Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582794 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11685 on: July 18, 2016, 05:23:59 pm »
Saw a Gabriel Iglasias comedy show with my wife last night and had a great time! A bunch of extra comedians opened up and they were pretty damn good.

Gabriel's set went way over the scheduled time and he did great with interacting with the crowd. And it was his 40th birthday.

I think my favorite part was the first comic, Martin Moreno. He was an old, Mexican stoner that was also a grandpa. And he had no filter. He was hilarious.

ive always wanted to go to his shows, but tickets arent cheap.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11686 on: July 18, 2016, 07:04:04 pm »
Saw a Gabriel Iglasias comedy show with my wife last night and had a great time! A bunch of extra comedians opened up and they were pretty damn good.

Gabriel's set went way over the scheduled time and he did great with interacting with the crowd. And it was his 40th birthday.

I think my favorite part was the first comic, Martin Moreno. He was an old, Mexican stoner that was also a grandpa. And he had no filter. He was hilarious.

No they weren't. $140 for two of us in the cheap seats. But it was for our anniversary date (with dinner).

Speaking of prices: I ordered the same drink twice during the show, a long-island iced tea. First time it was $6, second time it was $8. WTF?

rayne315

« Reply #11687 on: July 19, 2016, 11:03:27 am »

No they weren't. $140 for two of us in the cheap seats. But it was for our anniversary date (with dinner).

Speaking of prices: I ordered the same drink twice during the show, a long-island iced tea. First time it was $6, second time it was $8. WTF?

that's when you bitch them out and get them both free!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11688 on: July 19, 2016, 11:07:23 am »

that's when you bitch them out and get them both free!

or happy hour was over haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

necrosexual

« Reply #11689 on: July 19, 2016, 10:34:37 pm »
can i ask how anyone here sits down and decides what game to play?
because my collection is half or 1/3rd or 1/4th some of these collections and you guys all seem to not have trouble at all, but every time i think i want to play something, i think of something i haven't bought (yet) and then i just get upset and want to play that but can't.

help. ;I
i even have great games but i just sit around doing nothing. some games that would give me a familiar experience yet, nah.
even when i have thoughts to start something and see it sitting on someone's 'best game of all time for [console]' list i'm like

man i'm hype
then i never pick it up and give it a go ugh.
i spend a lot of time like TONIGHT I'LL PLAY A GAME then unable to decide.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

desocietas

« Reply #11690 on: July 20, 2016, 02:43:58 am »
That definitely happens to me. The other day, I watched a friend play Bus Simulator and all I wanted to do that day was play some but didn't want to buy it. I have access to ETS2, ATS, and Farming Simulator, but I wanted Bus Simulator that day for some reason.

Thankfully, I got kicked off the PC and just did some chores until it was time for bed.

Most of the time, I'm usually craving some aspect of a game and go from there. Have been enjoying grinding these days, so I've been playing Persona 1 and also decided to fire up Radiant Historia again for old time's sake (and because I haven't finished it yet).

Definitely hard on those nights that you're craving something that you don't own. And then you look over to all your games and see all those boxes that are still unopened  :-[
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

necrosexual

« Reply #11691 on: July 20, 2016, 02:56:50 am »
hahah exactly, i have a number of games sadly in shrinkwrap!!
i really might settle for blinx tomorrow when i get my replacement xbox controller from the shop, he knocked the price off for me for the inconvenience, i asked him kindly to hold til tomorrow due to work, and he agreed~
and i've wanted to play blinx and JSRF for AGES.

but i'm itching to play
good lord
final fantasy xiii
giving it another shot. i don't have a copy. so i'm like. welp.
and ffx won't cut it. and xii doesn't play the same. and i only have iv on psp and my psp is finicky. and then i'm like "i should probably unwrap legend of legacy, i hear it's similar" but then i don't want to fuck about with 3ds games ugh.

i have a buuuunch of games in shrinkwrap. i never, ever, ever thought i'd keep games IN SHRINKWRAP, but here i am. HDN re;birth 3 is wrapped, legend of legacy, persona q, atelier escha and logy, odin sphere ps4, senran kagura estival versus, grand kingdom, 7 dragon iii... all in wrapping still. while i sit and play NOTHING because i'm so indecisive!

i really need to try to... maybe make lists in writing of games to scratch certain itches or something. i don't know, anything but sitting here with a bunch of unplayed titles...

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

kashell

« Reply #11692 on: July 20, 2016, 08:39:45 am »
Legend of Legacy plays like a SaGa title, not a Final Fantasy title. So if you're in the mood for something more challenging than a typical FF, then that's a good choice.

I rarely have that problem of deciding which game to play. If there isn't a new release on the horizon, there is always something I want to either replay or try for the first time. Right now, I'm still knee deep in the new Star Ocean. Once I finish this file, I'll probably rush through my file on Universe. Before I begin the Chaos file, I'm planning on playing (or replaying) something non-RPG related to break things up.

I suggest popping in something at random and giving it an hour or two. If you are having fun, then great. If not, take the game out and try another one.

« Reply #11693 on: July 20, 2016, 09:03:35 am »
I usually just sit and stare at one of the walls of games and wind up picking nothing or I can only think about reorganizing shelves.

This year, I've been trying to make myself play through specific franchises, so I pick a franchise and play one.

rayne315

« Reply #11694 on: July 20, 2016, 10:01:08 am »
can i ask how anyone here sits down and decides what game to play?
because my collection is half or 1/3rd or 1/4th some of these collections and you guys all seem to not have trouble at all, but every time i think i want to play something, i think of something i haven't bought (yet) and then i just get upset and want to play that but can't.

help. ;I
i even have great games but i just sit around doing nothing. some games that would give me a familiar experience yet, nah.
even when i have thoughts to start something and see it sitting on someone's 'best game of all time for [console]' list i'm like

man i'm hype
then i never pick it up and give it a go ugh.
i spend a lot of time like TONIGHT I'LL PLAY A GAME then unable to decide.

if there is a game in your collection you want to play play it. if you have a friend/family member/significant other over and they want to play/watch you play a game in your collection play it. if you feel in a random mood and are up for anything but just cant decide, export your collection to excel and find a random number generator like I do and play what pops up.

Also can anyone tell me if there is a manual (even the 1 page pamphlet) in KNACK on ps4? I just opened my semi-sealed copy I got from a large chain store to play last night and their is nothing in it but the disc.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #11695 on: July 20, 2016, 10:39:24 am »
Also can anyone tell me if there is a manual (even the 1 page pamphlet) in KNACK on ps4? I just opened my semi-sealed copy I got from a large chain store to play last night and their is nothing in it but the disc.

No manual came with mine which I bought new/sealed.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11696 on: July 20, 2016, 12:12:28 pm »
Does anything come with a manual these days?

kashell

« Reply #11697 on: July 20, 2016, 12:29:59 pm »
My word.

That new GIF you have gf78 is certainly something.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11698 on: July 20, 2016, 12:41:31 pm »
Does anything come with a manual these days?

Shovel knight

gf78

« Reply #11699 on: July 20, 2016, 12:52:52 pm »
My word.

That new GIF you have gf78 is certainly something.

It's just for soera.   ;)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us