Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1588786 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9810 on: March 04, 2016, 12:50:53 pm »
Anyone else see the news that once again, the Retro VGS/Celeco Commilion is a total farces. They just shoved a random PCB in the case and passed it off as a prototype.

We talked about it a bit on the show... well 5 mins lol.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Flashback2012

« Reply #9811 on: March 05, 2016, 03:06:04 am »
Anyone going to the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend?

http://www.arcaderx.com/

I know a few guys going. Are you going to be there?  Let me know. We'll meet up.

This is looking like a probability. My cousin was the one who told me about it and wants to go. I'm just hoping my vehicle is up for the 4 hours of driving.  :o

kashell

« Reply #9812 on: March 06, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »
Anyone going to the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend?

http://www.arcaderx.com/

I know a few guys going. Are you going to be there?  Let me know. We'll meet up.

This is looking like a probability. My cousin was the one who told me about it and wants to go. I'm just hoping my vehicle is up for the 4 hours of driving.  :o

I just got back from it.

It was a magical weekend. I'll do a more detailed post at a later time.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9813 on: March 06, 2016, 02:54:10 pm »
I saw the pics, I was jelly you guys all got to meet!

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9814 on: March 06, 2016, 05:06:01 pm »
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits w/ HD + trophies for PS4 = yes, please - I'm on it!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9815 on: March 06, 2016, 11:26:23 pm »
What a badass weekend!  Dang it was fun.  I'm looking forward to Retropalooza even more now!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9816 on: March 07, 2016, 12:02:20 am »
What a badass weekend!  Dang it was fun.  I'm looking forward to Retropalooza even more now!

Yall need to come to LA now!

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9817 on: March 07, 2016, 08:01:35 am »

Yall need to come to sunny NJ now!

QFT!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #9818 on: March 07, 2016, 09:52:35 am »

Turf couldn't have said it better. The Louisville Arcade Expo was a wonderful time that I recommend to everyone. I've hung out/partied in Louisville multiple times, but this was easily my favorite time visiting the city. Things are relatively inexpensive there; something to keep in mind for those that wish to visit it for next year's convention.

The moment you walked into the con, the energy surrounding you was infectious. There were modern and current pinball machines as far as the eye could see. The inviting glow of countless arcade cabinets would overwhelm your senses. Everything was on free-play. And that was just the start of it. Every retro console you could think of was set up for you to play. I was able to check out a Vectrex. I reminisced with a Neo-Geo. I reminded the youngins how to properly play the original Smash Bros. and Smash Bros. Melee.

Like any con, there were vendors selling their goods and an area devoted to contests and food. On Friday, I finally purchased my dream game. As evidenced by my signature, I am a proud owner of Panzer Dragoon Saga. The game I have wanted for years upon years is now mine. There's a video of me taking a shot of cinnamon powder in order to get a discount on it. It was so worth it. And the best part is, this was during the first few hours of the convention.

Obviously, meeting turf and mrnikon in the flesh was a highlight. For those that don't know, these two gentlemen are amazing people. I was privy to watching turf pick up a few of the remaining NES games he was missing. I got to play Bubble Bobble with mrnikon. Onlookers were jealous of our Alien vs. Predator skills. Again, this was only during the first couple of hours of the con.

Truthfully, I could gush tirelessly about the weekend but I think everyone reading up to this point gets the idea: it was a blast. I'm looking forward to the one next year. Now it's time to slowly but surely gear up for Retropalooza in October.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9819 on: March 07, 2016, 10:02:15 am »

Turf couldn't have said it better. The Louisville Arcade Expo was a wonderful time that I recommend to everyone. I've hung out/partied in Louisville multiple times, but this was easily my favorite time visiting the city. Things are relatively inexpensive there; something to keep in mind for those that wish to visit it for next year's convention.

The moment you walked into the con, the energy surrounding you was infectious. There were modern and current pinball machines as far as the eye could see. The inviting glow of countless arcade cabinets would overwhelm your senses. Everything was on free-play. And that was just the start of it. Every retro console you could think of was set up for you to play. I was able to check out a Vectrex. I reminisced with a Neo-Geo. I reminded the youngins how to properly play the original Smash Bros. and Smash Bros. Melee.

Like any con, there were vendors selling their goods and an area devoted to contests and food. On Friday, I finally purchased my dream game. As evidenced by my signature, I am a proud owner of Panzer Dragoon Saga. The game I have wanted for years upon years is now mine. There's a video of me taking a shot of cinnamon powder in order to get a discount on it. It was so worth it. And the best part is, this was during the first few hours of the convention.

Obviously, meeting turf and mrnikon in the flesh was a highlight. For those that don't know, these two gentlemen are amazing people. I was privy to watching turf pick up a few of the remaining NES games he was missing. I got to play Bubble Bobble with mrnikon. Onlookers were jealous of our Alien vs. Predator skills. Again, this was only during the first couple of hours of the con.

Truthfully, I could gush tirelessly about the weekend but I think everyone reading up to this point gets the idea: it was a blast. I'm looking forward to the one next year. Now it's time to slowly but surely gear up for Retropalooza in October.

Yeah!  What he said!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9820 on: March 07, 2016, 10:07:24 am »

Yall need to come to sunny NJ now!

QFT!
^^this^^

gf78

« Reply #9821 on: March 07, 2016, 10:21:03 am »
Not to interrupt the flow, but I have to vent a minute.

What in the colossal wholly freakin HELL is wrong with the Florida Postal System??!!  I've ordered several items from Florida and just about every one is late or worse.  Their best screwing for me so far was when I bought a lot of 40 issues of Star Wars Insider.  The box showed up on time...but it wasn't the right box.  Apparently, they completely obliterated the Priority Flat Rate box.  I get a Priority Box in the mail that is way lighter than it should be...but with the postage saying it cost $18 and change and the contents rattling all around.  I open it to find 14 issues just flopping around.  Upon closer inspection, the postage and the 8.5x11 sheet of paper folded in half with my address on it were cut out with a box cutter from the box they destroyed and taped down on a new box.  And the fuckers didn't even put a note in that the item was damaged!  Contacting the post office just gives you the usual circle-jerk with a foreigner that has no clue what you are saying.  I got a sizable refund from the seller, but I don't think that's fair because it wasn't their fault.  But eBay would have it no other way. 

And on the subject of eBay, what the flippin' hell is up with all the non-paying trolls on there now???  Klonoa, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon all sold and the buyers refused to answer messages or pay.  Finally on the last day before they got a non-paying bidder strike, the buyer of Klonoa paid up but the other two didn't. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Flashback2012

« Reply #9822 on: March 07, 2016, 10:24:02 am »
My cousin and I ended up going but had to leave earlier than anticipated when I discovered my car was acting up. We got down there on Saturday around 1PM, hung out for a few hours and then went to get a bite to eat / look for local game shops. As we were leaving the convention my car acted like it didn't want to start or if it did turn over it would fall below 1000 RPMs and then die. Luckily I was able to get it going but it kept doing that even after we ate and found a local game shop (btw Game Force is on my DO NOT RECOMMEND list). Rather than risk it any further I decided to just come back home. It's a 14 year old car and it's been a very reliable vehicle the last five years but I'm thinking it's time to get something newer.  :-\

Anyway, about the convention...it was larger than I was expecting. If I had the space for it, I would have snatched up an E-SWAT cab I saw.  :P My cousin is a huge Dragon's Lair fan and he finally got the chance to play the arcade machine. The vendors were a little more sparse than I was expecting. I did find a guy selling empty boxes for relatively cheap. I picked up the boxes for Puzznic, Mystery Quest, and Tetris 2 on NES. There was this huge framed bead art Bomberman picture that I almost dropped $50 on.  The lack of lighting made it hard to see what some vendors had so I probably missed out on some stuff.

I'm looking forward to attending the show next year and if anyone else from here is going then I'll definitely make a better effort to communicate so we can meet up.  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #9823 on: March 07, 2016, 11:24:57 am »
Not to interrupt the flow, but I have to vent a minute.

What in the colossal wholly freakin HELL is wrong with the Florida Postal System??!!  I've ordered several items from Florida and just about every one is late or worse.  Their best screwing for me so far was when I bought a lot of 40 issues of Star Wars Insider.  The box showed up on time...but it wasn't the right box.  Apparently, they completely obliterated the Priority Flat Rate box.  I get a Priority Box in the mail that is way lighter than it should be...but with the postage saying it cost $18 and change and the contents rattling all around.  I open it to find 14 issues just flopping around.  Upon closer inspection, the postage and the 8.5x11 sheet of paper folded in half with my address on it were cut out with a box cutter from the box they destroyed and taped down on a new box.  And the fuckers didn't even put a note in that the item was damaged!  Contacting the post office just gives you the usual circle-jerk with a foreigner that has no clue what you are saying.  I got a sizable refund from the seller, but I don't think that's fair because it wasn't their fault.  But eBay would have it no other way. 

And on the subject of eBay, what the flippin' hell is up with all the non-paying trolls on there now???  Klonoa, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon all sold and the buyers refused to answer messages or pay.  Finally on the last day before they got a non-paying bidder strike, the buyer of Klonoa paid up but the other two didn't.

That sucks :(  That was really nice of the seller about the refund, but yeah, it's totally not their fault. Especially when they shipped it in a priority box - you'd think that would get some better treatment that a regular box shipped a cheaper way.

And that's really awful about the eBay buyers refusing to act. Don't bid if you don't want to pay. I always try to pay ASAP if I can, and eBay and PayPal make it really easy to do that on the phone.  I'm always surprised when I do all of that and give feedback and the seller doesn't take the time to give me feedback before the window for feedback is up. I know sellers are busy, but it really doesn't take too long :/ (though I know gf78 totally left me feedback, and it was much appreciated ;D )  Had I not already gotten Chocobo's Dungeon a few years back, I would've snapped that one up, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #9824 on: March 07, 2016, 12:27:31 pm »
That sucks :(  That was really nice of the seller about the refund, but yeah, it's totally not their fault. Especially when they shipped it in a priority box - you'd think that would get some better treatment that a regular box shipped a cheaper way.

And that's really awful about the eBay buyers refusing to act. Don't bid if you don't want to pay. I always try to pay ASAP if I can, and eBay and PayPal make it really easy to do that on the phone.  I'm always surprised when I do all of that and give feedback and the seller doesn't take the time to give me feedback before the window for feedback is up. I know sellers are busy, but it really doesn't take too long :/ (though I know gf78 totally left me feedback, and it was much appreciated ;D )  Had I not already gotten Chocobo's Dungeon a few years back, I would've snapped that one up, too.

The seller was gold.  They were understandably upset but did what they thought was the right thing.  I sent her several pictures of the box and the magazines I received and she confirmed that the issues I did receive were indeed part of the set she sold me.  And all I can think about even though she made it right, is that some slob is sitting there picking his nose and reading MY Star Wars Insider magazines!   >:(

You know, I'm a pretty easy person to work with.  If there was a problem after these three bidders (and they were all bid auctions) won, they could have messaged me.  Or at least answered me when I messaged them after three days asking if there was a problem and was there anything I could do to help.  I understand things happen, emergencies pop up, you bid more than you should have, etc.  I've had people ask me to retract their bid for them because it was more than they realistically could spend.  And even if it was a big aggravating, I did it without complaint because I believe in being good to others.  But it is completely ridiculous to not even answer your seller to the point where eBay themselves get involved, give you another five days or whatever to pay and then relist the item for you and refund your fees.  And you can't even leave negative feedback for people like that any longer.   :-\
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:29:51 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us