Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671031 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12225 on: October 24, 2016, 03:32:07 pm »
I tried replaying Legend of Legacy, but I can't remember what the hell I'm supposed to do. That's what I get for stopping and playing something else. *sigh* I think I'll have to start over.

desocietas

« Reply #12226 on: October 24, 2016, 03:47:52 pm »
I tried replaying Legend of Legacy, but I can't remember what the hell I'm supposed to do. That's what I get for stopping and playing something else. *sigh* I think I'll have to start over.

I hate that. I've replayed the beginning of so many RPGs because of that. That's the one helpful thing about recording my gameplays... I can go back through the videos and get some sense of what I was doing.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12227 on: October 24, 2016, 04:07:50 pm »

I hate that. I've replayed the beginning of so many RPGs because of that. That's the one helpful thing about recording my gameplays... I can go back through the videos and get some sense of what I was doing.

That's a great idea. Do you do that for all of the RPGs you play?

desocietas

« Reply #12228 on: October 24, 2016, 04:26:49 pm »

Only for what I've streamed, so only about the last two years or so. I'm terrible about playing a RPG for about two months and then stopping for another 6, so I'm hoping that the video archive will help things get finished up finally!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #12229 on: October 24, 2016, 04:35:51 pm »
so I have a Lenovo yoga 2 pro and want to start making gameplay videos of my games. so I am looking for something to record gameplay of older systems (5th generation or older) that doesn't need to be directly hooked into my computer (since its a very thin laptop) can anyone recommend something to me that is decent quality and would work for my uses?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #12230 on: October 24, 2016, 04:45:27 pm »
so I have a Lenovo yoga 2 pro and want to start making gameplay videos of my games. so I am looking for something to record gameplay of older systems (5th generation or older) that doesn't need to be directly hooked into my computer (since its a very thin laptop) can anyone recommend something to me that is decent quality and would work for my uses?

Hm, I'm afraid I don't know how to do it without using a computer. I'm currently using an el gato capture HD with my PC and the free OBS Studio software. The capture card itself works well for us in capturing our older and newer consoles. For my handhelds, I got those modded to have an internal capture board.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #12231 on: October 24, 2016, 05:23:30 pm »

Hm, I'm afraid I don't know how to do it without using a computer. I'm currently using an el gato capture HD with my PC and the free OBS Studio software. The capture card itself works well for us in capturing our older and newer consoles. For my handhelds, I got those modded to have an internal capture board.

whoops..... noticed an issue... what I meant to say is something that can be hooked to my computer using a usb2.0/3.0 or maybe if there are any standalone devices that can blu-tooth to my laptop.

Is there a guide out there on how to mod the handhelds to do that or are they cheap enough to warrant buying one instead?

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12232 on: October 24, 2016, 06:10:28 pm »
So with the announcement of the Nintendo Switch, does that mean the 3DS will now start being phased out?

desocietas

« Reply #12233 on: October 24, 2016, 06:30:40 pm »
So with the announcement of the Nintendo Switch, does that mean the 3DS will now start being phased out?

Hopefully not. Nintendo stated that they still think of the Switch as a home console, so I could see them continuing to have a big portable marketbase with the 3DS and any future handhelds. I think the second screen of the DS/3DS is still very handy, and the fact that that's not there for the Switch makes me think that they and developers will continue to support the handheld.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12234 on: October 24, 2016, 09:23:21 pm »

Hope not, hope they keep making games for it...... only time will tell.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #12235 on: October 25, 2016, 08:42:13 am »
Twitter once again saved me from eating gross food.

Thanks me for posting about food and whether or not it was gross.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:59:49 pm by ignition365 »

kashell

« Reply #12236 on: October 25, 2016, 08:50:14 am »

Only for what I've streamed, so only about the last two years or so. I'm terrible about playing a RPG for about two months and then stopping for another 6, so I'm hoping that the video archive will help things get finished up finally!

I thought about doing that before, especially for some of the games that I know like the back of my hand. It could serve as some sort of guide to other players.

rayne315

« Reply #12237 on: October 25, 2016, 11:12:35 am »

Hope not, hope they keep making games for it...... only time will tell.

I don't think it will be phased out. the amount of units out there and the amount of games still being sold for it is still large enough to warrant a continuation. the switches tablet doesn't look like its touch screen (didn't see any part where they touched it) so there are still a different market for the ds line. plus its still something that no phone can be, multi screened.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

davifus

« Reply #12238 on: October 26, 2016, 01:09:54 am »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:04:53 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12239 on: October 26, 2016, 10:35:35 am »