Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658105 times)

maximo310

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13605 on: September 12, 2017, 09:50:03 pm »
Don't want to open a new thread for this but can somebody please tell me what the hell is wrong with Miitopia for the 3DS, game was about 40 bucks a couple days ago at eBay and now is around the 110 bucks, my daughter really want it since she already finished the demo, in fact was about to purchase the title this next Friday but am not gonna pay that ammount of money for it, it's even less expensive at Mercado Libre  :o
My best guess is that it either had a low physical print run or companies have run out of new stock for the moment. It can still be bought physically on Gamestop.com for $40 in the states, and $52 on Amazon Mexico.

doafan

« Reply #13606 on: September 12, 2017, 09:55:45 pm »
Guess that my best choice will be Game Stop, saw one at ML but I have my doubts about the cover, this is the first time that I ever saw the Parental guidance recommended, dunno if it's fake  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

telly

« Reply #13607 on: September 12, 2017, 11:50:22 pm »
That looks the Australian release. That's the rating system they use
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #13608 on: September 12, 2017, 11:56:48 pm »
Don't want to open a new thread for this but can somebody please tell me what the hell is wrong with Miitopia for the 3DS, game was about 40 bucks a couple days ago at eBay and now is around the 110 bucks, my daughter really want it since she already finished the demo, in fact was about to purchase the title this next Friday but am not gonna pay that ammount of money for it, it's even less expensive at Mercado Libre  :o

whoa wth. i'll keep an eye out for it myself. I wanted to pick this one but figured I'd wait 'till it got cheap....  :-[

My best guess is that it either had a low physical print run or companies have run out of new stock for the moment. It can still be bought physically on Gamestop.com for $40 in the states, and $52 on Amazon Mexico.

No such luck on Gamestop, unfortunately. Only $40 for the digital version, and nowhere within 100 miles of me has a copy :'(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:58:56 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #13609 on: September 13, 2017, 12:21:11 am »
That's so insane. I think they might have been recalled it for some reason? I was just at two GameStop locations late last week, browsing the 3DS games and I saw it. Now it's not at any store near me, now no major earlier site has it. I know I've seen it at Walmart as well, bet they're all gone. I'm thinking there's be a low key recall on the game. Possibly another one vulnerable to hacking or something they didn't want in there. Because there's no way "teh rarez" can go that viral in just a week on a modern and recent release.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13610 on: September 13, 2017, 12:54:48 am »
Okay, now I am getting suspicious. I've discovered yet another game in my collection that I've re-bought. RoboWarrior for the NES was a game that my VG collect said that I had, and I thought I had, last year when I bought it. Turns out, I have photographic evidence that I did in fact buy it once before, for $3 in 2012. Yet I can only account for my more recent copy.

I think someone might have stolen a few of my games, probably several years back. I was in a jam band of sorts, and I hosted practice at my place. But I always felt like everyone who came over was trust worthy, maybe not? This is the second game, and I bet I'll find a few more. Odd choices, because so far, none of them were, or are valuable games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13611 on: September 13, 2017, 03:22:20 am »
As a long time collector, I have come to the conclusion that cartridges are the best physical form of media for collectors.

Between disc-rot, VHS mold and hardware failure, floppy disk erasure, and just plain wearing out of cassette tapes; none of the rest have a lasting quality to them 2-3 decades later. With my game cartridges I have nothing to worry about 25 years later like I do with these other formats. And thanks to after-market accessories and consoles, I don't have to worry much about hardware failure even, like I do with my aging VCRs and cassette players. Short of physically breaking, or submersion, those carts will last me my lifetime.

For this reason alone, I want to see cartridges somehow make a comeback. The collector in my cries every time I find something that hasn't aged well in my collection.

« Reply #13612 on: September 13, 2017, 08:33:29 am »
This is just nuts to me.  That game went from being undesirable and easily available to impossible to find super fast.

I bought a back order copy on Amazon, so in for a cancellation I guess.

A Gamestop a few towns over (3 hour drive 1 way) has a copy... I could see if they'll ship the copy to my store.

« Reply #13613 on: September 13, 2017, 08:48:30 am »
Double post because why not.

I got my Note8 in the mail yesterday, but I don't get my case until later this week.  Probably won't bother setting the phone up until I get the case because I don't want to carry it around without a case.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13614 on: September 13, 2017, 09:47:00 am »

whoa wth. i'll keep an eye out for it myself. I wanted to pick this one but figured I'd wait 'till it got cheap....  :-[

No such luck on Gamestop, unfortunately. Only $40 for the digital version, and nowhere within 100 miles of me has a copy :'(

There's one in West Memphis, AR 72301.  The store's phone number is 8707330023

rayne315

« Reply #13615 on: September 13, 2017, 10:00:45 am »

There's one in West Memphis, AR 72301.  The store's phone number is 8707330023
NEW:
also one in fon du lac, WI 54935. phone 9209220031
and Milwaukee, WI 53216. phone 4144495262
USED:
Milwaukee, WI 53215. phone 4143832110
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:02:42 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #13616 on: September 13, 2017, 11:04:09 am »
I'm gonna check a local Walmart that doesn't get hit as hard, they usually have way more stock than the one at the shopping center (they actually had an NES classic once). I know they had Miitopia last week. Guess I'll pick it up if they've still got it.

doafan

« Reply #13617 on: September 13, 2017, 12:51:34 pm »
That looks the Australian release. That's the rating system they use

That's new for me anyway I asked the seller for a picture of the cartridge and he deleted the publication, lol

Had the same idea that eventualy will get cheaper but I was wrong, the problem here is that my daughter is asking every single day when am going to purchase the game, am also asking a couple of people of sellers from Mercado Libre and one of them is part of Nintendo Mexico and he has it available, the price for it is $58.33 guess that I will go for this one.

« Reply #13618 on: September 13, 2017, 01:30:50 pm »
Already paid for and ready for pick up.  Grabbing the only Walmart copy in my town on the way home.

doafan

« Reply #13619 on: September 13, 2017, 02:24:05 pm »
Already paid for and ready for pick up.  Grabbing the only Walmart copy in my town on the way home.

How much did you paid for it ?, I asked for some photos from the seller at Mercado Libre cause really want to be sure that it came with the spanish language, the demo that my daughter downloaded came with that language by default but a friend told me that it came that way because the 2DS has it this way, want to believe it's true.