Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1602685 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13290 on: July 10, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »
I have been looking all over and have not  yet found a comprehensive list of ps1 Exclusive games. does anyone know of any such list that exists?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13292 on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:15 pm »
It took me 2 seconds

http://playstationcollecting.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=73&threadid=86128

What ?! The European release of Tail Concerto was only available in France ? I didn't knew that and since i really liked that game i find that fact kinda sad...

rayne315

« Reply #13293 on: July 10, 2017, 02:47:31 pm »
It took me 2 seconds

http://playstationcollecting.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=73&threadid=86128

thank you very much! I would have passed over this as it says region exclusive games not platform exclusive games. I have not searched through all of the NTSC section but it does look accurate that they are all PS exclusive also.

EDIT:

I have noticed this is definitely not a complete list. maybe for the regions but not for the entirety of the ps1 library.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:09:46 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13294 on: July 10, 2017, 03:34:33 pm »
I'm confused.  You are looking for a list of games released ONLY on PS1?

Wild Arms isn't on that list and it's definitely exclusive.

I think that is only listing games that are exclusive to specific regions.

rayne315

« Reply #13295 on: July 10, 2017, 03:49:44 pm »

I am looking to compile a list of every Playstation exclusive title that were released in North America (PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4,Vita,PSP,PSVR) but there is no exclusivity list for PS1 that I can find. I have currently found them for PS2, PS3, and ps4, and have not looked for any others yet.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:58:46 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13296 on: July 10, 2017, 04:05:56 pm »

I am looking to compile a list of every Playstation exclusive title that were released in North America (PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4,Vita,PSP,PSVR) but there is no exclusivity list for PS1 that I can find. I have currently found them for PS2, PS3, and ps4, and have not looked for any others yet.
I'm gonna ask again, because it still seems vague given the link provided.

You want a list of PS1 titles exclusive to NA or a list of NA titles exclusive to PS1?

rayne315

« Reply #13297 on: July 11, 2017, 11:58:56 am »

You want a list of PS1 titles exclusive to NA or a list of NA titles exclusive to PS1?

NA titles that are exclusive on ps1.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13298 on: July 11, 2017, 12:02:05 pm »

Console exclusive or entirely exclusive?  In other words, does it matter if the game was released on PC?

rayne315

« Reply #13299 on: July 11, 2017, 12:41:50 pm »

Console exclusive or entirely exclusive?  In other words, does it matter if the game was released on PC?

console exclusives. if it was released on ps1 and re-released on ps2 then I want the title. if it were released on pc and ported to ps1 and no other competing console then I want the title. if it were released on ps1 and ported to pc only then I also want that title.

I do not want titles that were exclusive to ps1 and then ported to say n64 or xbox years later.

If I can just find a exclusives list that includes every region I can research and pull out the NA released ones. but I cannot find a complete exclusive list.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13300 on: July 11, 2017, 01:11:40 pm »
I'm bored, so I'm working on this.

First thing to note.  007 World is not enough for PS1 is actually a different game than 007 World is not enough for N64.

Would you say that Castlevania SotN is not exclusive because it was ported to XBLA on 360?  Mind you that it did receive a physical release through the Konami Classic Collection Vol 1 or 2.

Also, further... Do handheld versions count?  Asteroids was released on GBC and PS1, so is that considered exclusive?  Yes, Asteroids in general has been released on tons of platforms, but this specific release was only on PS1 and GBC. 

My opinion is that all of these count because different games, remasters/remakes/etc are different games, and handheld's are wildly different from console releases.

This is highly entertaining and educational.  I just found out that Ballistic was released for PS1 and Nuon.

I assume games also released on platforms like Neo Geo CD, TG-CD, and Jaguar CD shouldn't count since technically that is a competitor... but I'm also like "Are you really a competitor tho?"

I think this is why this list doesn't exist, there were TONS of platforms competing before it was just DC/PS2/Xbox/GCN

Regardless, I'm making notes.  Like I don't know if I should remove Battle Arena Toshinden 2 because Battle Arena Toshinden URA for Saturn is basically an upgraded version of BAT2 not unlike Sculptor's Cut is to 63 1/3rd.  But I've noted that in my list.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:06:10 pm by ignition365 »

rayne315

« Reply #13301 on: July 11, 2017, 02:09:30 pm »
I'm bored, so I'm working on this.

First thing to note.  007 World is not enough for PS1 is actually a different game than 007 World is not enough for N64.

Would you say that Castlevania SotN is not exclusive because it was ported to XBLA on 360?  Mind you that it did receive a physical release through the Konami Classic Collection Vol 1 or 2.

Also, further... Do handheld versions count?  Asteroids was released on GBC and PS1, so is that considered exclusive?  Yes, Asteroids in general has been released on tons of platforms, but this specific release was only on PS1 and GBC. 

My opinion is that all of these count because different games, remasters/remakes/etc are different games, and handheld's are wildly different from console releases.

This is highly entertaining and educational.  I just found out that Ballistic was released for PS1 and Nuon.

I assume games also released on platforms like Neo Geo CD, TG-CD, and Jaguar CD shouldn't count since technically that is a competitor... but I'm also like "Are you really a competitor tho?"

I think this is why this list doesn't exist, there were TONS of platforms competing before it was just DC/PS2/Xbox/GCN

im going to say if it is different enough of a game but shares the same title that would be fine. generally speaking this would take handheld from the time out of contention because to port them to handheld required a lot of things to be altered from the original and a lot of things to be left out entirely.

I would also say no on Castlevania SotN. since it was released on Xbox.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13302 on: July 11, 2017, 02:34:12 pm »
im going to say if it is different enough of a game but shares the same title that would be fine. generally speaking this would take handheld from the time out of contention because to port them to handheld required a lot of things to be altered from the original and a lot of things to be left out entirely.

I would also say no on Castlevania SotN. since it was released on Xbox.
At this point, I'm just making a list of NA PS1 games not released on Saturn, Dreamcast, or N64... but making notes if the game was re-released or ported later.

So far I'm at about 100 games and I'm only part way through the letter 'B'.

kashell

« Reply #13303 on: July 13, 2017, 11:45:50 am »
Which is worse?

People who complain about games they have never played, or people who try to give advice on games that they never played?

« Reply #13304 on: July 13, 2017, 12:18:00 pm »
Which is worse?

People who complain about games they have never played, or people who try to give advice on games that they never played?
Advice.  9/10 Advice is worse.  How you gonna give me suggestions when you don't even know what I'm talking about?