I'm not sure it's really known outside of here so I'm sorry if I ruined the joke by explaining it D: )

That's awesome and you know it  ;)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9670 on: February 24, 2016, 04:57:01 pm »

Who needs a bed turf, they take so much room where you can put another arcade cabinet, sleeping bags are so in now days.

;)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #9671 on: February 24, 2016, 04:58:58 pm »
Best of luck on finding a new, better job.  If all else fails you can fall back on all the money you rake in as a VGCollect admin  :P

With that, I'm actually good to retire right now! Florida heeere I come.
(the joke is that a lot of Quebecers get a condo in Florida once they retire because it's hot and sunny or whatever. I'm not sure it's really known outside of here so I'm sorry if I ruined the joke by explaining it D: )

Don't most people with enough money move to warm places with nice weather once they retire? :P

Also, good luck with the job situation. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9672 on: February 24, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »
When I lived in Florida, we called those folks Snowbirds...Since they'd fly south for the winter.

Start TtT2 yet Kash?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

rayne315

« Reply #9673 on: February 24, 2016, 05:44:51 pm »

Wrong place buddy... But Ill throw you a deal... Those 5 old arcade cabinets you don't have room for... I'll take them off your hands free of charge  ;D :P
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9674 on: February 24, 2016, 06:05:14 pm »

Wrong place buddy... But Ill throw you a deal... Those 5 old arcade cabinets you don't have room for... I'll take them off your hands free of charge  ;D :P

Ill bring my truck and help you load them, if i get to pick one of the 5 ;)

1049-2600-8730