Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663846 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11790 on: August 02, 2016, 09:13:54 am »
Im kind of irritated. I think if you pre-order a limited edition of a game specifically available through the company themselves, you should get the game either on the day it releases or the day before. My LE of Fairy fencer wont even be here til Saturday (almost a full week after its release date).

#firstworldproblems
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #11791 on: August 02, 2016, 09:17:14 am »
I'm apparently I'm a Master. I blame Destiny I'd higher if I never played that game.

I kinda wish there was a way to recover my old GamerTag and combine it with my new one.  It was registered long ago, under a forgotten MSN email address with an even more forgotten password.  I gave up trying to get it back when I got the Xbone and just created a new one.  I had a pretty high GamerScore as GamerFrom78.  Poor Geezer From 78 only has around 1600+.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #11792 on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:49 am »
I hope the Windows Store Nintendo emulators come to the Xbox One.  Rare Replay is great, but the lack of the Donkey Kong games sting.  I know they are Nintendo games so there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell of Nintendo letting them be included on Rare Replay.  But their absence hurts nonetheless. 

karyann

« Reply #11793 on: August 02, 2016, 12:02:22 pm »
I went here over the weekend and I'm still feeling it. But, it was so worth it. I had a blast and will definitely do it again.

That looks amazing! I love those kinds of activities  :) Makes me wanna go to one of those places soon, if only I had the time.  ::)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11794 on: August 02, 2016, 12:21:53 pm »
Started to play neverwinter on ps4. Pretty fun game for free.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11795 on: August 02, 2016, 12:56:01 pm »
I need help with Dragon Warrior II.

So the walkthroughs I'm reading are saying that as soon as you get the Loto Armor pieces, to equip it on the hero. Except the hero doesn't seem to be able to equip it. Neither can the Prince or Princess that are in my party.

Am I missing something here? I have the Loto Helmet, Shield, and Sword. And I have the Loto Seal. I have put the Loto Seal in the hero's inventory, to see if that's the trouble. And still nothing.

What am I supposed to do here?

kashell

« Reply #11796 on: August 02, 2016, 01:10:34 pm »
I went here over the weekend and I'm still feeling it. But, it was so worth it. I had a blast and will definitely do it again.

That looks amazing! I love those kinds of activities  :) Makes me wanna go to one of those places soon, if only I had the time.  ::)

It was great; I'm sure there are some in your area. You'll find the time for it at some point, I'm sure! ^.^

In other news, I am nearing the end of my Japanese text book. I know that there are some people on here also studying the language, so I'm wondering what resources they have been using. I know a few like Anki, but I don't learn as much as I would like to with it compared to a text book. Any recommendations would be super helpful.

gf78

« Reply #11797 on: August 02, 2016, 01:15:47 pm »

So the walkthroughs I'm reading are saying that as soon as you get the Loto Armor pieces, to equip it on the hero. Except the hero doesn't seem to be able to equip it. Neither can the Prince or Princess that are in my party.

Am I missing something here? I have the Loto Helmet, Shield, and Sword. And I have the Loto Seal. I have put the Loto Seal in the hero's inventory, to see if that's the trouble. And still nothing.

It's been ages since I played Dragon Quest/Warrior II.  Is there a separate armor plate?  You have the helm, shield and sword, but most games have the actual armor chestpiece or whatever you want to call it.  That might be what you are missing.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11798 on: August 02, 2016, 01:31:06 pm »

It's been ages since I played Dragon Quest/Warrior II.  Is there a separate armor plate?  You have the helm, shield and sword, but most games have the actual armor chestpiece or whatever you want to call it.  That might be what you are missing.

I might think the same, but the walkthroughs tell you to equip the items as you get them.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11799 on: August 02, 2016, 01:51:01 pm »
Man, I got a fake game.

You know how it is with collectors, you get a new game, you might not get to it for quite a while. That's what happened here.

I got Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC. I tested enough to see it powered on, and didn't pay much attention.

I started it playing and it's a cartridge with a ROM dump on it. I know because the start-up screen has a little logo of the guy that made ROM, Nick Mueller.

Here it is I don't know how long since I got it, even if I did, the trade site I used to get it is gone (99Gamers).

That sucks.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:58:47 pm by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #11800 on: August 03, 2016, 12:02:33 am »
I've never been a big Blink 182 fan, but I've put California on repeat a number of times now. I think the lack of Tom Delonge is a good thing for this band.

kashell

« Reply #11801 on: August 04, 2016, 11:25:09 am »
I like Thursdays because it means you are one day away from Friday. Another reason is because the folks involved with the Our Parents' Basement podcast have new episodes on Thursday.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11802 on: August 04, 2016, 11:43:34 am »
I like Thursdays because it means you are one day away from Friday. Another reason is because the folks involved with the Our Parents' Basement podcast have new episodes on Thursday.

You don't say!  How would a person check out this Our Parents' Basement podcast?  Can we watch it?  Do we listen to it?  The public demands answers!

kashell

« Reply #11803 on: August 04, 2016, 11:53:52 am »

You don't say!  How would a person check out this Our Parents' Basement podcast?  Can we watch it?  Do we listen to it?  The public demands answers!

That's a great question, turf.  For starters, you can check out the website at http://ourparentsbasement.com. There, you will find all of the shows as well as information on the four lads who run the show.

If that's not your cup of chamomile tea, you could always go audio-only by checking out Our Parents' Basement on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher.

And if you really want to get fancy, you could always interact with the show via Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Flashback2012

« Reply #11804 on: August 04, 2016, 01:15:44 pm »
I wanted to pick up the Steelbook release of The Killing Joke but was unable to go on Tuesday. I checked their website on Tuesday night and most of the stores local to me were ravaged & pillaged by the flipper-scalpers. I saw a couple of places about 20-25 minutes away from me with low stock but unintentionally crashed for the night before I could put the order through. I got up on Wednesday, refreshed the page and saw one location being sold out but another showing the item in stock. I should have just called and saved my time/gas but I drove out and found a barren shelf.  :(

On my lunch break I checked the site and found one a bit further out that showed in stock so this time I tried locking it down by ordering it on the site. I got an email about an hour after I placed the order saying it was unavailable. Aggravating, but not surprising, I give up on trying to get the Steelbook at this time and go on the site one more time to cancel the order. I click the "Cancel Item" button and it goes "Something went wrong, please try again". I tried all throughout the night to cancel the order and every time if gives me that message. I just tried again this morning to the same result.  >:(

Lesson learned I suppose. The Target website isn't worth a damn as it's unreliable in both showing the correct quantities on hand and cannot complete simple actions as completing an order without issue.  :-\ I guess I just need to pay better attention for future releases and try and pre-order them if possible.