Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670661 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14070 on: January 08, 2018, 03:17:21 pm »
well I got another stock tip for people if you want it.

Mad Catz

many of you may know/remember them from the days that they were around. they are a maker of third party controllers/high end gaming headsets/high end gaming mouse/keyboards. well around 9 months ago they filled for bankruptcy and recently if you are reading news articles you may know that they are coming back.

their manufacturing wing has taken over everything and are re-structuring things. so this is going to be very much a gamble. I started looking into this 4 days ago and from then til now the stock has gone up 400%. again this is a very risky investment as they had already filled for bankruptcy and sold a bunch of their stuff off. with that being said the upside is astounding.

right now as I post this they have a market cap of 530K a stock price of $0.0072 if they regain all of their market cap from before the bankruptcy then there is a potential of the stock going to ~$0.50 although that isn't much it is a 70X return on investment.

again with that said do your own research and I personally am putting in $500 in initial investment and $100 a month til I no longer feel confident in any rise.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14071 on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:14 pm »
What's the best way of going about buying stock?  I'm planning on making an appointment with my bank's investment group, but I'm not confident they'll be helpful.

rayne315

« Reply #14072 on: January 08, 2018, 04:33:14 pm »
What's the best way of going about buying stock?  I'm planning on making an appointment with my bank's investment group, but I'm not confident they'll be helpful.

I just go through TD Ameritrade. they have a relatively low fee and a really low penny stocks fee (which is what Mad Catz is) the big difference between what im doing and what your banks investment group is doing is that 100% of the research and risk is on my side where as with a third party they manage your money for you (less stress on your end)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:45:08 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #14073 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:37 pm »
Hey i found something strange while looking through my fiance's game collection. she has a copy of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games but the cover appears to be specifically printed for hollywood video (an old video rental store) the back of it has an outline of the game synopsis and otherwise is completely white with grid paper grids. it has a UPC that completely matches the actual game and below it it says "2006 Hollywood Entertainment Corporation". but the front is the exact same cover as the real cover.

Now normally i would just chock this up as a fake cover but this is printed on the exact same gloss paper and the same Dot printer matrix precision as what nintendo makes produces.

My question is does anyone know if nintendo ever printed this cover or if Hollywood Video bought the game and just swapped out the cover?

EDIT: its also worth noting this was not the only one i found for the wii, but I only ever found these cover types on the Wii console, not other ones bought from HV for the ps2 or xbox
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:09:40 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #14074 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:11 am »
Hey i found something strange while looking through my fiance's game collection. she has a copy of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games but the cover appears to be specifically printed for hollywood video (an old video rental store) the back of it has an outline of the game synopsis and otherwise is completely white with grid paper grids. it has a UPC that completely matches the actual game and below it it says "2006 Hollywood Entertainment Corporation". but the front is the exact same cover as the real cover.

Now normally i would just chock this up as a fake cover but this is printed on the exact same gloss paper and the same Dot printer matrix precision as what nintendo makes produces.

My question is does anyone know if nintendo ever printed this cover or if Hollywood Video bought the game and just swapped out the cover?

EDIT: its also worth noting this was not the only one i found for the wii, but I only ever found these cover types on the Wii console, not other ones bought from HV for the ps2 or xbox
I have a few of these.  Fuel for 360 comes to mind.  Exactly the same.  I don't know if the artwork was provided by the publisher or if Hollywood Video produced the covers themselves.  I can tell you for sure that they were not made in store like how Gamestop does.

« Reply #14075 on: January 10, 2018, 08:59:41 am »
So I don't know if anybody else heard about this, but apparently Take Two opened up a new publishing division called "Private Division" that serves to published and fund Triple-I games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.  Games that would cost too much to be funded by a smaller publisher like Devolver or to be crowdfunded.  Obsidian has already signed on with Private Division so future games will be going through them rather than the usual Fig funding.  The first game they are publishing is Kerbal Space Program, so if that comes physical... and it sounds like it will, this could be absolutely great for the Triple-I sector of the game industry.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14076 on: January 10, 2018, 10:21:50 am »
Idiot question incoming!

What's "Triple I"?

« Reply #14077 on: January 10, 2018, 10:25:43 am »
Idiot question incoming!

What's "Triple I"?
Triple-A equivalent of Indie games.  Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is a prime example.

The expensive indie games that are too costly to go physical.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14078 on: January 10, 2018, 10:27:44 am »
Idiot question incoming!

What's "Triple I"?
Triple-A equivalent of Indie games.  Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is a prime example.

10-4  Makes a lot of sense.  Thank you and carry on.

soera

« Reply #14079 on: January 10, 2018, 03:28:36 pm »
Idiot question incoming!

What's "Triple I"?

Why is Hellblade considered an indie game? It had the cover of a Game informer even. Not really something Id consider indie.

« Reply #14080 on: January 10, 2018, 03:32:56 pm »
Idiot question incoming!

What's "Triple I"?

Why is Hellblade considered an indie game? It had the cover of a Game informer even. Not really something Id consider indie.
It wasn't funded by a major publisher.  It was an independently developed and published game by a studio that has never independently published a game before.

From Wikipedia "Independent video game development is the video game development process of creating indie games; these are video games, commonly created by individual or small teams of video game developers and usually without significant financial support of a video game publisher or other outside source. These games may take years to be built from the ground up or can be completed in a matter of days or even hours depending on complexity, participants, and design goal."

20 devs.  Small team.
No financial support from publishers.

The difference here between Triple-A and Triple-I, I guess, would be the fact that Private Division never seeks control or ownership of intellectual properties.

desocietas

« Reply #14081 on: January 10, 2018, 06:27:37 pm »
Tacoma was also on a cover of Game Informer, and I'm pretty dang sure Fullbright is considered an indie dev still.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14082 on: January 10, 2018, 06:51:05 pm »
I think the term indie is way overused in the gaming community now. Its just like the term underground when it comes to music.

« Reply #14083 on: January 10, 2018, 08:14:42 pm »
I think the term indie is way overused in the gaming community now. Its just like the term underground when it comes to music.
indie is short for independent.

The games are independently made and published...

soera

« Reply #14084 on: January 10, 2018, 08:35:51 pm »
indie is short for independent.

The games are independently made and published...

Every game in existence is independently made and published.