Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670368 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12585 on: January 11, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »
Some fun Shovel Knight news

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/01/switch-up/

Woo hoo! I hope this doesn't mean they don't make us pay separately for upgrades now for those of us that bought the original game. They promised us that expansions would be free.

kashell

« Reply #12586 on: January 11, 2017, 04:24:35 pm »
Strange Journey sounds awesome, despite the first person dungeon crawling aspect. I was never fond of that, but I'm sure I can overlook it.

« Reply #12587 on: January 11, 2017, 04:39:56 pm »
Some fun Shovel Knight news

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/01/switch-up/

Woo hoo! I hope this doesn't mean they don't make us pay separately for upgrades now for those of us that bought the original game. They promised us that expansions would be free.
If you read that whole article they explain.  It's kind of confusing, but yes, anyone who owns Shovel Knight prior to the price hike will get all content free of charge.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12588 on: January 11, 2017, 06:50:06 pm »
Just when you think retro prices couldn't get more ridiculous, prices shoot up again.

I mean, is it just me, or does it seem like stuff suddenly went up in the last few months?

I was specifically looking at Raiden Project just a couple months back, and I was able to get disc-only copies for around $20. The cheapest, disc-only copy I can find now is at $35!

Not only that, but as I'm talking about the NES Classic to people, apparantly real NESes are no longer around $30-$50 used, now they're going for around $100 used!

So glad I got a lot of the stuff I really wanted before these outrageous prices. But at the same time, there's still plenty on my wishlist that I want to get, but I'm having a tough time swallowing these prices.

Yeah, the best time to get a game that you want, is really when you first want to get it. $100 for the dime-a-dozen NES is a sure sign, imo, that something is about to pop. The basic stuff is no longer accessible to those just becoming interested in it. Heck, the plug-and-play designed to make it more accessible is inaccessible right now.  ::)

kashell

« Reply #12589 on: January 12, 2017, 11:39:56 am »
It won't be long until Tales of Berseria arrives. It seems like not too long ago when they announced that it would be released here in the states.

kevininja

« Reply #12590 on: January 12, 2017, 05:22:50 pm »
Man, I'm pumped for Yakuza 0! I've received Yakuza 3 (which is the first game in the series that I'm playing) this christmas and even though I haven't played it a lot, I fell in love with the setting, characters and story of the Yakuza series and this looks like a good time to get into the series with 0 and the Yakuza 1 Remake coming this year.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:31:20 am by kevininja »

azure

« Reply #12591 on: January 12, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »
Man, I'm pumped for Yakuza 0! I've received Yakuza 3 this christmas and even though I haven't played it a lot, I fell in love with the setting, characters and story of the Yakuza series.
Yakuza is one of my favorite series in gaming, very excited to extensively play as Majimia for the first time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12592 on: January 13, 2017, 12:51:38 pm »
Facebook is having problems today...what am I ever going to do to waste time at work, now?

Flashback2012

« Reply #12593 on: January 13, 2017, 01:08:57 pm »
Facebook is having problems today...what am I ever going to do to waste time at work, now?

Reddit and imgur...though I imagine you'll waste FAR more time with those two sites than you would with Facebook.  ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #12594 on: January 13, 2017, 06:09:37 pm »
So I go to pick up my car today, after they tell me they couldn't "duplicate" my concern. Driving down the road it's doing worse than ever, then tells me to pull over, transmission overheating! That's how they gave it back to me. OMG, I'm so pissed about this.  >:( I think they are seriously just BSing me to get me to go away.

kashell

« Reply #12595 on: January 14, 2017, 08:52:07 am »
The boss fights in SMT Nocturne have to be some of the best I've ever played. Each one is so tense and so dependent on playing smart that it makes the eventual victory feel like a major triumph. I finished the Labyrinth of Amala yesterday and fought two insanely tough bosses in the process.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12596 on: January 19, 2017, 01:04:25 pm »
My copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 finally showed up from the U.K. yesterday.

VERY happy with it. It plays so much better on the Master System than it does on the Game Gear. I'll be seeking out the first game and Sonic Chaos on Master System now, too.

However, it does have this ugly light-blue border around the game that I don't like. It would make me think it's a direct port from the Game Gear version, except, like I said, it plays so much better than the Game Gear version.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12597 on: January 19, 2017, 01:07:42 pm »
So I'm looking to get the last few RE games I don't already own (Mercenaries 3D, Outbreak File #2, and RE Gaiden), and I find out that you can't save over old files on RE: Mercenaries 3D on 3DS.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12598 on: January 19, 2017, 03:03:52 pm »
Not very surprising news, but it is official now: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the last officially released Wii U game by Nintendo:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/nintendo-breath-wild-final-wii-u-game/

Warmsignal

« Reply #12599 on: January 19, 2017, 08:12:41 pm »
Not very surprising news, but it is official now: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the last officially released Wii U game by Nintendo:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/nintendo-breath-wild-final-wii-u-game/

I'll be getting the Wii U version. Good news that it's not cancelled.