Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671319 times)

tpugmire

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12660 on: February 03, 2017, 03:33:48 pm »
But what if I'm not cool, can I still ask?  8)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12661 on: February 03, 2017, 06:10:19 pm »
But what if I'm not cool, can I still ask?  8)

You always ask. I've even gotten it at Taco Bell before.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12662 on: February 05, 2017, 06:51:33 pm »
SPORTSBALL!!! watching them run around the field 500 times, scoring home runs, all for the Stanley Cup.

desocietas

« Reply #12663 on: February 06, 2017, 12:45:34 pm »
This is too expensive, imo, but still pretty nice as I know sometimes folks just want to play on a TV without being tied to a computer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=155&v=rGW-vPSH1uc

The problem is that you'd need a modded console anyway, so the total cost would be $450 (not including shipping & cost of the console itself).

Hopefully there will be cheaper ways to do this in the future (or the Switch / future Nintendo systems will allow for older games to played on a television).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #12664 on: February 07, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »
The grind to level 99 in Rouge Galaxy is extremely tedious. I did absolutely everything in the game, and beat the Ghost Ship extreme twice for all the costumes and I was only level 76 by the end of all of it. It has took several hours just to get to 85.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12665 on: February 09, 2017, 12:50:22 pm »
I know we've had a lot of posts bitching about retro prices. But I just wanted to add one more. Remember when a big appeal of retro gaming was that it was a whole lot cheaper than regular gaming? I miss that.

I'm a cheapskate, and that was a big reason I originally got into retro gaming. I was retro before it was cool. I grew up in a welfare family, so we were usually a generation behind on the consoles, to begin with. So as I grew up, I kind of followed suit to bulk up my collection (but was also an adult with a job, so I still have a current-gen console).

Anyone else with a similar situation? Or is it just more of a reliving your childhood thing?

desocietas

« Reply #12666 on: February 09, 2017, 01:00:23 pm »
I know we've had a lot of posts bitching about retro prices. But I just wanted to add one more. Remember when a big appeal of retro gaming was that it was a whole lot cheaper than regular gaming? I miss that.

I'm a cheapskate, and that was a big reason I originally got into retro gaming. I was retro before it was cool. I grew up in a welfare family, so we were usually a generation behind on the consoles, to begin with. So as I grew up, I kind of followed suit to bulk up my collection (but was also an adult with a job, so I still have a current-gen console).

Anyone else with a similar situation? Or is it just more of a reliving your childhood thing?

For me, collecting definitely started as a reliving my childhood thing. I didn't pay too much attention to "current" games - I mostly hunted for old RPGS that I had when I was younger and would just play whatever looked interesting on Gamefly. It was nice to be able to buy cheap, older games on Gamefly back then and know that the box and manual would be included. "Play whatever looked interesting" let me discover games like Katamari Damacy, Chulip, Chibi-Robo, and all other sorts of games I wouldn't have known about otherwise. I never really worried about buying new games unless it was something I really liked after renting it. Otherwise, I was happy to wait for a sale or something to pick it up at a lower price.

Nowadays, it's about buying up special editions at launch, preordering as quickly as you can before things sell out, and not even opening sealed games  :-\ I still try not to pay launch prices on older games, but it's getting less and less likely for me to find old titles for like $12 on ebay (got some great RPGs at that price back when I first jumped onto eBay).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12667 on: February 10, 2017, 08:36:00 am »
It was neither for me.  Most of the games from my childhood I held on to, mostly that was because the games were group owned, so no one really had the right to sell it.

For me, it was obtaining games that I missed out on in my childhood.  This is part of the reason why I don't really care about NES or SMS, they were before my time and I never had one.

« Reply #12668 on: February 10, 2017, 08:51:14 am »
Hyperkin RetroN 5 3-in-1 Adapter for Game Gear, Master System Card - Sega Gear - $59.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCX3KIO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Finally up for pre-order and comes out this month.  I'm pretty psyched.  I've been gathering GG games for years and been wanting to play them, but can't be bothered to repair any of my many GG systems.

kashell

« Reply #12669 on: February 10, 2017, 11:21:33 am »
SMT IV: Hey there, Kash! You ready for some more fun today?

Me: Why yes, yes I am! Let's battle some demons!

SMT IV: That's the spirit! But first, you need to beat this boss battle!

Me: A boss? Bring it. There is nothing I can't handle.

*gets a game over*

SMT IV: What was that you were saying?

Me: Oh, hush. I just got careless. Let me at 'em again.

*gets a game over*

SMTI IV: Mufufu...

Me: Oh yeah? I'll make a demon that can expose this boss' weakness!

*gets a game over*

SMT IV: Here, how about this. You can now lower the difficulty because you clearly suck.

Me: What are you trying to say, game? That this is too hard for me to handle? Puh-leeze! I know I can do it this time.

*gets a game over*

SMT IV: The agony of defeat!

Me: ...fine. I'll lower the difficulty.

*wins*

SMT IV: *whistles innocently*

Me: Oh, shut up.

Hopefully everyone else's current game is treating them with more kindness.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12670 on: February 10, 2017, 11:38:52 am »
Kash, you gave me a giggle this morning.  Well done

telly

« Reply #12671 on: February 10, 2017, 01:42:11 pm »
I dunno, if my 3DS started talking to me like that I'd freak out  :o
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #12672 on: February 10, 2017, 02:43:27 pm »
I dunno, if my 3DS started talking to me like that I'd freak out  :o

Haha, well, considering it's playing an Atlus game, I wouldn't be surprised ;)

But yes, I've run into a similar thing in FFXIV with some fights. They more you lose, the easier they make it, haha.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #12673 on: February 10, 2017, 02:44:37 pm »
It was neither for me.  Most of the games from my childhood I held on to, mostly that was because the games were group owned, so no one really had the right to sell it.

For me, it was obtaining games that I missed out on in my childhood.  This is part of the reason why I don't really care about NES or SMS, they were before my time and I never had one.

Ah, good point. Some systems I don't have any interest in because I didn't grow up with them or wasn't old enough to have any ties to them. NES, SNES, Dreamcast for instance. But I have good memories of Genesis and PS1 as well as my handhelds.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #12674 on: February 10, 2017, 02:50:07 pm »
Yesterday almost purchased my digital copy of Double Dragon Neon but when I was going home after work there were a new restaurant in town selling some Tacos and since they smelled so damn good didn't resisted the temptation and spent the money that I was saving for other things, won't regret anything since there were so fucking delicious, this is one of the main reasons why I don't purchase that many games when I have money at my wallet, food is my nemesis I admit it  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy